Windows 10: BSOD on win10 (also 7) Multiple / day clean installs

Discus and support BSOD on win10 (also 7) Multiple / day clean installs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Getting BSOD on Win7, Win10 both while gaming. replaced graphics card (twice) 2 different cards. ntoskrnl.exe was one I recall. Maybe causing memory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AngryOne, Dec 27, 2015.

1. AngryOne Win User

BSOD on win10 (also 7) Multiple / day clean installs

Getting BSOD on Win7, Win10 both while gaming. replaced graphics card (twice) 2 different cards. ntoskrnl.exe was one I recall. Maybe causing memory corruption now. Typically only occurs using ArchAge Game. reinstalled game a few times as well. reinstalled windows 7 4 times, then upgraded to 10

Dropbox - STACY-PC-Mon_12_28_2015__51036_22.zip Requested files here. Also stressing card using Heaven for 8 hours caused no troubles at all. Prime 95 ran a 2-3 hours with no troubles also. Any other feedback greatly appreciated.

Edit: Neglected to mention have swapped drives as well from standard 1tb hd to SSD as well. Also replaced thermal paste on prior GTX 960 before replacing with current card. Temps seem okay at ~56c Any further info please request and happy to provide.

:)

AngryOne, Dec 27, 2015

2. BSOD keeps happening - i have a DMP file

Hello,

Ever since I installed Windows 10, I've been getting multiple BSODs per day. I upgraded from Windows 8.1 and since then I have performed a clean install. The BSODs still happen, despite the clean install.

I have the DMP files from the minidump folder already compressed into a ZIP file. I'm not sure how to give this file to you.

Thanks,

Sydney

SydneyLeite, Dec 27, 2015
  3. I think im being scammed by www.****.com

Thanks Ken.. I did a clean install of win10 shortly after I realized "Rose" was scamming me... Now I'm just tryin to work out some BSOD's. I don't use my pc for banking purposes, except for an online purchase which is rare... Also, the only thing they
    could have keylogged would have be my original post in this thread..... aand furthermore, my bank conveniently forced me into getting a new chipped card the next day.. So.. now my issue is simply configuring my machine to run optimally on the clean install
    of win10..

DKflip1981, Dec 27, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

For pre-caution.
    Please check MSI for BIOS updates.
    MSI Global

Please update your Realtek ethernet driver
    Driver Reference Table - rt640x64.sys
    Code: ffffd000`24777228 fffff800`e16c8c4cUnable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rt640x64.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rt640x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rt640x64.sys rt640x64+0x18c4c 2: kd> lmvm rt640x64 start end module name fffff800`e16b0000 fffff800`e1744000 rt640x64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: rt640x64.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rt640x64.sys Image name: rt640x64.sys Timestamp: Wed Oct 07 17:03:55 2015 (5615345B) CheckSum: 0009543E ImageSize: 00094000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]
    Please uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from Nvidia. Be sure the clean install box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver.
    Attachment 55923
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys 2: kd> lmvm atikmdag start end module name fffff800`e18e0000 fffff800`e2def000 atikmdag (deferred) Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys Image name: atikmdag.sys Timestamp: Wed Nov 04 22:39:32 2015 (563A7B14) CheckSum: 014AB74E ImageSize: 0150F000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

BSOD on win10 (also 7) Multiple / day clean installs [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

5. AngryOne Win User
    Thank you for the quick tutorial. I'm updating all drivers now and will run memtest overnight as instructed and post results in the morning.

AngryOne, Dec 29, 2015
  6. AngryOne Win User
    First and foremost thank you, Very very much for the help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1hl2q3v7o9ndom/20151230_075505-1.jpg?dl=0 memtest86 results.

Another crash last night sadly :S
    Removed ALL drivers using ddu in safemode disabled windows driver finding with it as well. Then reinstalled using latest Amd Radeon drivers (The nvidia drivers were for a gtx960 that I thought was causing the bsod's)

From WhoCrashed:
    On Wed 12/30/2015 3:20:19 AM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\122915-8312-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0xFFFFD00098153B30, 0xFFFFD0009B6F5EE0, 0xFFFFF80085169890)
    Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 12/30/2015 3:20:19 AM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0xFFFFD00098153B30, 0xFFFFD0009B6F5EE0, 0xFFFFF80085169890)
    Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Re-Ran to collect newest logs after changes as well.

AngryOne, Dec 29, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    Please run DDU again, remove everything of AMD but ONLY install the drivers using custom/advanced installation.
    A driver known for causing bluescreens has been installed again on your system.
    Code: Event[2885]: Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 2015-12-29T20:12:13.777 Event ID: 7045 Task: N/A Level: Information Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Stacy-PC Description: A service was installed in the system. Service Name: AODDriver4.3 Service File Name: C:\Program Files\AMD\ATI.ACE\Fuel\amd64\AODDriver2.sys Service Type: kernel mode driver Service Start Type: auto start Service Account:[/quote]

8. AngryOne Win User

Ok reinstalled with only HDMI Audio and Same driver version and no other options. That being said without Catalyst control panel the screen is not showing about 1/5 of what it should. Any harm in installing CCC to under-scan?

AngryOne, Dec 30, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    Let's hope there isn't any harm with CCC installed.

10. AngryOne Win User
    I checked coretemp @ time of crash thinking MAYBE an overheating issue but 51c under load hardly seemed too hot for graphics card.
    Below seems to point at DX. Going to check upgrade on there JUST to cover my rear as it was AMD that installed DX on this system.

AngryOne, Dec 30, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    DirectX refers to the display drivers what usually means the graphics card drivers.
    The DirectX driver is a Windows driver, what means that you get new version through Windows Update.

12. AngryOne Win User
    axe0 I'd like to thank you for the help! I went ahead reinstalled windows 7 just to see if it fixes the issues. Would it help you out in any way/shape/form if I marked this as solved? Going to see how win7 treats with HD wipe. Just some troubles getting sound drivers to work so far. but no gaming so no forced crashes yet.

AngryOne, Dec 30, 2015
  13. axe0 New Member

If it would help you out, then I would mark this thread solved.

14. AngryOne Win User
    Reinstalled 7, disabled windows driver update and installed only recommended per this thread so yes sir it has helped *Smile

AngryOne, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD on win10 (also 7) Multiple / day clean installs - Similar Threads - BSOD win10 Multiple

2. Multiple BSODs a day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSODs a day: Ive done everything most websites to do SFC /*insert commands*, update drivers, change ram sticks tho i havent put in the old one but i doubt having 32gbs of ram is gonna change the issue very much and i dont know what else to do other than maybe update my bios or just start...
  3. Multiple BSODs a day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSODs a day: Ive done everything most websites to do SFC /*insert commands*, update drivers, change ram sticks tho i havent put in the old one but i doubt having 32gbs of ram is gonna change the issue very much and i dont know what else to do other than maybe update my bios or just start...
  4. Multiple BSODs a day, Google chrome also hard to browse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSODs a day, Google chrome also hard to browse: Hi, I recently had a computer built for me. It was working fine for a few weeks and then problem after problem occured with a variety of bluescreen errors and crashes. Any help would be greatly appreciated since I also use this for work currently and it's almost unusable for...
  5. Multiple BSOD a day

Multiple BSOD a day: I was having trouble with one BSOD and so I replaced the motherboard, gpu, cpu, and ram 6 days ago. I also did a clean install of windows 10 and everything was working normally until I got another BSOD with the code apc index mismatch, then I got system service exception, and...
  6. Multiple BSOD a day

Multiple BSOD a day: Hello, I have built my first pc and I have had some problems but mostly have solved them, but throughout this entirety I have been plagued by BSOD. This honestly has been a real reason on why I don't really use my new desktop. Most of the time the codes read...
  7. Random Multiple Daily BSOD 4 days after Win10 Install

Random Multiple Daily BSOD 4 days after Win10 Install: Everything was running smooth. No issues, loving Win 10. Then, the first BSOD came 2 days ago followed by a random BSOD now every 1-3 hours. I have uninstalled many programs attempting to get to as clean of an install as possible but to uninstall any more is more work than a...
  8. BSOD off clean install of Win10

BSOD off clean install of Win10: After installing windows 10, I am unable to get past the option select screen for timezone/keyboard languages and such without a critical process failure/bsod. Often times I will not even get that far, and it will simply crash the moment it boots. I have already attempted...
  9. Multiple BSODs since clean install

Multiple BSODs since clean install: Hey, I'm spent, hopefully the experts can help *Smile I did a clean install of Windows 10 a few days ago since I was BSODing like crazy, but they're still happening. I'm not well versed in reading the dumps or crash logs. BlueScreenView tells me that all BSODs are...
  10. Multiple BSOD after clean install

Multiple BSOD after clean install: Good afternoon, I started having a few BSOD crashes last month and after exhaustive attempts to solve this issue myself with no progress I did a clean install of windows 10. The issue remains, however, it is less frequent now. Attachment 86921 54464