Windows 10: BSOD on sleep, DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Discus and support BSOD on sleep, DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This has been a problem even before upgrading to 10 from 8.1, but its getting worse. I reviewed my drivers in Device Manager and most look up to date.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by raygunc, Aug 24, 2015.

1. raygunc Win User

BSOD on sleep, DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

This has been a problem even before upgrading to 10 from 8.1, but its getting worse. I reviewed my drivers in Device Manager and most look up to date. I realized I didn't have a chipset driver installed and that helped for a day or two, but its happening again.

Any help finding the offending drivers would be much appreciated.

:)

raygunc, Aug 24, 2015

2. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Windows 10

I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to WIndows 10 on my ASUS VivoBook S400CA

1. Windows does not come up from sleep and it goes into BSOD with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE .

2. Startup time for os has increases significantly.

RohitRohatgi, Aug 24, 2015
  3. Toshiba CL15T Driver_Power_State_Failure

I just bought a Toshiba CL15T about a week and a half ago and every time I wake it from sleep I see a BSOD with driver_power_state_failure. Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated!!

I will include a link to my minidump files:

Minidump

Thanks!

OliverValenti, Aug 24, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi raygunc,

Welcome to the 10forums.

BSOD on sleep, DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please read and run driver verifier.

Some windows drivers are blamed in a few crashes, but that usually means that a 3rd party driver is actually the cause.
    Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

5. raygunc Win User
    Thanks. I ran this and got it to crash, but once I disabled it so I could log back in, I don't really know what to do next. I suppose that driver verifier wrote some logs somewhere about which drivers are causing the issue, but I don't' know where to look exactly.

Thanks in advance!

raygunc, Aug 31, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Yes, when driver verifier has found a violation your system will crash and a dump will be generated.
    Please use the tool again and upload the zip file.

If correct, the dump file is located at {windows partition}\windows\minidump\

7. raygunc Win User
    I have re-run the log collector and here's the results. Thanks for your help axe0!

raygunc, Aug 31, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

There are 3 drivers causing trouble
    The touchpad driver, a USB hub driver and the Intel Wifi driver.
    Please check your manufacturer for windows 10 compatible driver updates.

Synaptic Touchpad driver
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm SynTP start end module name fffff801`0c350000 fffff801`0c3ec000 SynTP T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: SynTP.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\SynTP.sys Image name: SynTP.sys Timestamp: Fri Jul 10 21:17:32 2015 (55A01A4C) CheckSum: 000998A7 ImageSize: 0009C000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Intel Wifi driver
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm NETwew01 start end module name fffff800`d2c30000 fffff800`d2f78000 NETwew01 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: NETwew01.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\NETwew01.sys Image name: NETwew01.sys Timestamp: Tue Jan 06 17:19:19 2015 (54AC0B07) CheckSum: 0033AADA ImageSize: 00348000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Virtual USB Hub: Driver Reference Table - vuhub.sys
    Code: 2: kd> lmvm vuhub start end module name fffff801`9ac90000 fffff801`9ac9f000 vuhub T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: vuhub.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\vuhub.sys Image name: vuhub.sys Timestamp: Fri Nov 16 16:31:13 2007 (473DB7C1) CheckSum: 0000C82F ImageSize: 0000F000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

9. raygunc Win User
    Great! Thank you, I will go and get some new drivers from Lenovo.

raygunc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD on sleep, DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE - Similar Threads - BSOD sleep DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

2. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD: Hi everyone sorry for my english, it's not my first language I have an HP laptop a bit more than a year and a half and about 3 months after buying and till this day I keep getting a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD while gaming. I've taken it to the store I bought it from...
  3. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD after closing lid of laptop(sleep)

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD after closing lid of laptop(sleep): A few hours ago I had closed the lid of my laptop to put it to sleep. But after opening it again, I saw that the PC had shut down. WhoCrashed showed that there was a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error and listed ntoskrnl.exe. I have attached the Log Collector's results below....
  4. Intermittent DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD when going to sleep

Intermittent DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD when going to sleep: I have been getting intermittent BSOD when desktop goes to sleep. This has been going on for approx 4-6 weeks. Sometimes it will happen multiple times in a day or it may go a day or two with no BSOD. No driver is being called out only ntoskrnl.exe. I cannot pinpoint anything...
  5. BSOD (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE)

BSOD (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE): I updated my bios, it failed but my PC still works so here are the BSOD informations (these are different) : (1) IMAGE_NAME: pci.sys DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: f525018 MODULE_NAME: pci FAULTING_MODULE: fffff80059080000 pci (2) MODULE_NAME: dxgkrnl...
  6. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: My PC started to bluescreen a couple weeks ago. When I turn the PC on and I login its fine for a few minutes then bluescreens. It restarts automatically and I login again and its fine for the whole day... until I turn it off and on again the next day then it bluescreens...
  7. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE randomly after cold boot/sleep

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE randomly after cold boot/sleep: For the past month I have been getting random BSOD's all with driver power state failure. They happen randomly, usually within the first 5-10 minutes of cold booting or waking my computer. Steps I have taken to attempt to fix the problem: Reinstalled GPU drivers/ tried old...
  8. BSOD "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" after resuming from sleep

BSOD "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" after resuming from sleep: Hi, My computer BSODs every time I resume from sleep, usually after a minute or two, with the "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" error. I've tried to update all my drivers and done some troubleshooting on my own, but I can't seem to find the cause of the crashes. I would love if...
  9. BSOD with Driver_Power_State_Failure after waking from sleep

BSOD with Driver_Power_State_Failure after waking from sleep: Ever since updating to Windows 10 I have periodically had a problem with my computer when I wake it from sleep. The symptoms of this are as follows: The machine will wake from sleep fine and I'm able to put in my password etc. After 30s to a minute, the machine will give me...
  10. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on Sleep

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on Sleep: This has been happening for a while. Doesn't seem to be any new drivers on the ASUS site that I don't already have. It seems to do it almost every time it goes to sleep. TIA for your help! Attachment 77615 48889