Windows 10: BSOD once a week

Discus and support BSOD once a week in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 Iexperienced ”Video TDR Failures” about every other week. Theynever happened with Windows 7. I see no relation to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kai Thurfors, Jan 10, 2016.

1. BSOD once a week

After upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 Iexperienced ”Video TDR Failures” about every other week. Theynever happened with Windows 7. I see no relation to heavy graphicuses. It seems to me that they happen more frequently when I startagain after putting the computer to sleep and more seldom after Iinstead shut it down. In the first month or so I got a message everytime I woke the computer from sleep that the video driver hadcrashed. After a few updates from Microsoft with NVIDIA driverupdates those messages didn't appear anymore.

I have a stationary computer withNVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT and driver 9.18.13.4192
    (recently updated but still failures).It's home made 8 years ago with quality parts and it has workedwithout a hitch. Two screens, and I use DisplayFusion. InactivatedDispayFusion, but still failures. Almost every time there is the sameroutine. The content on one of the screens is suddenly duplicated onthe other. After a short pause the blue screen with Video TDR Failureappears and the computer restarts.

I have run sfc /scannow without errors.

The latest failure happened today andthe situation is easy to describe. I had not started any majorprograms (after Autostarts). I had only started one old program tocheck on folder sizes (FolderSize) and stopped it before execution.Then I installed another old program (TreeSize free) to check filesizes. When TreeSize free tried to open the Video TDR Failurehappened.

The two programs are some years old annot made for Windows 10. Might cause problems. But most of the timewhen I have got the Video TDR Failure I have used Chrome andOpenOffice. I have not put the computer to sleep this last week onlyshut it down and restarted.

There are a quite a few log entries.One 9:31 the rest 9:36. Probably some of them are redundant, but Idon't know that so I attach the lot. The language is of course Swedish,sorry, but I imagine you get the message from the details. I also attach the results of your report program.

:)

Kai Thurfors, Jan 10, 2016

2. File History frequency for once in a week or a month on Windows 10

I can't speak to the update question, but I've been using W10 for about a year. My impression is that FH has been this way (including its inability to consistently remember what it should back up) for at least a year.

Bill's Lenovo, Jan 10, 2016
  3. AaronUr Win User
    File History frequency for once in a week or a month on Windows 10

I have been doing File History Updates of my Files every Week. To Do it: Just Turn Off File history, then Turn it On the day you are doing your Back up. When it ends doing the Back up just Turn it Off again until the next week. That's it. It Works.....
    Aaron!!!

AaronUr, Jan 10, 2016
  4. lifetec Win User

BSOD once a week

Your latest dumpfiles all are flagging nvlddmkm.sys. The driver for your Geforce Gpu with
    Timestamp: Tue Oct 13 17:23:07 2015 (561D21DB)
    PLease install the latest driver from Nvdia.

Code: Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 116, {bb11f008, 91b42e0a, 0, d} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+112e0a ) Followup: MachineOwner --------- 0: kd> !analyze -v ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116) Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed. Arguments: Arg1: bb11f008, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT). Arg2: 91b42e0a, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag). Arg3: 00000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation. Arg4: 0000000d, Optional internal context dependent data.[/quote] Please update the drivers for your Logitech quick/web cam they are from 2012
    Please update the nvdia storagedrivers Driver Update Site: Download Drivers | NVIDIA

Your motherboard is very old it has not even drivers for windows 8 on the supportpage https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P5...Desk_Download/

So it might be that your system is not compatible with windows 10 and you have to go back to the latest stable windows OS.

lifetec, Jan 10, 2016
  5. The main culprit seems to be the old motherboard. I have been planning a major hardware overhaul. Will probably take your advice and go back to Windows 7 first. Appreciate your quick answer.

Kai Thurfors, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD once a week

1. BSOD once a week - Similar Threads - BSOD once week

2. BSOD once or twice a week

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD once or twice a week: The last 3 BSOD I've gotten have been doing different things for the most part looking for some help on how to fix these. I have Collected the minidump files and added them to onedrive. Minidump files: Minidump...
  3. BSOD once or twice a week

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD once or twice a week: The last 3 BSOD I've gotten have been doing different things for the most part looking for some help on how to fix these. I have Collected the minidump files and added them to onedrive. Minidump files: Minidump...
  4. BSOD once or twice a week

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer Freezing once a week.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Freezing once a week.: Hello everyone,I am having an issue with a computer freezing up around once a week.Current events are.================================Event ID: 201Source AppModel-Runtime - Execution [ ProcessID] 1004 [ ThreadID] 2780 PackageName...
  6. Computer Freezing once a week.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Freezing once a week.: Hello everyone,I am having an issue with a computer freezing up around once a week.Current events are.================================Event ID: 201Source AppModel-Runtime - Execution [ ProcessID] 1004 [ ThreadID] 2780 PackageName...
  7. Very strange BSOD, once a week with no obvious solutions

Very strange BSOD, once a week with no obvious solutions: Hi I've seen many BSODs over the years, and I've been able to solve them all until this one.. So a friend of mine has been having BSODs for a few months now, since he bought a new PC for work. And I'm writing here because I recommended the components and the computer shop...
  8. BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT once or twice a week

BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT once or twice a week: Good evening, My name is David, I hope you're all fine. Since I've built my new computer back in November I've been having BSOD in Windows with the error MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. This error happens once or twice a week. It happens while doing desktop work, it never happened...
  9. BSOD once a day for the past week

BSOD once a day for the past week: For at least a week now, my computer has had a BSOD once a day, but after that it's fine for the rest of the day until the next day when I boot my PC up again. Today, however, it crashed twice in one day. I've had help from my friend to try and solve this but he can't come up...
  10. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL once a week

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL once a week: Keep having this blue screen. In parallel have a problem in all of the browsers: pages keep crashing, most often happens in Chrome. eBay is heavily used and hugely affected by this problem. it could crash before the page loaded. Not sure if it has any connection to the blue...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bsod roughly once a week

2. why am i getting the bsod once a week in win 10