Windows 10: BSOD playing BF 1, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)

Discus and support BSOD playing BF 1, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I'm getting this error on heavy load, like when i'm playing Battefield 1. Sometimes the system just freezes for several minutes, and the only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by eltojo, Jan 23, 2017.

1. eltojo Win User

BSOD playing BF 1, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)

Hi,

I'm getting this error on heavy load, like when i'm playing Battefield 1.
    Sometimes the system just freezes for several minutes, and the only way to use the computer is to cut the power / long press power button.

I have tried to analyze the crash report, but I can't tell if it's the motherboard or the CPU, or maybe something else. The crash report is attached.

I have also tried to update BIOS, but here it seems to be an issue with my motherboard (Asus maximus vii hero) because it won't accept the file with the updated BIOS that i downloaded from Asus (and yes I renamed the file according to the motherboard instructions).

I really would appreciate your help, since i'm pretty much lost.

Thanks in advance! *Smile

:)

eltojo, Jan 23, 2017

2. BSOD Help whea_uncorrectable_error (124)

Hi thanks for replying. To answer your questions, this issue occurs very rarely but has now happened twice within a short period. This is a computer I built myself. I initially thought my ram was causing the issue because the documentation from Asus (motherboard
    manufacture) didn't show the ram I was using as supported models. So I replaced them with new Adata sticks that are supported, and I got another crash after about 5 minutes of running the computer on idle. Also my motherboard likes to automatically "optimize"
    settings in the UEFI bios which includes a slight overclocking of the cpu and possibly the ram as well. I have forced all settings in bios to run at hardware defaults (or standard) settings, and so far have had no issues.

Here's a link to my public onedrive folder with two zipped dump files (it's all i have)

Public

Hollow1115, Jan 23, 2017
  3. BSOD Help whea_uncorrectable_error (124)

Hi,

I will certainly help you regarding the blue screen issue.

Kindly let us know a few more details on the below questions:

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    Kindly refer the suggestions from the link below:

Windows 10 BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Also, refer the link regarding the blue screen error:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please get back to us for further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you

Jahnabi Das, Jan 23, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

Very sorry you got overlooked. I don't know what happened or why.

Please follow the directions shown in the notice at the top of the forum and of all threads:

Attachment 119071

Ztruker, Jan 29, 2017
  5. eltojo Win User
    Hi, and thanks for the heads up. I should have seen it before I posted *Rolleyes

I have now attached the zip file from the DM log collector.

eltojo, Jan 29, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Sorry, it looks like you are using pirated software. Please correct this by removing the illegal software. If you then get any more BSODs, run DM_Log_collector and upload the zip file and I'll be happy to take a look at it.

Ztruker, Jan 30, 2017
  7. eltojo Win User
    I did not see that coming. Thought I had put those day's behind me *Smile
    Well, I have done a cleanup and have ran the DM_log_collector again.

eltojo, Jan 30, 2017
  8. eltojo Win User

hmmm... I also disconnected the old HDD and I have not had any problems when playing today (for about 3 hours). So now I'm running only the SSD's.

eltojo, Jan 30, 2017
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Still seeing activation bypasses for Adobe and you have Adobe CS5 Design Premium installed. It sure looks like you have illegal software still installed, sorry.

Ztruker, Jan 31, 2017
  10. eltojo Win User
    The Adobe CS5 Design premium is valid and activated. I noticed some url's to adobe that where routed back to localhost in the hosts file. I have removed them now. And updated all adobe products included in the CS5 Design premium. I can assure you that this Abode package is not illegal. My girlfriend bought this when she took a degree in graphic design for about 3 years ago.

I don't know how i can prove this, but attached is an image of the deactivation screen. Cause I'm not giving out the key.
    I also did a new run with DM_Log_Collector.

eltojo, Jan 31, 2017
  11. Ztruker Win User
    Good enough for me, thanks.

The newest dumps I see is dated 1/2/2017 and 1/4/2017.
    Code: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124) A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception Arg2: ffff9e8704540028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure. Arg3: 00000000be000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value. Arg4: 0000000000800400, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.[/quote] Code: 2: kd> !errrec ffff9e8704540028 =============================================================================== Common Platform Error Record @ ffff9e8704540028 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Record Id : 01d266b169ba01ee Severity : Fatal (1) Length : 928 Creator : Microsoft Notify Type : Machine Check Exception Timestamp : 1/4/2017 21:35:07 (UTC) Flags : 0x00000000 =============================================================================== Section 0 : Processor Generic ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Descriptor @ ffff9e87045400a8 Section @ ffff9e8704540180 Offset : 344 Length : 192 Flags : 0x00000001 Primary Severity : Fatal Proc. Type : x86/x64 Instr. Set : x64 Error Type : Micro-Architectural Error Flags : 0x00 CPU Version : 0x00000000000306c3 Processor ID : 0x0000000000000002 =============================================================================== Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Descriptor @ ffff9e87045400f0 Section @ ffff9e8704540240 Offset : 536 Length : 128 Flags : 0x00000000 Severity : Fatal Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000002 CPU Id : c3 06 03 00 00 08 10 02 - bf fb fa 7f ff fb eb bf 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 Proc. Info 0 @ ffff9e8704540240 =============================================================================== Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Descriptor @ ffff9e8704540138 Section @ ffff9e87045402c0 Offset : 664 Length : 264 Flags : 0x00000000 Severity : Fatal Error : Internal timer (Proc 2 Bank 4) Status : 0xbe00000000800400 Address : 0x00007ff8b7248d14 Misc. : 0x00007ff8b7248d14[/quote] The above can be caused by defective hardware or a faulty device driver.

See if a full memory dump is available: The dump file is located at "C:\Windows\Memory.dmp" . It would be a large file so please make sure that you ZIP it up before uploading to a file hosting service like OneDrive. Then post a link to it here.

Ztruker, Feb 1, 2017
  12. eltojo Win User
    Thanks for checking the logs.
    I can't seem to find the memory.dmp file in c:\windows path.
    I have checked in the "startup and recovery" settings and it's set to write debug information from "kernel memory dump" to the dump file: %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP (see picture)

It could be that it's been deleted since the diskspace on C: is only 16GB (but I don't know the limit for deleting the memory.dmp file)

Could it be the driver to the HDD I disconnected or the HDD itself that has caused these issues?
    - Cause I haven't had any issues since i disconnected it, but it could also just be a coincident..

Thank you in advance for all your help. *Smile

eltojo, Feb 1, 2017
  13. Ztruker Win User

Lets wait awhile and see if another BSOD occurs. If not then we can look at the HDD you disconnected.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD playing BF 1, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124) - Similar Threads - BSOD playing WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

2. BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: I have a minidump that I'll post hopefully someone with more insight can understand what's going on. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of errorsource that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of...
  3. BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: I have a minidump that I'll post hopefully someone with more insight can understand what's going on. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of errorsource that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of...
  4. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124: Hello, I've been getting crashes/restarts on my pc since I did some upgrades. only seems to crash while playing games-1-2 times on 2019 cod and bsod on Wolfenstein new order. Replaced gpu 2 months ago but has worked fine. replaced Mobo/cpu b550 msi edge gaming wifi, 5800x cpu...
  5. BSOD playing Battlefield 1, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

BSOD playing Battlefield 1, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Screen freeze during game play. WHEA has come up twice. Four or five freezes without the BSOD where I had to force quit and reboot. I can run whicher 3 and FFXIV without any problems. Not sure about fps before crashes. GPU running at about 80 max during game play. I have...
  6. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod: Hi nerds, My PC has twice rebooted itself with no warning. I did not see a bsod either time, so i thought it may have been a power issue at first. Both times a dump file was left, with a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124. The first crash occurred shortly after PC was powered on...
  7. BSOD playing Battlefield 1, WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error

BSOD playing Battlefield 1, WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error: Hello there. I have browsed a little bit through the forums and observed I am not the only one with this issue. The PC usually crashes an hour into playing Battlefield 1. This is what I have tried so far: - Updated BIOS and drivers through ASUS EZ Update - Running the...
  8. BSOD playing Battlefield 1. Whea_uncorrectable_error

BSOD playing Battlefield 1. Whea_uncorrectable_error: So I've been playing BF1 for the last 3 days and at least once a day a BSOD happens. I want to know if it has anything to do with the latest Nvidia driver (372.70) which I installed after the first day I played the game. and what can I do to solve this issue. It happens...
  9. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod: Do I understand it correctly, from your description, that there has been only 1 crash? No, the crashes usually happen 3-4 times each week. It has been going for quite a while now, since the fall creators update. In the meantime I have reinstalled my system a couple of times,...
  10. Bsod "whea_uncorrectable_error (124)"

Bsod "whea_uncorrectable_error (124)": Hi, I'm having a hard time figuring out the source of my blue screen on my Gigabyte Aero 14. The bluescreens happen mostly on battery mode, for exemple when I startup the computer, when I unplug the power cord, or when I wake up the computer from sleepmode. In some rare cases...