Windows 10: BSOD playing Battlefield 1, WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error

Discus and support BSOD playing Battlefield 1, WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello there. I have browsed a little bit through the forums and observed I am not the only one with this issue. The PC usually crashes an hour into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mothemotecen, Nov 27, 2016.

1. BSOD playing Battlefield 1, WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error

Hello there.

I have browsed a little bit through the forums and observed I am not the only one with this issue. The PC usually crashes an hour into playing Battlefield 1.
    This is what I have tried so far:
    - Updated BIOS and drivers through ASUS EZ Update
    - Running the game on the lowest settings
    - Removing two of my RAM modules (I bought one pair early 2014, and one pair mid 2015, for a total of 16 GB).
    - Benchmarking/"torture testing" the GPU and the CPU, which they withstand. When I tried the same with RAM and power supply, the PC froze. I used Prime95 for this.
    - From the little I can tell from running a basic analysis of the memory dump file, the problem seems to be hardware related.

I do not have this issue with other games or uses of the computer, like watching videos (I have read other threads where people had trouble with Youtube and such), and there is no secret that BF1 is a demanding game.
    This is what I got so far. Please let me know if additional info is needed, and I very much appreciate any help.

Cheers.

:)

Mothemotecen, Nov 27, 2016

2. Xbox one disc drive

So my issue is that my xbox one will only play one game my battlefield 1 and will not play any other games movies or blu ray disc anyone have any ideas why only battlefield 1 will play but nothing else at all?

Ali3nInvad3rr, Nov 27, 2016
  3. apank Win User
    Whea_uncorrectable_error only when playing games

I've been experiencing the Whea_Uncorrectable_error BSOD when playing games like CSGO or planetside 2, but not League of legends. It happened frequently when playing the mentioned games on 8.1, then when I upgraded to Win 10 it still occurred.

apank, Nov 27, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

BSOD playing Battlefield 1, WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error

Just reading through your troubleshooting method I would try a proper test of your RAM:

BSOD playing Battlefield 1, WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

If errors show up you can immediately stop the test because you will know the RAM is faulty. You need to then find out which one by trying the individual sticks of RAM individually until you can pinpoint the faulty one. [Note that it is possible for a slot on the motherboard to be faulty too but lets hope this is not the case.]

philc43, Nov 27, 2016
  5. BSOD playing Battlefield 1, WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error [​IMG]
    Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

If errors show up you can immediately stop the test because you will know the RAM is faulty. You need to then find out which one by trying the individual sticks of RAM individually until you can pinpoint the faulty one. [Note that it is possible for a slot on the motherboard to be faulty too but lets hope this is not the case.] Thanks for the reply. I am currently running a memtest, and I started about 10 hours ago. When I get home I will try your suggestion if any errors have shown up. As far as I have understood, the test just keeps running forever, so in a 10-12 hour span it should have been through several passes, and that is usually enough, or am I mistaken?

6. essenbe Win User
    16 GB usually takes around 18-20 hours to do the minimum 8 passes.

essenbe, Nov 27, 2016
  7. lifetec Win User
    This bugcheck could point to hardware problem with your CPU, as you already said, but often also motherboard software can cause this kind of BSODs.

Looking through your drivermodules these drivers are outdated:
    AsIO Wed Aug 22 11:54:47 2012 (5034AC67) (Driver Description: Asus PCProbe Utility)
    AsUpIO Tue Aug 03 04:47:59 2010 (4C57835F) (Driver Description: ASUS hardware monitoring software related)
    ASUSFILTER Tue Sep 20 17:46:33 2011 (Driver Description: ASUS USB Hub filter driver)
    IOMap64 Thu Oct 23 02:52:12 2014 (Driver Description: ASUS Kernel Mode Driver ?Asus Smart Doctor/iTracker 2 Asus GPU Tweak)
    Update your these Asus software programs ( Utilities)

TeeDriverx64 Tue Sep 23 22:01:14 2014 ( intel management driver)
    See if you can updated above drivers from your supportpage https://www.asus.com/support/Downloa...rexKYGfAX8/45/

CorsairVBusDriver Wed May 06 15:10:40 2015 (554A12D0)
    CorsairVHidDriver Wed May 06 15:10:41 2015 (Driver Description: Corsair Virtual Device Driver (Installed with Corsair Utility Engine)

lifetec, Nov 27, 2016
  8. essenbe Win User

If the first argument is 0X0 I have never found the CPU at fault. The CPU gets blamed because it is what calls for the shut down.

essenbe, Nov 27, 2016
  9. I have now run a 16 hour memtest, with no errors showing (see attached picture).
    I wasn't able to find many of these drivers in the given directory. Do you know where else to look? The EZ Update utility says there are no more updates, but I am aware that might not be entirely conclusive.
    I am trying to get a hold of another power supply, just to try that as well. If it's not driver related, could there be something with unsteady power supply or some sort of voltage fluctuations (abnormal ones)?

10. lifetec Win User
    Are you using or did you use any kind of this motherboard software like Asus AI Suite III, Asus Smart doctor etc. in the past.
    If you can not find any updated drivers, i would (temporally) uninstall all this kind of software and see if this solves your problem.

lifetec, Nov 27, 2016
  11. essenbe Win User
    Also, keep track of the CPU and GPU temps during gaming. I notice your CPU is 67°C in that screenshot. That is not too hot, but it is hotter than usual during that test.

essenbe, Nov 27, 2016
  12. Just tried a session with BF1 now. I used MSI Afterburner to monitor the CPU temperature. It was between 70 and 75 before the PC crashed again.
    I also uninstalled the ASUS EZ Upgrade and other downloaded utility tools, as suggested by lifetec.

Mothemotecen, Nov 28, 2016
  13. essenbe Win User

What about your GPU Temps? You can download any drivers for your motherboard here, https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H9...Desk_Download/ (Make sure that is your board). Make sure you don't have AI Suite installed. At that link, look at the Utilities section and make sure none of that is installed.

Is BF1 the only game that causes you crashes?

essenbe, Nov 28, 2016
  14. I will monitor GPU temps next time I am running the game. At det beginning the GPU temp was a little lower than the CPU. As mentioned I did uninstall the AI Suite. Yes, BF1 is the only game that causes this type of crash.
    I have actually formatted my drive and reinstalled Windows now. I don't know if it will have any effect, but I figured it was worth a shot. I am trying to be careful installing every necessary driver and using Windows update. I did observe during a reboot a short lasting error message (which I didn't have time to record), and the error code started with 0x0... Why is that on a fresh install? Maybe my crashing issue has something to do with this.

Mothemotecen, Nov 28, 2016
  15. Dude Win User
    What cooling are you using for your CPU? You dont seem to be OCing it, looking at your specs. That type of crash in BF1 would seem to indicate unstable CPU to me, meaning you need just a little more V-core, but the temps seem high for a CPU not OCd

Thema:

1. BSOD playing Battlefield 1, WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error - Similar Threads - BSOD playing Battlefield

2. BSOD Playing Battlefield 1, several codes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Playing Battlefield 1, several codes: As the title states, I have received several BSOD codes while playing battlefield one. These codes and crashes ONLY occur while playing battlefield one. I have tried a malware scan, anti-virus scan, sfc check, mem check, and updated my windows to the newest version. I have...
  3. BSOD playing Battlefield 1, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

BSOD playing Battlefield 1, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Screen freeze during game play. WHEA has come up twice. Four or five freezes without the BSOD where I had to force quit and reboot. I can run whicher 3 and FFXIV without any problems. Not sure about fps before crashes. GPU running at about 80 max during game play. I have...
  4. BSOD playing Battlefield 1

BSOD playing Battlefield 1: I've never had an issue with system crashes, or playing the new battlefield 1 beta, but after a few hours I got a BSOD with Stop Code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. I looked online, ran a few scans, and updated some software, but in the middle of that process I got another BSOD...
  5. BSOD playing Vermintide, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

BSOD playing Vermintide, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: I just got a BSOD while playing Vermintide. It displayed WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. Looking it up online its some kind of hardware issue. The game was running kind of sluggish the fps was 40-60 but it felt much slower. I uploaded the dm log collector zip file. 59712
  6. BSOD playing BF 1, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)

BSOD playing BF 1, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124): Hi, I'm getting this error on heavy load, like when i'm playing Battefield 1. Sometimes the system just freezes for several minutes, and the only way to use the computer is to cut the power / long press power button. I have tried to analyze the crash report, but I...
  7. BSOD playing Battlefield 1, error 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSOD playing Battlefield 1, error 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi there! I just got my Asus Strix 1070 yesterday, updated the bios for the micron memory fix, and today, after playing a long session of Battlefield 1, I got a "DPC Watchdog Violation" Bluescreen 0x133. Can anyone help me fix this issue? The GPU never goes hotter than...
  8. BSOD playing Battlefield 1 or using Keyshot

BSOD playing Battlefield 1 or using Keyshot: Hello, So I've had Windows 10 since last fall, upgrade from Win 7 and it ran without issues until I replaced my video card with a EVGA GTX 960 and a new PSU. This week however the frequency has increased, and I've been gettied varried BSOD messages. I've been using...
  9. BSOD playing Battlefield 1. Whea_uncorrectable_error

BSOD playing Battlefield 1. Whea_uncorrectable_error: So I've been playing BF1 for the last 3 days and at least once a day a BSOD happens. I want to know if it has anything to do with the latest Nvidia driver (372.70) which I installed after the first day I played the game. and what can I do to solve this issue. It happens...
  10. BSOD Playing Overwatch, Whea_uncorrectable_error

BSOD Playing Overwatch, Whea_uncorrectable_error: Hey everyone, I got my very first BSOD when i am playing overwatch. I'm using my laptop almost 2 years. Windows 10 x64, 8Gb ram, Intel i7-5700hq 2.7ghz. And using One Hdd, one ssd and """ m2-pci express ssd on m2 port. my computer brand says it s not supported at m2-pci...