Windows 10: Bsod page_fault_in_nonpaged_area (ntfs.sys)

Discus and support Bsod page_fault_in_nonpaged_area (ntfs.sys) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Been using my external hard drive for about a year with no problem. Plugging in hard drive now causes an immediate BSOD with error code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mep1246, May 27, 2016.

1. Mep1246 Win User

Bsod page_fault_in_nonpaged_area (ntfs.sys)

Been using my external hard drive for about a year with no problem. Plugging in hard drive now causes an immediate BSOD with error code PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (NTFS.SYS). Computer won't successfully restart until external hard drive is removed. Hard drive is 2TB Transcend.

:)

Mep1246, May 27, 2016

2. BSOD's on 4 week old install of Win10

Just got a new BSOD this morning on bootup.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (NTFS.SYS)

Aaronthooo, May 27, 2016
  3. auggy Win User
    BSOD's

There were three different BSODs.

There was a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b) stop error that referenced the NETIO.SYS and the Drive Verifier may point to the Netwtw04.sys however the driver that may have actually caused the crash was the tmeevw.sys a Trend Micro driver.

The other two errors, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50) and SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e) referenced file system drivers such as the ntfs.sys and fileinfo.sys.

There were Trend Micro drivers "unloaded" during all the crashes and that may indicate an issue with Trend Micro.

You might contact Trend Micro to see if there is a known issue.

auggy, May 27, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

The first thing I see is you are way behind on WindowsUpdates. You are at 10240. The current version is 1056.318.

Please install all Windows Updates then test and see if the problem is resolved or not.

The dumps all point to NTFS.sys which makes sense since the problem occurs when you connect the external drive.

I suggest running the manufacturers diagnostic for the drive if you can find one. Transcend

If no luck finding a drive diag there, try these:

7 Free Hard Drive Testing Programs
    Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
    Bootable Hard Drive Diagnostics

Also try contacting their technical support from the link I posted above.

You need some way to connect the drive without getting the BSOD. Maybe boot a WindowsPE disc and try checking it (chkdsk /r) from there. A good way to do this is here:

See here: Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk from KYHI

It allows you access to a non-working system - and provides a visual means to repair the system You would have to download the ISO and then burn it to USB or CD to create a bootable WinPE disk.

Ztruker, May 27, 2016
  5. Mep1246 Win User
    Alright, starting with the updates, they seem to be stuck at 0% and downloading. Tried the fixit tool from the microsoft support website and tried using command prompt to manually stop the updater.

Edit: Got everything to update to latest version, no change in BSOD issue. Tried Ext Hard Drive in friends computer, same model, same issue.

Mep1246, May 28, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    If you can't access the drive then there is no way to run any tools or diagnostics to try to repair it.

What happens if you power the computer off, connect the drive then power on?
    Does it still hang the system?

Ztruker, May 29, 2016
  7. Mep1246 Win User
    If drive is connected at startup, PC starts straight into BSOD.

Mep1246, May 29, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

Drive is USB3, are you connecting it to a USB3 port or a USB2 port? Have you tried other ports on your computer?

Ztruker, May 29, 2016
  9. Mep1246 Win User
    I've connected it to every port and they'really all usb 3.0, I believe.

Mep1246, May 29, 2016
  10. Ztruker Win User
    I'm afraid the drive is a lost cause.

Since just connecting it locks up the computer, there is no way to do anything with it.

How important is the data on the drive? If it's critical then you can send it to a data recovery business. I've heard prives rangign from $750 to over $1000 for the service. These businesses will replace the electronic s of the drive or remount the physical disc platters in a new enclosure then try to recovery the data on the drive. Requires a clean room and some pretty pricey equipment to do this.

I don't have any names to give you though.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Bsod page_fault_in_nonpaged_area (ntfs.sys) - Similar Threads - Bsod page_fault_in_nonpaged_area ntfs

2. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and rtwlane601.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and rtwlane601.sys: Holaaa, acabó de tener un problema con mi notebook. Tengo Windows 11 y a veces me da una pantallazo azul con el error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA y lo que falla es: rtwlane601.sys . La verdad no entiendo que es lo que falla y me agradecería mucho si me alguien me ayudara....
  3. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and rtwlane601.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and rtwlane601.sys: Holaaa, acabó de tener un problema con mi notebook. Tengo Windows 11 y a veces me da una pantallazo azul con el error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA y lo que falla es: rtwlane601.sys . La verdad no entiendo que es lo que falla y me agradecería mucho si me alguien me ayudara....
  4. BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA , What Failed: netwtw06. sys , ntoskrnl.exe PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA , What Failed: netwtw06. sys , ntoskrnl.exe PLEASE HELP: This is a personal build PC. just put it together about 2 weeks ago. sense the first day I have been receiving this blue screen. According to "Auslogics Driver Updator" all my drivers are updated. mobo Bios is up to date. I have tried to turn off the automatic paging file....
  5. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA -- What failed: Netwtw06.sys

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA -- What failed: Netwtw06.sys: I've gotten this blue screen several times in the past two days. 1. I tried doing a Windows Memory Diagnosis -- it didn't find any issues. 2. I tried a startup recovery -- also didn't find any issues. 3. Tried checking the Device Management to see if anything needed to be...
  6. Ntfs file sys error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ntfs file sys error: I got a ntfs file sys error i tried every method online and nothing fixes it i cant even boot into safe mode can someone help me pls submitted by /u/gurso21 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ef60jw/ntfs_file_sys_error/
  7. netwtw06.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

netwtw06.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_area: I started getting the BSOD regularly every day after the recent windows automatic update. I am not sure how to correct this. I did notice that it would crash more frequently when using certain programs like accessing Asana online while using Zoom. Not sure what it is. Any...
  8. BSOD [Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD [Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area]: BSOD [Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area] Using bluetooth headphones watching youtube video when this BSOD occured. Thanks for the assistance! 137746
  9. Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area (cpuz137_x32.sys)

Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area (cpuz137_x32.sys): My laptop started to bluescreen recently w/ windows 10. It has this message: Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area (cpuz137_x32.sys) I have run a memory program, and it didn't find any errors in 1 pass, I am going to let it run over night and see if that helps. here are the .dmp...
  10. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (cpuz138_x64.sys)

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (cpuz138_x64.sys): I'm getting a BSOD crash that happens randomly. It says "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you. If you'd like to know more, you can search online later for this error:...