Windows 10: BSOD on startup

Discus and support BSOD on startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. Pulling my hair out on this one. Getting a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on BSOD. The computer was updated a while ago to Windows 10 and has been used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by snplman, May 5, 2016.

1. snplman Win User

BSOD on startup

Hi.
    Pulling my hair out on this one. Getting a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on BSOD. The computer was updated a while ago to Windows 10 and has been used for quite a while with it. I saw some threads about the Intel iastor.sys, but it appears that the computer was setup with the RAID controller even though I am not in a RAID configuration so it is using iastorA.sys

BTW, a few weeks ago, I got into an automataic startup repair loop. I was able to get out of it by disabling early malware protection and unistalling Norton. I have NOT reinstalled. I did however run a malwarebytes scan in safe mode with showed no infections.

I am able to access the system using safe mode so my assumption is that it is a driver problem.

Thanks.

Erik

:)

snplman, May 5, 2016
  2. JShortNIT Win User

Getting continuous BSOD's on startup

Original Title: Windows 10 BSOD

I get continuous BSOD's on startup and on occasion the BSOD will happen after boot sometime. I have included a link to a zip file containing a minidump, memorydump and system info. Please help!

JShortNIT, May 5, 2016
  3. Syed N Win User
    BSOD at startup

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

• Is the computer now booting to the desktop?
    • Do you have any external devices connected?
    Disconnect any non-essential external devices connected to the computer and restart the computer.

Update the computer with the latest drivers by logging in to the manufacturer website.

Do let us know about the status. Thank you.

Syed N, May 5, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD on startup

Hi snplman,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

The crashes are caused by an outdated Logitech driver, I suggest that you update all device drivers from logitech.
    Driver Reference Table - lvuvc64.sys
    Code: 4: kd> lmvm lvuvc64 Browse full module list start end module name fffff800`271d0000 fffff800`27657d80 lvuvc64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: lvuvc64.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\lvuvc64.sys Image name: lvuvc64.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Tue Oct 23 04:12:08 2012 (5085FCF8) CheckSum: 004912C7 ImageSize: 00487D80 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

axe0, May 5, 2016
  5. snplman Win User
    Axe0,

Thanks. That was it. Strange how a camera that has been plugged in from the very beginning all of the sudden caused that to happen. I don't use it anymore, so I just uninstalled the driver.

Thanks.

Erik

snplman, May 6, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Really strange isn't it, after a while the driver would've caused more and more problems due to the changes how the OS works and no updates for the driver.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD on startup

1. BSOD on startup - Similar Threads - BSOD startup

2. BSOD on first time startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on first time startup: Hello! Currently, I am having an issues withh blue screening when the computer first boots, or when the computer is idle for a very long time with varying stopcodes. I am currently on a custom PC build and the windows build version is 22631.3447. The OneDrive link I will be...
  3. BSOD on first time startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on first time startup: Hello! Currently, I am having an issues withh blue screening when the computer first boots, or when the computer is idle for a very long time with varying stopcodes. I am currently on a custom PC build and the windows build version is 22631.3447. The OneDrive link I will be...
  4. Rdyboost bsod on startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rdyboost bsod on startup?: Hi there!I've had troubles with my windows in recent times, as it can happen on startup that I incur in a bsod with "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" or "UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION" errors.I've already checked all the drivers and updates on an interesting note, I've done a rollback on...
  5. Rdyboost bsod on startup?

Rdyboost bsod on startup?: Hi there!I've had troubles with my windows in recent times, as it can happen on startup that I incur in a bsod with "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" or "UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION" errors.I've already checked all the drivers and updates on an interesting note, I've done a rollback on...
  6. Consistent BSOD on fresh startup

Consistent BSOD on fresh startup: As the title says I've been getting regular BSOD on my desktop especially on fresh startup. It will crash around 3 to 4 times before it will actually stabilize. From the event viewer errors that I've pasted and searched in google it says it might be video drivers but I've...
  7. Consistent BSOD on fresh startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Consistent BSOD on fresh startup: As the title says I've been getting regular BSOD on my desktop especially on fresh startup. It will crash around 3 to 4 times before it will actually stabilize. From the event viewer errors that I've pasted and searched in google it says it might be video drivers but I've...
  8. BSOD at every startup with different stopcodes each time on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD at every startup with different stopcodes each time on Windows 11: Hi everyone,I really need help with my recent PC. I have had this PC for not even 6-8 months and has always been running very smoothly, custom built by topachat in France, with all drivers and windows always being up to date. Was mainly using it for making games and playing...
  9. BSOD at every startup with different stopcodes each time on Windows 11

BSOD at every startup with different stopcodes each time on Windows 11: Hi everyone,I really need help with my recent PC. I have had this PC for not even 6-8 months and has always been running very smoothly, custom built by topachat in France, with all drivers and windows always being up to date. Was mainly using it for making games and playing...
  10. Sudden BSOD on every startup PC is 2 year old - DPC watchdog violation

Sudden BSOD on every startup PC is 2 year old - DPC watchdog violation: Hello, I am getting bsod suddenly after approximately 2 years of using my computer, the error code is DPC_Watchdog_Violation, this happens on startup before I even see my desktop screen and the only way to log in os in safe mode. Can you help me find the root cause and solve...