Windows 10: BSOD once a day, error "Unexpected Store Exception"

Discus and support BSOD once a day, error "Unexpected Store Exception" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I keep encountering the blue screen of death once every day. It does not matter what I am doing. It has happened when I play games, and it has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cornflak, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Cornflak Win User

BSOD once a day, error "Unexpected Store Exception"

Hi,

I keep encountering the blue screen of death once every day. It does not matter what I am doing. It has happened when I play games, and it has happened when my computer is idle. The computer will freeze for about 10 seconds and then the BSOD will appear. The error code is: Unexpected Store Exception.

After that, the computer reboots to a black screen which asks me to choose a bootable device, but pressing any key does not do anything and I am forced to manually reboot by holding down the power button on my computer. Once I have done this, the computer reboots just fine. The error will not occur again until the next day.

Please help, and thanks! Attachment 101615

:)

Cornflak, Sep 15, 2016
  2. FrankSain Win User

Windows 10 crashes at least once a day.

My system crashes at least once a day. BSOD. Seldom for same reason. Latest is " unexpected kernel mode trap" What failed "athw8x.sys"

FrankSain, Sep 15, 2016
  3. Unexpected Store Exception error - (HP Envy)

Hello,

No, my issue has NOT been resolved.

BSoD and unexpected store exception still happens to my computer.

nnamdi_okafor, Sep 15, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

5. Cornflak Win User
    Attachment 101944Attachment 101945Attachment 101946Attachment 101947

I have uploaded all of the tests except for the SeaTools test, because I do not have anything to burn the image onto yet (such as a USB drive or CD). I hope this information will suffice. Let me know!

Cornflak, Sep 17, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Unfortunately this information does not suffice because it is necessary to run the tests on all partitions/drives present on the system.

7. Cornflak Win User
    Attachment 102102Attachment 102103Attachment 102104

Okay. I ran the tests on my other drive, which is a SSD. These are the results. I can try scanning my HDD with SeaTools if you still need that.

Cornflak, Sep 18, 2016
  8. Cornflak Win User

I used SeaTools for Windows and ran a long generic test for my HDD. It passed.

However, I'm unable to run a SeaTools test using DOS because it claims that there are no hard drives detected.

Cornflak, Sep 18, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    Reseat the cables of the hard drive and try Seatools DOS again.

Don't forget to run chkdsk and upload the log.

10. Cornflak Win User
    I'll try that later today. I uploaded the chkdsk results in my first response. Is that what you needed?

Cornflak, Sep 18, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    I've missed the chkdsk log *Redface It looks fine *Smile

12. Cornflak Win User
    I unplugged the cables to my HDD and SSD, and then I plugged them back in. When I rebooted into Seatools DOS, it still said that it couldn't find any hard drives.

Cornflak, Sep 23, 2016
  13. axe0 New Member

Please check if there is an option in the BIOS for AHCI and change it to IDE or ATA (not sure), if it doesn't help then boot first back in the BIOS and revert the change(s) to prevent any possible issues with booting.

14. Cornflak Win User
    It didn't work. Seatools wouldn't even run in that mode.

Cornflak, Sep 23, 2016
  15. Cornflak Win User
    A friend of mine said that the battery in the motherboard might be running out of charge and forgetting that I have drives, thus causing my PC to freeze. Is this a possibility?

Cornflak, Sep 23, 2016
Thema:

1. BSOD once a day, error "Unexpected Store Exception" - Similar Threads - BSOD once error

2. Unexpected Store Exception BSOD Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unexpected Store Exception BSOD Error: Hi, i have a laptop and sometimes like every 3 - 10 hours it freezes and bluescreens. the error is Unexpected Store Exception. I tried doing things like sfc /scannow, turning off fast startupi am also in the latest version of windows 10 but it still doesnt work and freezes....
  3. Unexpected Store Exception BSOD Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected Store Exception BSOD Error: Hi, i have a laptop and sometimes like every 3 - 10 hours it freezes and bluescreens. the error is Unexpected Store Exception. I tried doing things like sfc /scannow, turning off fast startupi am also in the latest version of windows 10 but it still doesnt work and freezes....
  4. Unexpected Store Exception BSOD Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD unexpected store exception

BSOD unexpected store exception: Hi MicrosoftI am getting blue screens which say unexpected store exception and it’s very frustrating. I’ve had this issue for about a year now, and it seems to only happen when I’m playing a game. What are some steps I can take to get rid of this error? I’m sure it’s one of...
  6. BSOD "Unexpected Store exception"

BSOD "Unexpected Store exception": Hi, Recently I have been getting the Unexpected store exception BSOD error while playing games like F1 or sea of thieves.Currently I have tried all this https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-10/how-to-fix-unexpected-store-exception-error-in-windows-10/ website advises but that...
  7. BSOD multiple times a day, Unexpected Store Exception

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD multiple times a day, Unexpected Store Exception: Started yesterday and has happened 5 times, I have run a number of test and my best guess is that I have a failing hard drive but would like a professional to help and confirm.OneDrive link to my last 3 minidump...
  8. BSOD multiple times a day, Unexpected Store Exception

BSOD multiple times a day, Unexpected Store Exception: Started yesterday and has happened 5 times, I have run a number of test and my best guess is that I have a failing hard drive but would like a professional to help and confirm.OneDrive link to my last 3 minidump...
  9. BSOD multiple times a day, Unexpected Store Exception

10. BSOD - Unexpected Store Exception

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD - Unexpected Store Exception: A month or so ago I continuously got the Unexpected Store Exception BSOD. After the crash, upon restarting I would be unable to access my D drive a HDD until another shut down and restart. However, no files were ever corrupted on my D drive. After trying multiple things and...