Windows 10: BSOD playing Elder Scrolls Online; "Thread Stuck in Device Driver"

Discus and support BSOD playing Elder Scrolls Online; "Thread Stuck in Device Driver" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having an issue with BSODs. Usually it happens while playing a game, such as ESO or Morrowind, but sometimes it happens in other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FLambda, Jan 10, 2017.

1. FLambda Win User

BSOD playing Elder Scrolls Online; "Thread Stuck in Device Driver"

Hello, I've been having an issue with BSODs. Usually it happens while playing a game, such as ESO or Morrowind, but sometimes it happens in other cases. The error code is "Thread Stuck in Device Driver." Since it usually happens while playing graphics-intensive games, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling my graphics driver with Display Driver Uninstaller, but the problem persists. Below are system specs and system minidumps from over the past month.

Attachment 116721

:)

FLambda, Jan 10, 2017

2. Win32kbase.sys BSOD

Hello Community,

I'm here today to ask for help with a problem that has plagued my desktop.

I have recently tried to play a game called "Elder Scrolls Online" and have experienced a form of a "Memory Leak" fallowed sometimes by a win32kbase.sys BSOD. (The Elder Scrolls support Isn't making any progress on this)

I fear that I've exhausted all my options at this point (Even a clean OS Install).

Please help me with this issue.

Thank you for your time.

Devin C Smith

Devin__Smith, Jan 10, 2017
  3. Everytime i play roblox on my PC it stops with a blue screen saying "STOP CODE-THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER" but every other game works perfectly fine

1.i play roblox | 2. it stops with blue screen | 3."STOP CODE-THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER"

ZachMegahan, Jan 10, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello Flambda and welcome to TenForums *Smile

I notice that you have not updated the BIOS on your Inspiron 5545 and it is quite old. There is a newer version available and it could make a difference.

philc43, Jan 10, 2017
  5. FLambda Win User
    Thanks. *Smile I've actually been reading here (in the tutorial section) for quite a while, this is just the first time I've had a need to make a post about a problem.

Looking at the change log for the updated BIOS, the only thing listed is:

"Enhancements:
    • Update SMM runtime support"
    I'm guessing SMM is "System Management Mode." Is that something that would cause this kind of hanging? Because I don't want to risk flashing my BIOS without any actual need.

FLambda, Jan 10, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    BIOS updates can include many subtle changes that are not always documented. I would have thought an SMM update could enhance the compatibility with W10 but I admit I don't really know if this is going to cure your BSOD.

philc43, Jan 11, 2017
  7. FLambda Win User
    True though that may be, I'd rather check other options first, see if there are more specific errors. I've always been of the understanding that you should update your BIOS only with a good reason, like if the change log specifically addresses a problem you're having.

Because it only affects me while I'm playing a game, and not while doing any actual work, if updating the BIOS is the only thing that can be done, then I think I'd rather just live with it than risk bricking the thing. However, I'm fairly certain there could be other things that could be causing the problem. Even though I updated the graphics driver, there could be things I haven't tried. Or, it's possible that it's not the graphics driver, but a different driver that's causing the problem, but it only manifests when sufficient load is put on the computer. Hopefully someone that can interpret the dumps can let me know what the problem is.

FLambda, Jan 12, 2017
  8. philc43 Win User

I did look at the crash dump files but they all suggest a problem with the graphics driver which you have already tried to sort out by updating your drivers. I would add that it is much better to remove all the Catalyst Control Centre software and just install the driver if you have not done this.

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD playing Elder Scrolls Online; "Thread Stuck in Device Driver" - Similar Threads - BSOD playing Elder

2. BSOD : Thread stuck in device driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD : Thread stuck in device driver: I recently got my pc built and I've noticed that when I'm playing games or doing other stuff, it sometimes starts to feel a little choppy and laggy-ish and then it crashes giving the error Thread Stuck in Device DriverIt has happened alot of times with me, it works perfectly...
  3. BSOD thread stuck in device driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD thread stuck in device driver: Hi, I have been getting the BSOD on my new pc. Here are the specs: Motherboard: asrock b450m hdv r4.0 Bios version p3.70 Cpu: ryzen 3 3200g part # yd3200c5fhbox Ram: 1x8gb gskill aegis 3000 mhz Ssd: kingston 120gb Psu: 400watt Os: windows 10 pro fully updated Drivers:...
  4. Freezes in The Elder Scrolls Online

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezes in The Elder Scrolls Online: Hello, I am currently playing the game The Elde Scrolls Online and experience frequent crashes in a specific game mode. I contacted the Bethesda support and after a few messages back and forth they pointed out an error message in a system report I sent them and told me that...
  5. Thread stuck in device driver BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thread stuck in device driver BSOD: Hello everyone, I have been having this error while playing X-Plane 11. I am reinstalling it as I am typing. I updated all my drivers to the newest version including my RX Vega 54. I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me?...
  6. BSOD with Elder scrolls online! Thread stuck in device driver??

BSOD with Elder scrolls online! Thread stuck in device driver??: I recently downloaded a new game. Elder scrolls online. I launch it, it loads then. BAM BSOD I've done my best to keep it all up to date but this hurts. Please let me know what logs you would like given reguarding my pc and I will give them 84062
  7. BSOD Thread stuck in device driver

BSOD Thread stuck in device driver: Here is my computer: A10-7850K 3.7GHz Quad-Core, FBM-02 MicroATX Mini Tower - System Build - PCPartPicker Occasionally when I'm multitasking on the computer, it will have this error: Attachment 99662 I will attach all logs in a compressed file for your viewing pleasure:...
  8. BSOD Thread stuck In Device Driver

BSOD Thread stuck In Device Driver: Every so often (once every two or three weeks) it's quite random, normally when playing games. The game normally freezes and then the BSOD occurs. I am quite good with computers on the basic side of things but all this BSOD solving seems quite complicated so I might get a...
  9. BSOD playing Elder Scrolls Online on higher than Low Settings

BSOD playing Elder Scrolls Online on higher than Low Settings: This isn't the only game I've had this issue, I have also had it on Heroes of the Storm (Which also worked on low settings) and Star Wars Battlefront Beta (Did not test on lower settings) There was no BSOD, but computer crashed and restarted so the error should be similar...
  10. BSOD While Playing Elder Scrolle Online

BSOD While Playing Elder Scrolle Online: Hello! Been getting a __lot__ of display driver crashes, mostly while playing Elder Scrolls Online, but sometimes other games as well, and sometimes while just watching a Youtube video! Some snippets from Event Viewer : Code: Fault bucket...