Windows 10: BSOD on wow launch

Discus and support BSOD on wow launch in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; immediate bsod on wow launch, just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and this problem has followed me, there's some extra info at BSOD on wow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by smefan, Aug 22, 2018.

1. smefan Win User

BSOD on wow launch

immediate bsod on wow launch, just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and this problem has followed me, there's some extra info at BSOD on wow launch - Windows 7 Help Forums

computer:
    Windows 10 home edition
    2 AMD Opteron 4386
    nvidia geforce 1060
    32 GB memory

:)

smefan, Aug 22, 2018
  2. Dude Win User

BSOD while playing WOW or watching streaming video

With help from @axe0 it appear you Daemon Tools installed

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.

Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

• Uninstall Daemon Tools
    • Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

BSOD on wow launch [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

3. Ripper3 Win User
    Bsod

Wow, I took too long to type, so I didn't see the other suggestions.
    But for one thing, I just rememnber that there was a thread about 8800 BSODs and a fix.
    IIRC thread by d44ve, I'll have a look.

Ripper3, Aug 22, 2018
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

BSOD on wow launch

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

BSOD on wow launch

1. BSOD on wow launch - Similar Threads - BSOD wow launch

2. WOW!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WOW!: Did you know that if you go toC:\WindowsThen go tothe cursors folder then you see an svg file of that cursor?Heres an example.Pretty cool huh? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wow/0c7f8c10-0f0e-4841-9e03-939e998c745a
  3. WOW!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WOW!: Did you know that if you go toC:\WindowsThen go tothe cursors folder then you see an svg file of that cursor?Heres an example.Pretty cool huh? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wow/0c7f8c10-0f0e-4841-9e03-939e998c745a
  4. Wow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wow: Windows really is having issues with getting rid of the notifications. I'm getting kind of impatient bc I want to get back on my computer soon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wow/0bfd372b-973b-4bc8-a1a6-2f2211779a20
  5. Wow

Wow: Windows really is having issues with getting rid of the notifications. I'm getting kind of impatient bc I want to get back on my computer soon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wow/0bfd372b-973b-4bc8-a1a6-2f2211779a20
  6. Wow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. BSOD when playing WoW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when playing WoW: While playing World of Warcraft on my ASUS TUF A15 Gaming laptop, the game will lock up for a moment and then suddenly flip to the BSOD and restart. Sometimes it happens right away while playing, other times it will happen after an hour into my playing. Sometimes it will...
  8. BSOD when playing WoW

BSOD when playing WoW: While playing World of Warcraft on my ASUS TUF A15 Gaming laptop, the game will lock up for a moment and then suddenly flip to the BSOD and restart. Sometimes it happens right away while playing, other times it will happen after an hour into my playing. Sometimes it will...
  9. BSOD on wow launch (windows 7)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on wow launch (windows 7): I can launch anything else through the battle.net client / steam, but launching wow instantly causes bsod; went through blizzard tech support to no avail. computer: Windows 7 ultimate x64 2 AMD Opteron 4386 nvidia geforce 1060 32 GB memory 116063
  10. BSOD Playing WOW, IRQL_LESS_OR_EQUAL error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Playing WOW, IRQL_LESS_OR_EQUAL error: I've updated some sound drivers which I thought might have been the issue. Uninstalled a few things. But it keeps happening. Let me know what you guys think. Thank you in advance. -Lyth 56184