Windows 10: BSOD onStartup

Discus and support BSOD onStartup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC will crash multiple times in a row, but then no crashes for weeks at a time. But one random morning it will crash 3-6 times in a row, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GenghisTrump, Feb 15, 2017.

1. BSOD onStartup

My PC will crash multiple times in a row, but then no crashes for weeks at a time. But one random morning it will crash 3-6 times in a row, then nothing. No idea what causes this, I have clean installed my Asus Laptop 2 times. Please help me figure this out.

Thanks

:)

GenghisTrump, Feb 15, 2017
  2. ValerieY Win User

on hold for over 3 hours for a level 2 tech to help me

hello thank you for responding

i have toshiba satellite L7450 laptop

running windows 10. 1607

it wouldnt update anymore so i called microsoft, level 1 tech couldnt fix, scheduled to have level 2 tech tuesday,

as he was working on my laptop it was disconnected, didnt get reconnected or call back or email,

been trying ever since to get another on board.

after rebooting a blue screen came up while trying to load windows onstartup

unmountable boot volume error code 0x0000225

ValerieY, Feb 15, 2017
  3. Driver Verifier BSOD diagnosis opinions?

Thank you very much for looking at this.

I followed the directions for uninstalling the drivers, and attempted to install new ones that I

downloaded from my motherboard maker, ASUS.
    Unfortunately, they don't provide audio drivers for anything past Win 7 64 bit, but even though I'm running Win 10, I tried them. The computer would still crash when I ran driver verifier at startup and I had
    to use a restore point.

When I checked which drivers were installed, however, it seemed to still be reverting to the original ones that initially caused the problem. So, I did some research on my own and used the Windows Show or Hide Updates program to make sure VIA wasn't auto-updating,
    but the issues persisted. So, as a last resort, I simply went to device manager and updated the audio drivers to Win 10 provided by Microsoft, but I'm still getting the driver verifier crash before the system starts. My computer is presently in this state.
    As long as I don't use driver verifier, it doesn't crash at startup, but I bet it will after normal sustained use.

The new dump files are here from the trials above. I'm curious if they're all still pointing to the audio driver, and if so/not,
    what other steps you might recommend?

BSOD Monster, Feb 15, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

BSOD onStartup

Hello and welcome to TenForums *Smile

The two recent crashes are both pointing to the Realtek WLAN driver being the issue:

Code: BugCheck 139 KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE, {2, ffff9780cf876d20, ffff9780cf876c78, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rtwlane.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rtwlane.sys *** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for win32k.sys Probably caused by : rtwlane.sys ( rtwlane+59a55 )[/quote] See if you can update the driver either from Asus or Realtek.

philc43, Feb 15, 2017
Thema:

BSOD onStartup

1. BSOD onStartup - Similar Threads - BSOD onStartup

2. Memory Issues and BSoD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Issues and BSoD: Hi Guys,I upgraded my CPU from 5700G to 5950x. Got a 4070Ti and also ASUS Loki 1000W.I was getting some CPU related logs after 3-4 months of usage. I did all clean fresh reset and install but then I started getting Memory Check Exception and restarts.I'm not able to debug the...
  3. Memory Issues and BSoD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Issues and BSoD: Hi Guys,I upgraded my CPU from 5700G to 5950x. Got a 4070Ti and also ASUS Loki 1000W.I was getting some CPU related logs after 3-4 months of usage. I did all clean fresh reset and install but then I started getting Memory Check Exception and restarts.I'm not able to debug the...
  4. BSOD when I Logged Off from my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when I Logged Off from my account: I do not know what is going on with my Windows 11 PC. 3 weeks ago it happened differently as well. Here is the mini dump:041724-18703-01.dmp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-when-i-logged-off-from-my-account/7606334a-c6df-4ef8-bb3a-f8e92b9bf3be
  5. BSOD when I Logged Off from my account

BSOD when I Logged Off from my account: I do not know what is going on with my Windows 11 PC. 3 weeks ago it happened differently as well. Here is the mini dump:041724-18703-01.dmp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-when-i-logged-off-from-my-account/7606334a-c6df-4ef8-bb3a-f8e92b9bf3be
  6. Repeated BSOD

Repeated BSOD: I ran SFC scan, windows defender full scan, and memory diagnostic tool and no errors were found.Please assist.Dump below - Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22621.3233 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File...
  7. Repeated BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated BSOD: I ran SFC scan, windows defender full scan, and memory diagnostic tool and no errors were found.Please assist.Dump below - Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22621.3233 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File...
  8. Repeated BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi, Recently got this blue screen and now everytime I start up my computer it freezes before I can enter my pin to get into my PC, then shuts down and gives me a blue screen with the error code: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONHere's the most recent dump file:************* Preparing...
  10. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi, Recently got this blue screen and now everytime I start up my computer it freezes before I can enter my pin to get into my PC, then shuts down and gives me a blue screen with the error code: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONHere's the most recent dump file:************* Preparing...