Windows 10: BSOD on Startup. Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer

Discus and support BSOD on Startup. Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys, this error just started not to long ago, and it happens to when I boot up my desktop. Once it restarts it boots Windows 10 right up without a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MrQuestionMarks, Aug 9, 2015.

1. BSOD on Startup. Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer

Hey guys, this error just started not to long ago, and it happens to when I boot up my desktop. Once it restarts it boots Windows 10 right up without a problem.

Here is the .zip file that is to be attached with each BSOD post

Attachment 30300

If you guys need my system specs I have more of less everything listed out in my profile.

:)

MrQuestionMarks, Aug 9, 2015
  2. tonyc57 Win User

bsod driver_overran_stack_buffer . I cannot fix this error Please help

bsod driver_overran_stack_buffer . I cannot fix this error Please help

tonyc57, Aug 9, 2015
  3. BSOD ntoskrnl, plz help!

Hello, I'm having bsod when I launch benchmark with sisoft sandra.

I got 2 different bsod DRIVER_CORRUPTED_XPOOL and DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER all with the same driver ntoskrnl.

what to do?

i'm using win10 64bit.

thank you

S_Bourghol, Aug 9, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

BSOD on Startup. Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer

Avast has been flagged.
    Code: ffffd000`234dca98 fffff801`2b608950Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\aswNdisFlt.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswNdisFlt.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswNdisFlt.sys aswNdisFlt+0x58950[/quote]
    Uninstall Avast and use native Defender coupled with MalwareBytes.

BSOD on Startup. Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer [​IMG]
    Note Make sure you uncheck the 'Enable Free Trial' box when installing.

It may also be worth updating your VIA Labs USB 3.0 controller driver. Check here for an updated version.
    Code: 2: kd> lmvm ViaHub3 start end module name fffff801`2e3b0000 fffff801`2e3ee000 ViaHub3 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: ViaHub3.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\ViaHub3.sys Image name: ViaHub3.sys Timestamp: Mon Jan 20 02:19:17 2014 (52DC87A5) CheckSum: 000456C6 ImageSize: 0003E000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

Boozad, Aug 9, 2015
  5. [/quote]
    Uninstall Avast and use native Defender coupled with MalwareBytes.

Note Make sure you uncheck the 'Enable Free Trial' box when installing.

It may also be worth updating your VIA Labs USB 3.0 controller driver. Check here for an updated version.
    Code: 2: kd> lmvm ViaHub3 start end module name fffff801`2e3b0000 fffff801`2e3ee000 ViaHub3 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: ViaHub3.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\ViaHub3.sys Image name: ViaHub3.sys Timestamp: Mon Jan 20 02:19:17 2014 (52DC87A5) CheckSum: 000456C6 ImageSize: 0003E000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Hey thanks Boozad. The issue with Avast, should I uninstall & reinstall it, and then uninstall MalwareBytes? As a user I prefer having Avast over MalwareBytes. I'm also updating my drives for the VIA USB 3.0 Hub.

As a side note, I went out for the day. Then, when I came back & booted my PC I didn't receive a BSOD this time.

MrQuestionMarks, Aug 10, 2015
  6. Boozad Win User
    My advice would be to ditch Avast completely and use built in Defender, use MalwareBytes on demand. This method has worked for hundreds if not thousands of people in the past when Avast has caused BSODs.

Boozad, Aug 10, 2015
  7. Thanks again Boozad! I'll take your advise with avast. Other than that I'd say this has been solved! Again, many thanks.

MrQuestionMarks, Aug 10, 2015
  8. Boozad Win User

You're more than welcome *Smile

Boozad, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD on Startup. Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer - Similar Threads - BSOD Startup Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer

2. driver_overran_stack_buffer BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    driver_overran_stack_buffer BSOD: I've been experiencing quite a few BSOD as of late, and cannot seem to pinpoint the issue. The computer will crash to the blue screen at seemingly random times. Sometimes it will crash while idle after 5 min of boot time, sometimes it crashes after 30-60 min of gaming. The...
  3. driver_overran_stack_buffer BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    driver_overran_stack_buffer BSOD: I've been experiencing quite a few BSOD as of late, and cannot seem to pinpoint the issue. The computer will crash to the blue screen at seemingly random times. Sometimes it will crash while idle after 5 min of boot time, sometimes it crashes after 30-60 min of gaming. The...
  4. driver_overran_stack_buffer BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER: DMP File:https://1drv.ms/u/s!At7yn_S8-Yrfs0gvGlNrW-Exaad6?e=UOr6gn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-driveroverranstackbuffer/124ee9c5-1172-48c8-b45c-e6e9fd81253d
  6. BSOD DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER: DMP File:https://1drv.ms/u/s!At7yn_S8-Yrfs0gvGlNrW-Exaad6?e=UOr6gn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-driveroverranstackbuffer/124ee9c5-1172-48c8-b45c-e6e9fd81253d
  7. freezing and DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER BSOD while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    freezing and DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER BSOD while gaming: hello I had random PC freezing while gaming usually happens every week. Today I had a BSOD while playing heroes of the storm. dm_log_collector file is attached thank you in advance 40774
  8. BSOD Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer

BSOD Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer: Recently, I have a BSOD Driver Overran Stack Buffer while playing game. Here is the attached file Attachment 37234 I have in minidump folder for each BSOD. I need help to figure out which problems my computer has pls. My system specs: - Mainboard MSI B85M-E45 - Intel Core...
  9. BSOD DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

BSOD DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Hello, I've been having fairly regular BSODs ever since I installed Windows 10 about 4-5 months ago. Initially I thought it was my sound card causing the issue, and after buying a new one the problem seemed to go away for a few weeks, but now it's returned and I can't...
  10. BSOD - Driver_Corrupted_Expool & Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer

BSOD - Driver_Corrupted_Expool & Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer: Hello, I've been getting a few different BSOD since I've started to do 3D rendering using 3DS MAX. Most common errors are DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL & DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER. Here are 6 recent dump files I've uploaded, can anyone please help me identify the problem....