Windows 10: BSOD playing AAA games, system_service exception and memory_management

Discus and support BSOD playing AAA games, system_service exception and memory_management in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've been getting BSODs pretty much daily for a couple months now. As far as I can tell it usually happens during games like Cities:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dondl, Dec 10, 2016.

1. dondl Win User

BSOD playing AAA games, system_service exception and memory_management

Hello,

I've been getting BSODs pretty much daily for a couple months now. As far as I can tell it usually happens during games like Cities: Skylines, Witcher 3, Tyranny. So all moderate-high resource intensive games. I attached the zip file that the log creator made. According to WhoCrashed the culprit seems to be ntoskrnl.exe with bug codes:

Things I've tried:
    • Reinstall OS (Win10)
    • Uninstall and then install GPU
    • Memtest RAM, didn't find any errors (done a couple weeks ago)
    • Update games to latest patches
    • Run Windows Update to check for driver updates (no results)
    • BIOS update (couple months ago, although still current)
    • Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool: passed all tests
    Hoping someone here has some idea of how I could fix this.

Edit: sorry for the double post, missed the message about the mod approval!

Edit 2: Update drivers via ASRock Apps Shop. BSOD continued in Tyranny, although with a new error message. I attached this log creator report below as well.

• This was probably caused by the following module: win32kbase.sys (win32kbase!GreMarkUndeletableDC+0x130)
      Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFA2C401B4400, 0x0, 0xFFFFFAE12C7EC6E0, 0x2)
      Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

:)

dondl, Dec 10, 2016
  2. BlazeTA Win User

Hard drive clicking followed by BSOD error memory_management

My hard drive started to click all of a sudden while I was playing a game, Windows crashed and the BSOD appeared with a memory_management error. I will try to upload a video of the noise.

BlazeTA, Dec 10, 2016
  3. Could someone analyze this .dmp file for me?

So I reinstalled windows and ran driver verifier and got rid of the problematic drivers but I still ended up with a bsod memory_management. Thanks so much! If anything else is needed please let me know. BSOD usually happens when I'm playing a game such as
    league of legends.

MiniDump.zip

GodLikeTaco, Dec 10, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Looks like a video driver problem:
    Code: ffff8100`bbe8c638 fffff800`bba8a759*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dxgmms2.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dxgmms2.sys dxgmms2+0xa759 ffff8100`bbe8c648 fffff800`bbbaefde*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys atikmdag+0x1efde ffff8100`bbe8ce38 fffff800`b889a15c*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for dxgkrnl.sys - dxgkrnl!g_TdrForceTimeout+0x42160[/quote] You have a AMD Radeon R9 200 Series card and it has the latest driver, dated 12/3/2016. When did you update the driver to this level? You could try some of the older versions, see if that helps.

Ztruker, Dec 13, 2016
  5. dondl Win User
    On suggestion of my brother, I installed a new fan. So far it send like it did the trick, have had no blue screens and was able to play for more than an hour at a time. So it looks like I've been having an overheating issue.

dondl, Dec 16, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Wait a few weeks and make sure. If okay, please mark this solved.

Ztruker, Dec 16, 2016
  7. dondl Win User
    Looks like I spoke too soon. BSOD while playing Tyranny, getting Memory_Management error again. I attached the log file below.

I did a memtest yesterday, no faults found.

WhoCrashed result:

• This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A6F0)
    • Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x61941, 0x424A06FF, 0xD, 0xFFFFBA01A6C1AB00)
    • Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

Edit: Another BSOD, different error. Updated the log file.
    WhoCrashed result:

dondl, Dec 17, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

The zip you uploaded is empty.

Ztruker, Dec 18, 2016
  9. dondl Win User
    Wow, I'm not sure why. I ran the log tool 3-4 times and each time I got an empty zip file. Was able to catch a folder, autodeleted normally, it makes before making the zip file, here are the contents. I hope that nothing is missing.

dondl, Dec 18, 2016
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Nothing I see of any use in the latest dumps. I do see quite a few of these in the Event Viewer log (eventvwr.txt):

Code: Event[3071]: Log Name: System Source: Display Date: 2016-11-30T22:35:11.769 Event ID: 4101 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-1RMMKSO Description: Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.[/quote] The driver you have is recent but no the latest, so give the latest one a try.

Remove and install latest video drivers:

I suggest completely uninstalling the display drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from WagnardMobile (near bottom of page) then get the latest driver for you AMD card here: Desktop

See if that gets rid of the problem.

Ztruker, Dec 20, 2016
  11. dondl Win User
    Well, no issues yet. I'll wait a week or two and see what comes up.

dondl, Dec 23, 2016
  12. dondl Win User
    Yeah no issues unless my room is too hot, which leads me to think this is an overheating problem. Making this thread as solved.

dondl, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD playing AAA games, system_service exception and memory_management - Similar Threads - BSOD playing AAA

2. SYSTEM_SERVICE EXCEPTION On bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYSTEM_SERVICE EXCEPTION On bsod: Hi I keep getting bsodSYSTEM_SERVICE EXCEPTIONI have a windows update that keeps failing with error 0x80070643 This is a windows security update? Unsure if this is related?...
  3. SYSTEM_SERVICE EXCEPTION On bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SYSTEM_SERVICE EXCEPTION On bsod: Hi I keep getting bsodSYSTEM_SERVICE EXCEPTIONI have a windows update that keeps failing with error 0x80070643 This is a windows security update? Unsure if this is related?...
  4. SYSTEM_SERVICE EXCEPTION On bsod

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Memory_management bsod

Memory_management bsod: Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 Got a BSOD with the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT stop code. -(2020-10-15_19-26-25).zip 166454
  6. Windows is restarting automatically while playing AAA games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is restarting automatically while playing AAA games: I have intel 9Geni5 processor, 16GB DDR 4 RAM, NVIDIA RTX 2060 graphics card and PSU of 550, I am facing issue for some time. My system is getting auto restart when I am playing hight end games like FAR CRY NEW DAWN, Quantum Break, and its restart automatically without...
  7. Frequent BSOD when gaming (MEMORY_MANAGEMENT)

Frequent BSOD when gaming (MEMORY_MANAGEMENT): Hello, For the past few months I've been getting frequent BSOD, happens mostly when i am gaming but also happens once in a while when just streaming videos or surfing the web. Things i have tried: Ran Memtest86 and Windows memory diagnostic multiple times on each ram...
  8. BSOD Memory_Management

BSOD Memory_Management: Estimados, En algunas ocasiones, mientras estamos trabajando con el notebook, nos tira BSOD Memory_Management *** STOP: 0x0000001A (0x00000000000000403,0FFFFF68000040DD8,0xD410000047F14967,0xFFFFF68000031968) Desconocemos exactamente cual pueda ser la causa. Dejo log...
  9. System_service Exception, Memory Management

System_service Exception, Memory Management: Alright.. going to give this forum a shot, I've tried tomshardware for over a month to no avail... I keep getting a BSOD over Memory management System service exception iqrl less than or equal to etc.. I've gotten minidump files for them and ran driver verifiers, when I run...
  10. BSOD playing BF1, Netio.sys failure System_Service Exception

BSOD playing BF1, Netio.sys failure System_Service Exception: Computer has done really well and then BF1 is constantly crashing it. Random points. Decided to play in Windows mode to see if I could monitor temps and now I am getting the BSOD. Image Below. Attachment 111582 Here is the zip file and thank you for any help. 70883