Windows 10: BSOD on startup ntoskrnl.exe / ntfs.sys (MEMORY MANAGEMENT)

Discus and support BSOD on startup ntoskrnl.exe / ntfs.sys (MEMORY MANAGEMENT) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Short story - after installing two new memory sticks these error started happening only when i cold boot my PC. It doesnt happen every time, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by uglyfatandalive, Jun 10, 2017.

1. BSOD on startup ntoskrnl.exe / ntfs.sys (MEMORY MANAGEMENT)

Hi

Short story - after installing two new memory sticks these error started happening only when i cold boot my PC. It doesnt happen every time, it happens randomly. Now for a first time it happened when i was browsing the internet (1 min after the cold boot). Thinks I've tried:

1. Swapping memory poistions
    2. MemTest - 8+ hours - no errors
    3. MemTest+ - 4+ hours - no errors
    4. Windows Memory Diagnostic - no errors
    5. Driver updates and fixes
    6. Registry cleanups and etc.

I haven't tried to reinstall Windows. In my BIOS the settings are set to Auto, voltages and freq. are 1.5-1600 (like the chips say)
    I am attaching the log as guided in the FAQ section.
    If I need to provide anything else feel free to guide me *Smile
    (i havent had this problem with my 2x4GB sticks that I used)

Cheers!

:)

uglyfatandalive, Jun 10, 2017
  2. FDAlv Win User

Various BSOD

I've been experiencing various BSODs and they all seem to be coming from mostly different things, I've been struggling because I'm not sure if it's that the harddrive isn't working properly or if it's something causing all these things to occur. The list
    of the BSODs and their respective causes taken from BlueScreenView are as follows:

1 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - caused by fwpklclnt.sys

1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Caused by USBPORT.SYS

1 KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - win32kfull.sys

3 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - All caused by ntoskrnl.exe

3 SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION - One by NTFS.SYS, another by afd.sys and the last y ntoskrnl.exe

I've also included a link to a folder with all the dmp files Uploads

FDAlv, Jun 10, 2017
  3. Minidump from Driver Verifier for BSOD on startup

Greetings,

I have had this computer for about 6 months and have had these issues since I got it. The main issue is a BSOD during startup, lately it has been caused by: BAD_POOL_HEADER, KERNAL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE - ntoskrnl.exe , ntfs.sys ; SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    - fltmgr.sys ; however historically there have been a variety of other issues described. Outside of the startup BSOD, the computer freezes a few times a week, and the only way out is to force shutdown.

I have spent a ton of time trying to solve this issue. The things I've done include, but are not limited to, updating BIOS, updating all my drivers, checking for disc errors, tried to track the issues down through component services, confirmed there's no
    hardware issues, etc.

I ran the Driver Verifier and posted a link to the minidump files below. Please let me know how to move forward.

Minidump Files URL : https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmsI8Y1S1jLmcyaJprBI3pRxRrQ

Thank you!

___Ryan___, Jun 10, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD on startup ntoskrnl.exe / ntfs.sys (MEMORY MANAGEMENT)

Disable fast startup
    Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

BSOD on startup ntoskrnl.exe / ntfs.sys (MEMORY MANAGEMENT) [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'. After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

5. Thanks for the fast reply.
    I have disabled the fast startup and I will test few cold boots to see if the error persist.
    Just a question - If the same configuration worked flawlessly before why now I should disaable it? Just curious.

I also followed the driver verified tutorial.

Greetings,
    Martin

uglyfatandalive, Jun 11, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    For various reasons fast startup can cause errors over time.

7. For now the BSOD doesnt appear, also no System events that indicate such errors.
    May I leave the thread open few days more - for testing reasons? Then I will mark it as Solved.

uglyfatandalive, Jun 13, 2017
  8. axe0 New Member

That is up to you *Smile

9. for now there arent any bluescreens. my question is - did driver verifier do something in this case or its the fast startup ? tx

uglyfatandalive, Jun 14, 2017
  10. axe0 New Member
    Driver verifier may sometimes help a system to stabilize, in some situations driver verifier can be used for stabilization to boot a system.

11. zbook New Member
    Code: BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8031f7c1909, ffffe6012b13c5a8, ffffe6012b13bde0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for win32k.sys Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] Code: BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8017769dc38, ffff9680be8c24f8, ffff9680be8c1d30} *** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for win32k.sys Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] Code: BugCheck 1A, {6000, ffff8485bb2f1b20, ffffffffc0000225, 0} Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] Code: Filter Manager failed to attach to volume[/quote] Code: Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4.[/quote] Code: Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC0000001.[/quote] Code: Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC0000001.[/quote] Code: Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4.[/quote] Code: Crash dump initialization failed![/quote] Code: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\WPDBUSENUM\_??_USBSTOR#Disk&Ven_KINGSTON&Prod_DataTraveler_3.0&Rev_1.01#60A44C3FACC9AF2040000D0F&0#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}.[/quote] Code: Microsoft-Windows-StartupRepair Startup Repair failed.[/quote] Code: Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC0000001.[/quote] Code: Filter Manager failed to attach to volume '\Device\HarddiskVolume7'. This volume will be unavailable for filtering until a reboot. The final status was 0xC03A001C.[/quote] Code: Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC0000001.[/quote] Code: Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC0000001.[/quote] Code: Filter Manager failed to attach to volume '\Device\HarddiskVolume7'. This volume will be unavailable for filtering until a reboot. The final status was 0xC03A001C[/quote] Code: {Registry Hive Recovered} Registry hive (file): '\??\C:\Users\M\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat' was corrupted and it has been recovered. Some data might have been lost.[/quote] Code: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume G:. The Master File Table (MFT) contains a corrupted file record. The file reference number is 0x100000000002a. The name of the file is "\SW2013_SP0.0_SSQ\SW2013_sp0_x86_Multilanguage.iso\kor_boot.ttf".[/quote] Code: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume G:. The Master File Table (MFT) contains a corrupted file record. The file reference number is 0x100000000002b. The name of the file is "\SW2013_SP0.0_SSQ\SW2013_sp0_x86_Multilanguage.iso\malgunn_boot.ttf".[/quote] Code: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume G:. The Master File Table (MFT) contains a corrupted file record. The file reference number is 0x100000000002c. The name of the file is "\SW2013_SP0.0_SSQ\SW2013_sp0_x86_Multilanguage.iso\malgun_boot.ttf".[/quote] Code: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume G:. The Master File Table (MFT) contains a corrupted file record. The file reference number is 0x100000000002d. The name of the file is "\SW2013_SP0.0_SSQ\SW2013_sp0_x86_Multilanguage.iso\meiryon_boot.ttf".[/quote] Code: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume G:. The Master File Table (MFT) contains a corrupted file record. The file reference number is 0x100000000002e. The name of the file is "\SW2013_SP0.0_SSQ\SW2013_sp0_x86_Multilanguage.iso\meiryo_boot.ttf".[/quote] Code: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume G:. The Master File Table (MFT) contains a corrupted file record. The file reference number is 0x100000000002f. The name of the file is "\SW2013_SP0.0_SSQ\SW2013_sp0_x86_Multilanguage.iso\msjhn_boot.ttf".[/quote] Code: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume G:. The Master File Table (MFT) contains a corrupted file record. The file reference number is 0x1000000000030. The name of the file is "\SW2013_SP0.0_SSQ\SW2013_sp0_x86_Multilanguage.iso\msjh_boot.ttf".[/quote] Code: The file system structure on volume G: cannot be corrected. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume G:.[/quote] Code: The file system structure on volume G: cannot be corrected. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume G:.[/quote]
    1) What was happening that you had attempted a Windows startup repair?
    When the repair failed what did you do?

2) The logs report many times that Windows failed fast startup.
    Please turn off fast startup.
    Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

3) There is corruption on drive G

4) The Master File Table (MFT) contains multiple corrupted file records.

5) Back up all of your files if they have not yet been backed up.

5) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    chkdsk /x /f /r

6) Check all of your drives with either HD Sentinel, Crystal Disk, or HD Tune using SMART and post images into the thread of the images and the data.

7) Check all of your drives with Sea Tools for Windows using SMART, short, and long generics

http://www.seagate.com/support/downl...ls-win-master/
    How to use SeaTools for Windows
    CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
    HD Tune website
    Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring

zbook, Jun 15, 2017
  12. Hey, zbook! Thanks for the reply!

1. Drive G: was a removable drive plugged in that time in my computer - an old and corrupted flash disk that I already threw in the trash*Smile
    2. I am attaching 3 logs from seatools, no errors and one screenshot with warning from CrystalDisk Info

One of my drives, The MAXTOR 320GB (disk volume E) is really old - around 10 years, so I am expecting to have some troubles with it. It even clicks from time to time. When I am ready to say goodbye I will threw it too*Smile

Disabling fast startup for now seems to fixed the problem.

Thanks again

PS: I ran chkdsk (for a second time btw) - everything seems ok.

uglyfatandalive, Jun 16, 2017
  13. axe0 New Member

Could you run following tests on all drives please.
    If you already ran a test on a drive, please skip it.
    In the case of chkdsk we would like to have a log *Smile

Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST
    *Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

*Arrow Run SeaTools DOS to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Run the long test.
    *Arrow Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Use option TWO with parameter /r
    Upload the chkdsk log *Arrow Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log - Windows 7 Help Forums

14. Hey. I've been busy and I will run chkdsks on all drives a bit later. I ran only on C: and it showed no errors but I will post logs a bit later.
    For now here are screenshots from HDTune. I know my Maxtor is problematic*Smile

Attachment 140048Attachment 140049Attachment 140050Attachment 140051Attachment 140052

uglyfatandalive, Jun 17, 2017
  15. axe0 New Member
    If possible, could you please disconnect the Maxtor drive while troubleshooting the issue *Smile

Thema:

1. BSOD on startup ntoskrnl.exe / ntfs.sys (MEMORY MANAGEMENT) - Similar Threads - BSOD startup ntoskrnl

2. BSOD - "Video Memory Managment Internal" - dxgmms2.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - "Video Memory Managment Internal" - dxgmms2.sys: Good Afternoon everyoneI just got a BSOD- error code: Video memory management internal. Dump files indicates an issue with the program "dxgmms2.sys"Dmp file:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y6GPQ51yz-3YtDgmxLXPPROoqLFqG88v/view-I have all the latest GPU drivers installed...
  3. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  4. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: Hi there, My new machine around 8 months old now runs perfectly most of the time. Uptime 3 - 6 weeks at a time. NO issues at all - I am a heavy PC user: Gaming, Audio Work and some 3D modelling, so my machine goes through its paces.Every now and then on boot, I get the error...
  5. Memory Management BSOD on Startup

Memory Management BSOD on Startup: I've got a PC here running Windows 10 Pro (20H2 - OS Build 19042.685). The first time it's started after being off for a while results in it booting up then restarting followed by a BSOD saying it was caused by Memory Management. It then restarts as normal and there are no...
  6. Windows 10 Memory Management BSOD on Startup

Windows 10 Memory Management BSOD on Startup: Hello! I just recently built a new PC and I've occasionally been getting the memory management BSOD when I press the power button and the computer attempts startup. It usually gets to the login screen for a second if it does BSOD. I've run memory diagnostic and nothing shows...
  7. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  8. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  9. ntoskrnl memory leak

ntoskrnl memory leak: Hey guys. I've recently been noticing a lot of memory being used by my system. Last night I restarted it and turned the monitor off. Cpu usage was right around 5% and memory was only 2.5 gb out of 8gb. This morning I woke up and cpu usage was at 20% and ram usage at 70%. I...
  10. ntoskrnl memory leak

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ntoskrnl memory leak: Hey guys. I've recently been noticing a lot of memory being used by my system. Last night I restarted it and turned the monitor off. Cpu usage was right around 5% and memory was only 2.5 gb out of 8gb. This morning I woke up and cpu usage was at 20% and ram usage at 70%. I...