Windows 10: BSOD on startup, error Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (storahci.sys)

Discus and support BSOD on startup, error Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (storahci.sys) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am having BSOD issues with my computer on startup: below is my zip file attachment: Attachment 32190 I recently made a few changes to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by petrolstatus4, Aug 17, 2015.

1. BSOD on startup, error Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (storahci.sys)

Hi, I am having BSOD issues with my computer on startup: below is my zip file attachment:

Attachment 32190

I recently made a few changes to my (previously stable computer). They were the following:

• Installing an extra 4GB of RAM (for a total of 8GB)
    • Replacing my previous hard drive with an SSD (a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB)
    • Installing a fresh copy of Windows 7 and then upgrading to Windows 10

However, once these changes had been completed I would previously receive about 3-4 BSoDs daily, sometimes on startup and sometimes at a seemingly random point while using the computer.

I tried a variety of things to fix the problem (including running Memtest to check my new RAM was ok). I eventually thought I had solved the issue - my motherboard (an ASUS M4A78LT-M) had the SATA port configured where the SSD was to be in IDE-mode, rather than AHCI (which was the setting recommended by the Samsung Magician SSD software). I changed this setting, resulting in a crash as I don't think the correct AHCI drivers were installed. I eventually got the drivers by reinstalling windows, and everything seemed to be working fine (about 2 days without a single crash) until this morning, where I received a BSoD with the error 'Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (storahci.sys)'. The upon reboot this error occurred again, and the third time windows did some 'repairing' and started ok.

(Here is the below view of the samsung magician software for reference. I am aware the drive is not plugged into the optimal port, but this is all my Motherboard has).
    Attachment 32193

This crash on startup suggests the issue wasn't as fixed as I hoped it had been. I still haven't received any BSoD while using my PC (which when I did would usually have the error 'UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION') but I will post an update if this does happen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Let me know if you want any more info, this is my first time posting on this forum so sorry if I forget to include anything!

:)

petrolstatus4, Aug 17, 2015

2. Periodic Blue Screen Of Death

Just this morning I had two BSOD events.

The first one happened before Windows started loading while the motherboard BIOS were still on-screen.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Then the PC restarted itself and got past BIOS and started loading windows and then BSOD appeared again.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL what failed storahci.sys

And then it restarted and booted up just fine. There are no new minidumps and there is no new MEMORY.dump file.

AnthonyGDI, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(storahci.sys)

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

A driver tried to access an address that is completely invalid while the IRQL was too high. This bug check is usually caused by drivers that have used improper addresses.

1) Is your computer connected to a Home or Domain Network?

If you haven’t tried then I would suggest you to try the steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to update the BIOS and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/bios-faq#1TC=windows-7

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

I also recommend you to install the all latest updates for all drivers and check if it helps.

Please reply to us with the more information.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 17, 2015
  4. Ratbone Win User

BSOD on startup, error Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (storahci.sys)

hi petrolstatus4: I have loads of issues post upgrade from windows 7 Ultimate and I also got the Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD.

. The solution was twofold;

Download the Windows 10 ISO and perform a clean build of windows 10. Skip requests for the product key, because as soon as you log in with your Microsoft account the Windows activation will be automatic.

initially avoid connecting any non essential peripherals especially if no new drivers have been released for windows 10 by the vendors. My problem was triggered by my MIMO USB monitor's DisplayLink Windows 10 Driver.

once you have a clean build with only essential devices installed and updated with the latest drivers clear the Event Log (A Batch script I created for the job is attached as a .txt file rename to .bat. Run As Administrator to use) take an backup of the drive using windows 7 backup & Restore Create System Image.

This will allow you to recover the clean build quickly and easily.

run the system for a day or so to make sure all is ok with the build. If the system stays stable start adding peripherals one at a time. and re-assess.
    I have done this and reduced my errors to near zero and have a stable system.

Expect some known Windows 10 errors on shutdown related to the service control manager. I have not found a solution for that yet.

Ratbone, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

BSOD on startup, error Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (storahci.sys)

1. BSOD on startup, error Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (storahci.sys) - Similar Threads - BSOD startup error

2. driver_irql_not_less_or_equal wdf01000.sys BSOD ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    driver_irql_not_less_or_equal wdf01000.sys BSOD ??: I have been experiencing this issue constantly, its starting to be multiple times a day and im unsure how i can fix this.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driverirqlnotlessorequal-wdf01000sys-bsod/af9be678-2d61-4903-8d08-84d03488bd3b
  3. driver_irql_not_less_or_equal wdf01000.sys BSOD ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    driver_irql_not_less_or_equal wdf01000.sys BSOD ??: I have been experiencing this issue constantly, its starting to be multiple times a day and im unsure how i can fix this.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driverirqlnotlessorequal-wdf01000sys-bsod/af9be678-2d61-4903-8d08-84d03488bd3b
  4. BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal wdf01000.sys

BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal wdf01000.sys: Hello, so a few days ago I got this BSOD screen. At first I thought that it had something to do with my gpu drivers. But after I uninstalled my GPU driver using DDU and installed the latest version of my GPU driver, I got the BSOD video tdr failure nvlddmkm.sys Can anyone...
  5. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - CH341S64.SYS BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - CH341S64.SYS BSOD: Hello,So the last couple of weeks I've been getting bluescreens related to my arduino. They happen at random. I've tried reinstalling the latest drivers and changing usb ports. I also can't think of any program or driver I've installed that could interfere with it.Driver...
  6. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - CH341S64.SYS BSOD

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - CH341S64.SYS BSOD: Hello,So the last couple of weeks I've been getting bluescreens related to my arduino. They happen at random. I've tried reinstalling the latest drivers and changing usb ports. I also can't think of any program or driver I've installed that could interfere with it.Driver...
  7. BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL L1C63x64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL L1C63x64.sys: Hi, since a month or two I'm getting this BSOD while streaming with OBS https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Rah2ipKpSC85ao5wmyxu3I6peK5DOhyj DMP File...
  8. BSOD L1C63x64.sys / Driver_IRQL_Not_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD L1C63x64.sys / Driver_IRQL_Not_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello, recently i have been having some blue screens usualy while streaming, usualy after 1 hour passed but not always, sometimes it last 3 hours some times less than 1 tried stressing the processor but it didnt made a blue screen. Someone have any idea? I attach the BSOD...
  9. BSOD Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL L1C63x64.sys

BSOD Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL L1C63x64.sys: Hello So for the past couple of months I've been using my work phone to tether for my internet and no problems. I have to give it back soon so I'm back to using Comcast (shudder) which means I'm back to using my ethernet which is when all this started happening. I've...
  10. BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (L1C62x64.sys)

BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (L1C62x64.sys): hello i have a driver problem and its pointing to L1C62x64.sys the driver from the qualcomm atheros AR8171/8175 PCI-E gigabit Ethernet Controller (ndis 6.20) but i dont know how to fix it or if it realy is that driver. before windows 10 my pc was windows 7 home premium....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (storahci.sys) computer wont start