Windows 10: BSOD on startup, operates fine after reboot

Discus and support BSOD on startup, operates fine after reboot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am having issues with a home built pc that I have not been able to resolve on my own. BSOD happens on startup almost every time. PC bsod then reboots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bon3fish, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Bon3fish Win User

BSOD on startup, operates fine after reboot

I am having issues with a home built pc that I have not been able to resolve on my own. BSOD happens on startup almost every time. PC bsod then reboots and operates normally. Any information you can provide regarding what is causing this and steps to resolve is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

:)

Bon3fish, Aug 8, 2016
  2. Ivan_1001 Win User

Lenovo Yoga 12 Windows 10 BSOD after Synaptic driver installed

Hi,

I am able to go to safe mode only with advanced repairing options>startup options...

In Safe mode seems that everything working fine... touch pad is fully functional.

I`m try to set clean boot in Safe mode and windows still reboots with BSOD.

First i did clean install of windows 10 pro created with Mediacreationtoolx64.

Then i check for updates and windows install all updates.

After reboot all devices works ok... synaptics pointing device is working with all his features...

Then i did another reboot and then i get BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED > reboot

then:

- BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED > reboot

- BSOD PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR > reboot

- BSOD PAGING_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (win32kbase.sys) >reboot

- advanced repair opt. > safe mode

- it boot in Safe mode and everything works fine, touch pad fully works > reboot

- boot in normal mode, everything works fine, touch pad fully works > reboot

- advanced repair opt. > safe mode , all works fine

- setup clean boot > reboot

- uninstall Synaptics app and driver > reboot

- boot in normal mode is ok now but there is no touchpad at all

- update pointing device drviver from device manager > reboot

- uninstall Synaptics app and driver > reboot

- boot in normal mode - touchpad works with base windows driver (not fully functional but works like after clean installation of Windows 10) > reboot

- normal boot ok again > disable clean boot (restore to normal) > reboot

- boot normal, everything is fine (touchpad works with windows base driver) > reboot

- boot normal, everything is fine (touchpad works with windows base driver) > reboot

..... and again and again... boot normal...

i try to clean install windows... disable automatic update in gpedit.msc, use wushowhide to hide synaptics driver hrom update, check and install all other updates, and windows works fine (except pointing device, is not fully functional)

same issues i face with Synaptics driver from Lenovo support page... there is driver ver. 19.0.12. 61 7/9/2015 for windows 10...

Sorry for long post but it`s obvious that there is a problem with pointing device driver.

It`s very annoying...

The laptop is Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 12 20DK001XCX

Please help

Ivan_1001, Aug 8, 2016
  3. JohnS_555 Win User
    Windows 10 Pro ver. 1709 now crashes with a BSOD when waking from S3 sleep mode.

Waking from the S1 mode works fine. After the BSOD, the system automatically reboots and operates normally. This just started withing the last few weeks. I am now forced to perform a full shutdown every night. sfc /scannow & DISM indicate that the system
    files are fine. A search on the Internet shows that I am not alone. Any clues as to which update is causing this? Thanks.

JohnS_555, Aug 8, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Bon3fish,

See if disabling fast startup helps *Smile

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html
    Code: Event[15829]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Boot Date: 2016-08-08T16:49:35.623 Event ID: 29 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Donna-PC Description: Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC0000001.[/quote]

axe0, Aug 8, 2016
  5. Bon3fish Win User
    I made this change 2 days ago and have not had a BSOD since. Thank you so much for solving this for me. You are the best.

Bon3fish, Aug 11, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    You're welcome *Smile

Glad I could help.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD on startup, operates fine after reboot - Similar Threads - BSOD startup operates

2. Blue Screen on Cold Startup; Fine After Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen on Cold Startup; Fine After Restart: Hello,after windows 11 installation, after couple of weeks im experiencing the blue screen issue whenever i open my pc for the first time within a day.After restart its working fine.I run windows memory check and it was fine.What is causing this issue?...
  3. Blue Screen on Cold Startup; Fine After Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen on Cold Startup; Fine After Restart: Hello,after windows 11 installation, after couple of weeks im experiencing the blue screen issue whenever i open my pc for the first time within a day.After restart its working fine.I run windows memory check and it was fine.What is causing this issue?...
  4. Blue Screen on Cold Startup; Fine After Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen on Cold Startup; Fine After Restart: Our church has had the following computer for a bit over a year now:https://www.newegg.com/abs-computer-technologies-ala196/p/N82E16883102947We use it to run our livestream. It runs a worship software called Easy Worship as well as vMix and a PTZ camera controller application...
  5. Blue Screen on Startup; Fine After Restart

Blue Screen on Startup; Fine After Restart: I am the tech guru at my local church, but unfortunately hardware issues are not my particular forte. Our main computer that we use for running the in-house PowerPoint as well as the broadcasted live stream has been having a problem for several months. Basically, each week it...
  6. Missing operating system after rebooting

Missing operating system after rebooting: Windows 10 was acting uggiah, so i hit reatart, during restart, it said something went wrong and we are collecting data, now i get missing opperating system. This was an esucational version i downloaded from my university so it has no repair dvd. What do i need to do? Bios...
  7. BSOD after startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD after startup: So I was messing with msconfig and ended up setting my maximum ram to 250. This caused BSOD right after startup each time. Booting into safe mode didnt work. Resetting the system also didnt work. Is there any possible way to reset the msconfig settings? Prefer not to loose...
  8. Multiple BSOD after startup

Multiple BSOD after startup: Hello, I've had problems with BSOD for years now and decided to get myself a new GPU for Christmas as the old one was the reason for most of my crashes. After I installed the new one the amount of BSOD decreased but I'm still having them on startup and now I can also get...
  9. BSOD on startup, successful startup after reboot

BSOD on startup, successful startup after reboot: Hi, I've been having this issue with Windows 10. Ever since I upgrade to Windows 10 my laptop would crash every time it tried to resume from sleep. Also recently every time I boot the laptop it crashed with error: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE and reboot which then takes me to...
  10. BSOD once a day, then fine after reboot

BSOD once a day, then fine after reboot: Hey I'm getting a BSOD once a day or every time my computer has been turned off for longer than just a reboot. When the computer reboots after the BSOD it runs just fine with no incidents until the next time its turned off for a bit. IIRC it started after x version...