Windows 10: BSOD on start up every time - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Discus and support BSOD on start up every time - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every time I startup my computer, I get a blue screen of death with the message "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED". This happens after the windows 10 logo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Karoxux, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Karoxux Win User

BSOD on start up every time - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Every time I startup my computer, I get a blue screen of death with the message "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED". This happens after the windows 10 logo appears, but before I reach the login screen or desktop. The computer then restarts automatically and attempts an "Automatic Repair", which just tells me "Your PC did not start correctly" and asks me to restart or use advanced options.

I've had no luck booting in safe mode, and `sfc /scannow` processed for some time then said "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation."

This *may* have started after an SSD firmware update. The last couple times I successfully booted and used the computer I got a message about updating Samsung Magician firmware (I have a Samsung drive in the computer). I had dismissed this popup several times because I didn't want to deal with it at the moment, but it's possible I said "yes" the last time before switching over to doing some other task. I have two drives in the computer, and windows is not installed on the Samsung drive, so in debugging I attempted to boot with the Samsung drive disconnected, but still got the BSOD.

I'm running Windows 10 on a computer a built several years ago. Can provide other stats if they seem relevant.

I know my way around a unix terminal, but helpless when it comes to Windows BSOD on start up every time - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED :) Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Karoxux, Mar 7, 2017

2. BSOD error "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" while waking From Sleep.

Every time I wake up my computer, I get a BSOD saying that a CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Štefan Darvaš, Mar 7, 2017
  3. LudwigAJ Win User
    BSODs since yesterday when using GPU intensive programs.

The BSOD is always: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

LudwigAJ, Mar 7, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello Karoxux, *Smile

Welcome to Tenforums!

If you can get into the Advanced options it would be worth trying a system restore to a point before you updated the SSD firmware - just in case anything happened then. System Restore Windows 10

philc43, Mar 7, 2017
  5. Karoxux Win User
    Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately when I enter the system restore interface I get the message "No restore points have been created on your computer's system drive." (I'm not sure if that's because I never configured the feature, or if indicates a issue reading restores that may exist.)

Karoxux, Mar 7, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Microsoft, for some as yet unknown reason, disables System Restore when you install Windows 10. This makes no sense and has been requested by many, many people to be fixed so it defaults to on. It's especially dumb when one of the actions available when Automatic Repair takes place is to do a System Restore. Follow the link @philc43 gave you to see how to enable it.

Ztruker, Mar 8, 2017
  7. Karoxux Win User
    I'll definitely have to enable that for next time *Smile Enabling it now won't help me with my current situation though, right?

Karoxux, Mar 8, 2017
  8. Ztruker Win User

No, won't help. Is all your data backed up or have you take a backup image dump? If yes then I would suggest trying a Reset and if that doesn't help (should) then a Clean Install.

Reset Windows 10
    Clean Install Windows 10

If not then backup your data before doing either of the above, even though a Resdet should not touch your data, it's always better to be safe.

One way to backup your data is to boot Kyhi's Windows 10 PeRescue disc from a DVD or flash drive.
    See here: Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk from KYHI

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD on start up every time - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED - Similar Threads - BSOD start every

2. Computer BSOD every time steam starts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer BSOD every time steam starts: Hello,My computer started BSODing on startup after the login screen. The attached image appears whenever SyncThing launches. First, I reseated both of my RAM sticks and the issue persisted. Then, I went into safe mode and the issue stopped happening. I disabled Steam which...
  3. Computer BSOD every time steam starts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer BSOD every time steam starts: Hello,My computer started BSODing on startup after the login screen. The attached image appears whenever SyncThing launches. First, I reseated both of my RAM sticks and the issue persisted. Then, I went into safe mode and the issue stopped happening. I disabled Steam which...
  4. These services start up automatically EVERY TIME!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    These services start up automatically EVERY TIME!!: Please refer to the screenshot below. I disabled the intel services to startup when I boot my pc, but it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/these-services-start-up-automatically-every-time/a7e35fa0-ab62-4ee4-a763-0c5d526f608c
  5. BSOD - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

BSOD - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hello Masters, Please help.. I have a problem with several users at work after installing Sophos anti-virus as follows: Dump File : 112620-10421-01.dmp Crash Time : 26/11/2020 08:42:26 Bug Check String : CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Bug Check Code :...
  6. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED bsod

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED bsod: Hi! I've been having bsod for quite some time now and decided to perform a clean Windows 10 install a few days ago as a last resort. Today it happened again.. I tried to get more information use windbg myself but couldn't find anything informative. Please help!...
  7. BSOD Critical_Process_Died at random times.

BSOD Critical_Process_Died at random times.: Hello I just reset my laptop using the recovery mode in windows. I have updated most of my drivers and currently have multiple BSOD per day. Currently, it is at 13 BSOD in the last 24 hours. These BSODs happen when I am browsing chrome, updating windows, and playing games. I...
  8. BSOD within 30 minutes of computer start up every time

BSOD within 30 minutes of computer start up every time: Hi Guys, So basically I built a new PC, and I have had various BSOD's within 10-30 minutes of starting it up not matter what the computer is doing. I can start it up, walk away and come back and it has BSODed or I can be playing a game. However, if i restart the computer...
  9. BSOD Critical_Process_Died

BSOD Critical_Process_Died: Hello, I have various BSOD Crashes. They occur during normal Browsing. Firstly it was a "Unexpected Store Exception" in the help in another Forum at that time ( 2 weeks ago ) we managed to do a perfect SFC-Scan and a perfect DISM-Scan, which apparantly did not...
  10. Bsod: Critical_process_died

Bsod: Critical_process_died: The BSOD: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED occurred while playing Spider Solitaire, which is by itself not a critical process. A BSOD was previously posted for this system, but while the system was using an SSD drive. I've returned to the original HDD to avoid the SSD-related BSODs....