Windows 10: BSOD playing Elder Scrolls Online on higher than Low Settings

Discus and support BSOD playing Elder Scrolls Online on higher than Low Settings in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This isn't the only game I've had this issue, I have also had it on Heroes of the Storm (Which also worked on low settings) and Star Wars Battlefront... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mikarugi, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Mikarugi Win User

BSOD playing Elder Scrolls Online on higher than Low Settings

This isn't the only game I've had this issue, I have also had it on Heroes of the Storm (Which also worked on low settings) and Star Wars Battlefront Beta (Did not test on lower settings)

There was no BSOD, but computer crashed and restarted so the error should be similar in nature.

Attached is my crash info, please if you can tell me the cause of the crash and what I will need to do to fix it.

Attachment 48713

:)

Mikarugi, Nov 16, 2015

2. Win32kbase.sys BSOD

Hello Community,

I'm here today to ask for help with a problem that has plagued my desktop.

I have recently tried to play a game called "Elder Scrolls Online" and have experienced a form of a "Memory Leak" fallowed sometimes by a win32kbase.sys BSOD. (The Elder Scrolls support Isn't making any progress on this)

I fear that I've exhausted all my options at this point (Even a clean OS Install).

Please help me with this issue.

Thank you for your time.

Devin C Smith

Devin__Smith, Nov 16, 2015
  3. Cannot play Elder Scrolls Online

Hi Stin ,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Elder Scrolls
    on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, please reply to the following questions:

1. Have you installed all pending Windows updates on your PC?

2. Do you get any error message with this game?

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the game and check if it resolves the issue.

If issue persists, make sure your Firewall / Anti-virus
    isn't blocking the game. The steps to unblock the Elder Scrolls, will vary depending on the anti-virus or firewall software that you use. Refer to the documentation for your anti-virus or firewall software to open the settings and make sure that the
    software is not blocking the game.

Hope this information helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Nov 16, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Mikarugi,

BSOD playing Elder Scrolls Online on higher than Low Settings [​IMG]
    Warning Programs that claim to update your drivers install either the wrong or corrupted drivers.
    If you have installed any driver with Driver Talent, please remove them as it may cause trouble.

Please check Acer for BIOS updates.

Please uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from Nvidia. Be sure the clean install box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys 0: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm start end module name fffff800`8bba0000 fffff800`8c694000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Timestamp: Sat Oct 03 04:08:52 2015 (560F38B4) CheckSum: 00ABDFB7 ImageSize: 00AF4000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. Mikarugi Win User
    Please check Acer for BIOS updates.

Please uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from Nvidia. Be sure the clean install box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys 0: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm start end module name fffff800`8bba0000 fffff800`8c694000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Timestamp: Sat Oct 03 04:08:52 2015 (560F38B4) CheckSum: 00ABDFB7 ImageSize: 00AF4000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Sounds good, I think I might have used a driver download software in some form, and if I did I wouldn't be able to remember which drivers it downloaded. When I get home tonight (On my laptop right now) I'll try uninstalling every nvidia driver (I tried uninstalling and re-installing just the graphics driver before, not all of it) and if it doesn't fix the problem, would a factory reset of my computer fix the problem? Since I can't remember the drivers that were installed it might be faster after I back up my hard drive.

Mikarugi, Nov 17, 2015
  6. Mikarugi Win User
    Okay, so I used Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode to uninstall my Nvidia drivers, the went to Nvida and got the most recent driver for my GTX745 (Which was version 358.91). Installed only graphics and PhysX and made sure Clean was checked, then after I restarted my computer. Loaded up ESO to check and I still got the same issue as before, game froze then computer restarted. Attached is a new ZIP file with one more minidump file from the crash that just occurred.

Attachment 48942

I checked the ACER site for BIOS updates, but for my model there was only one from 2013, so I don't think that's the problem, that said I don't know much about these things, should I do something with my BIOS anyway?

I can confirm that I have driver talent on my computer, thus I most likely used it, but cannot remember what drivers I would have gotten with it. Is there any way to find out so I can uninstall them? That may also be a potential cause.

I would like to have this issue fixed by Thursday night but am willing to be patient, thanks for the help so far and I hope to figure out the issue in due time.

Mikarugi, Nov 17, 2015
  7. You should probably remove Driver Talent. It sounds like your computer is older, and not able to find good drivers. Does the Acer website list any available drivers for your model and Windows 10 for you?

DustSailor, Nov 17, 2015
  8. Mikarugi Win User

I already removed it, and the model may be somewhat old but I got this computer about 6 months ago. That said, the only drivers On the site there is not an option for Windows 10

Mikarugi, Nov 17, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    If you have some time, go through the devices and see where you may can revert the drivers. Reverting the drivers may remove the corrupted onces.
    Please don't forget to note the onces you revert, that'll help a lot for us.

10. Mikarugi Win User
    I went into device manager and looked for all drivers that gave me the option to roll back and did so to all of them. Then tried the game again, it started to freeze for a few seconds then resume control and continued to do this every few seconds, there was no crash but this was also a common problem I had before, basically if it did not crash it does this instead, I should have mentioned that in the first post. Note that this freezing behavior persists after I close the game (As I am typing this the screen freezes but I can still type, text appears after) If I restart it goes away. THus I feel rolling back the drivers still has not fixed my issue, that said, here are all the device drivers I rolled back and what they were listed as in device manager after I rolled them back (There was one I missed to record)

Intel Device (One I missed to record, it was something like this but I can't remember)
    Intel(R) 4th Gen Core Processor DRAM Controller > PCI Standard Host CPU Bridge
    Intel(R) Series/C220 Series PCI Express Root Port #1 > PCI Express Root Port Properties
    Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Series PCI Express Root Port #8 - 8C1E > PCI Express Root Port Properties
    Intel(R) B85 LPC Controller - 8C50 > PCI Standard ISA bridge
    Intel(R) Xeon(R) processor E3-1200 v3/4th gen core processor PCI Express x16 Controller - 0C01 > PCI Express Root Properties
    Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-V
    Realtek 8821AE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC

Mikarugi, Nov 17, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    Please try to update these drivers through device manager.

12. Mikarugi Win User
    Okay, done, should I test to see if the issue is resolved or is there something else I could do first?

Mikarugi, Nov 17, 2015
  13. axe0 New Member

Just test your system *Smile

14. Mikarugi Win User
    Same thing happened, game froze every few seconds and the freezing persisted when the game was closed. This time though there was no sound in game.

Mikarugi, Nov 17, 2015
  15. axe0 New Member
    Just to prevent mistakes about your system specs, I need you to fill in your system specs with the specs of the pc you are having trouble with. This would be very helpful as the logs don't have all the system specs of your pc.
    Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

Thema:

1. BSOD playing Elder Scrolls Online on higher than Low Settings - Similar Threads - BSOD playing Elder

2. Can microsoft list Elder scrolls Online on the windows microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can microsoft list Elder scrolls Online on the windows microsoft store.: I spent thousands on the xbox platform when it comes to elder scrolls online. Im no longer on xbox console only pc, and the only way to access my game data is thru the microsoft server. obviously the game has yet to be listed in the "Windows Microsoft Store".meanwhile...
  3. Can microsoft list Elder scrolls Online on the windows microsoft store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can microsoft list Elder scrolls Online on the windows microsoft store.: I spent thousands on the xbox platform when it comes to elder scrolls online. Im no longer on xbox console only pc, and the only way to access my game data is thru the microsoft server. obviously the game has yet to be listed in the "Windows Microsoft Store".meanwhile...
  4. elder scroll

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    elder scroll: hello i bought a game from microsoft store on pc after installing the game does not open dew that is missing some file what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/elder-scroll/1cf303de-7f19-420e-8272-2cfafc1b6a5a
  5. Freezes in The Elder Scrolls Online

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezes in The Elder Scrolls Online: Hello, I am currently playing the game The Elde Scrolls Online and experience frequent crashes in a specific game mode. I contacted the Bethesda support and after a few messages back and forth they pointed out an error message in a system report I sent them and told me that...
  6. Free Play Days: The Elder Scrolls Online and Rainbow Six Siege

in Windows 10 News
    Free Play Days: The Elder Scrolls Online and Rainbow Six Siege: [ATTACH] This week, we have some exciting games to announce for the Free Play Days event! To make it even better, both games will be available for Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members to play for a whole week. Starting today, The Elder Scrolls Online is...
  7. Play The Elder Scrolls Online Free Dec. 6-12 with Xbox Live Gold

in Windows 10 News
    Play The Elder Scrolls Online Free Dec. 6-12 with Xbox Live Gold: [ATTACH] Xbox Live Gold members can play The Elder Scrolls Online and experience Tamriel like never before during our Free Play Event! Get ready to experience an ever-expanding story in a persistent Elder Scrolls world. The Elder Scrolls Online Free Play Event will begin...
  8. BSOD with Elder scrolls online! Thread stuck in device driver??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with Elder scrolls online! Thread stuck in device driver??: I recently downloaded a new game. Elder scrolls online. I launch it, it loads then. BAM BSOD I've done my best to keep it all up to date but this hurts. Please let me know what logs you would like given reguarding my pc and I will give them 84062
  9. BSOD playing Elder Scrolls Online; "Thread Stuck in Device Driver"

BSOD playing Elder Scrolls Online; "Thread Stuck in Device Driver": Hello, I've been having an issue with BSODs. Usually it happens while playing a game, such as ESO or Morrowind, but sometimes it happens in other cases. The error code is "Thread Stuck in Device Driver." Since it usually happens while playing graphics-intensive games, I have...
  10. BSOD While Playing Elder Scrolle Online

BSOD While Playing Elder Scrolle Online: Hello! Been getting a __lot__ of display driver crashes, mostly while playing Elder Scrolls Online, but sometimes other games as well, and sometimes while just watching a Youtube video! Some snippets from Event Viewer : Code: Fault bucket...