Windows 10: BSOD playing Dota 2 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Discus and support BSOD playing Dota 2 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought this Lenovo Ideapad Y700-15ISK laptop in September, got the occasional BSoD until I updated BIOS. Today I got 4-6 of these BSODs with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jakkabbi, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Jakkabbi Win User

BSOD playing Dota 2 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

I bought this Lenovo Ideapad Y700-15ISK laptop in September, got the occasional BSoD until I updated BIOS. Today I got 4-6 of these BSODs with the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while trying to play Dota 2. I have previously run multiple programs, perhaps I've overworked the laptop, but I hope that's not the case as it has performed fairly well with my somewhat ridiculous use of it until today. I have run the Lenovo Hardware Scan utility and it found no issues.

I am running Windows 10 Home edition.

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60Hz
    RAM: 16GB
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

I installed speedfan to check if it was overheating, and the temperatures were not rising above 65C after I blew the dust off the exhaust vent.

Contacted windows support, he had me reinstall sound drivers. I have an external sound card I was using for my headphones and now my speakers are making odd popping sounds.

:)

Jakkabbi, Feb 6, 2017
  2. apank Win User

Whea_uncorrectable_error only when playing games

I've been experiencing the Whea_Uncorrectable_error BSOD when playing games like CSGO or planetside 2, but not League of legends. It happened frequently when playing the mentioned games on 8.1, then when I upgraded to Win 10 it still occurred.

apank, Feb 6, 2017
  3. Dota 2 and other games lagging on Windows 10

i also experienced the same with you playing dota 2 counter strike and dota 1 is lagging

ronnie jrgarrido, Feb 6, 2017
  4. BSOD playing Dota 2 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Code: 0x00000124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (6.02.2017 23:40:23) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: GenuineIntel [16.07.2016] nvlddmkm.sys [25.08.2016] * nVidia Video drivers * => Download Drivers | NVIDIA hal.dll (Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL. NO Driver) PROCESS: System Usual causes: Hardware, Incompatibility, May be driver corruption =============================================================================================================== 0x0000003B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (12.01.2017 17:35:00) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: memory_corruption cdd.dll unavailable * Canonical Display Driver (Windows System File) igdkmd64.sys [6.01.2016] * Intel Graphics driver * => Drivers & Software PROCESS: chrome.exe Usual causes: System service, Device driver, graphics driver, ?memory[/quote]

This is hard, 0x124 is really bad. Common cause is hardware failure but it "could be" driver problems too. In the posted analysis results u can see that nvidia and intel GPU drivers are identified. But this doesnt mean thats a problem. It can be Hardware oder Driver related.

First u sould try to update all your drivers. Theres a Tool for Thinkpads out there which can do that for u:

Lenovo System Update : Update Drivers, BIOS, and Applications - Lenovo Support

If this isnt working for your model u have to update manually:
    Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers
    Drivers & Software

Or from the original manufacturer site:
    Laptops-and-netbooks :: IdeaPad-Y-Series-laptops :: y700-15isk - Lenovo Support

If this isnt working (and I think this doesnt fix your problem) u have to do some Hardware Diagnosis:

There is a chance that your CPU is beginning to fail or u has temperature problems. Here a specific analysis:
    Code: 0x00000124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (7.02.2017 06:47:43) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: GenuineIntel [16.07.2016] hal.dll (Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL. NO Driver) PROCESS: dota2.exe Usual causes: Hardware, Incompatibility, May be driver corruption[/quote]

BSOD playing Dota 2 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR [​IMG]
    0x124

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

A 0x124 is one of the worst STOP codes to encounter for the sole reason that the dump files usually give nothing away as to the cause of the problem. WHEA (Windows Hardware Error Architecture) errors signify a problem with hardware but very rarely pinpoint the culprit. In these scenarios it is advised to run a series of hardware stress and diagnostic tests to try and pinpoint the problem.
    This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. It is typically related to physical hardware failures.
    It can be heat related, defective hardware, memory or even a processor that is beginning to fail or has failed.
    If over-clocking has been enabled, try disabling it. Confirm that any cooling systems such as fans are functional.
    Run system diagnostics to confirm that the system memory is not defective. It is less likely,
    but possible that a driver is causing the hardware to fail with this bug check.

Diagnostic Test
    CPU TEST

Run Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums

Warning Your CPU temperatures will rise quickly while under this stress test. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Diagnostic Test
    GPU TEST

Run FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

U can use SpeedFan to monitor all sensors when u stress test your system.

SpeedFan
    SpeedFan automatically searches your computer for informative chips: the hardware monitor chips. SpeedFan can display voltages, fan speeds and temperatures.

BSODHunter, Feb 7, 2017
  5. Jakkabbi Win User
    Okay so, I had basically avoided Dota since this started happening. But I ran the CPU stress test and GPU stress test for over an hour each and the temperatures were fairly stable throughout. GPU didn't go above 67C. I had assumed that since I would crash running dota quickly (within 10 minutes) an hour of FurMark would be enough to clear the GPU as the issue. My RAM ran 9 passes with no errors, this is the picture. Attachment 121998 Just recently I had the same BSOD while playing WoW multiple times within an hour, then no repeats for hours upon hours. Today I ran DotA to test it, crashed, ran furmark (and a little more to add some stress) and got a crash within 10 minutes, at a temperature of 72C which based on my research seems fine for my graphics card.

Jakkabbi, Feb 18, 2017
  6. ok u running an GPU stress test and its crashing with BSOD? can u please upload an actual DM Collector Log?

BSODHunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD playing Dota 2 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

1. BSOD playing Dota 2 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - Similar Threads - BSOD playing Dota

2. BSOD when playing Dota 2 but not other games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when playing Dota 2 but not other games: This is the report from Reliability Monitor Source Windows Summary Shut down unexpectedly Date ‎4/‎4/‎2020 8:49 PM Status Not reported Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 124 Parameter 1: 0 Parameter 2: ffffca0e31c03028 Parameter 3: be000000 Parameter 4:...
  3. constant BSODs while playing videogames, especifically, Dota 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    constant BSODs while playing videogames, especifically, Dota 2: Good night guys, I've been having a lot of BSODs lately. I've tested it out and it only happens when I'm playing DotA 2. I've tried reinstalling my drivers, running sfc /scannow, the rdimm thing, cleaned my pc. I even reinstalled my goddamned windows OS. I'll put along the...
  4. BSOD playing DOTA 2 & SIM CITY

BSOD playing DOTA 2 & SIM CITY: Dear axe0, In accordance with a request to create a new thread. The problem I faced when I was migrating to Windows 10 is I can not get DOTA 2. When installing the update then happens BSOD. I read some threads in this forum but I can not. Similarly, when I play SIM CITY...
  5. BSOD rate increase while play DOTA 2

BSOD rate increase while play DOTA 2: im new here, and i think you guys can solved my problem i bought a new PC and fresh install it with windows 10, then the bsod come it keep happening to my pc. then i decide to upgrade my windows 10 to windows 10 pro but bsod stand still. the problem is when i play dota 2...
  6. BSOD on playing Dota 2, error ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY

BSOD on playing Dota 2, error ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY: My laptop is a Dell XPS 15 9550. Never had BSODs (in any other programs, including more demanding games like Witcher 3) until I installed Dota 2 and started having random BSODs during certain games. The most recent ones are of "ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY" (which...
  7. BSOD While Playing Dota 2 - Happens Back to Back

BSOD While Playing Dota 2 - Happens Back to Back: Long time lurker and finally got fed up. Thanks in advance for the help. I get the BSOD error only when I play Dota 2. Sometimes I can go hours without it. But lately, it's been happening more frequently. Sometimes it happens back to back where after I restart my computer,...
  8. BSOD When i play DOta 2

BSOD When i play DOta 2: During nearly every match my game would freeze and cause a machine check exception, just happends in dota, I can play other games Like GTA V without issue, but Dota. First I thought it was overheat issue cuz the temperature was at 65°, now i boosted my fans and i got 50°...
  9. BSOD playing dota 2

BSOD playing dota 2: Guys help me please... My laptop keep Bsod especially when playing dota 2 I got different BSOD everytime 1. irql_not_less_or_equal 2. system service exception dxgmms1.sys 3. dpc watchdog violation and many many more... Here is my minidump : Dropbox - minidump...
  10. BSOD While Playing dota 2

BSOD While Playing dota 2: Hi there. i've been getting this blue screen Death for couple of days , i've never experienced this before , i am using windows 10 pro 64bits, i've changed the whole windows for the BSOD but still i keep getting the blue screen while playing dota 2, any help woulAttachment...