Windows 10: BSOD playing games - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ntkrnlmp.exe)

Discus and support BSOD playing games - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ntkrnlmp.exe) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been seeing intermittent BSOD's for the last couple of months now whilst playing games, always IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL message codes, but never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BigTee, Aug 20, 2016.

1. BigTee Win User

BSOD playing games - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ntkrnlmp.exe)

I have been seeing intermittent BSOD's for the last couple of months now whilst playing games, always IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL message codes, but never any more information.
    I've read that this is usually caused by bad drivers accessing invalid memory, but I can't determine which driver is causing the problem.

I've tried my hand at debugging the minidump file, but this isn't my forte, I'm hoping someone on here might be able to make more progress.

It did seem to be happening with 'older' games initially, do I thought it might have been a DirectX issue, as I seem to recall that windows 10 doesn't directly support dx9, but it's also started happening on newer games also.

The component at fault is reported as 'ntkrnlmp.exe' but I'm guessing that is not the real culprit.

A couple of weeks ago I backed up data from my desktop to my laptop and fresh installed windows 10 (as I had previously been on an upgraded versions from 7), but the blue screens have returned, which I reckon either means windows is automatically installing a bad driver, or something else is driving it to fault.

When I restarted my PC after the last blue screen, my BIOS errored reporting that the CPU temp was too high. When I got a new cpu 5/6 months ago I did have to scrape off and re-apply thermal paste to re-use my radiator, so there's a chance I didn't do that as well as I could have - Before I go re-applying the paste I just wanted to know if it was possible for cpu overheat to cause this kind of BSOD - it looks to be a software issue.

Thanks, any help in this matter is very much appreciated and any more details required I can provide.
    Fraser

:)

BigTee, Aug 20, 2016

2. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ntkrnlmp.exe)

Figured it out i think. Uninstalled Realtek and Nvidia driver and downloaded the latest ones

MarkusViji, Aug 20, 2016
  3. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ntkrnlmp.exe)

Hi.

Sadly none of that works. There is a specific crash which keeps happening related to ntkrnlmp.exe.

I uploaded the dump file, someone who knows how to read can tell me what exactly is happening.

MarkusViji, Aug 20, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi BigTee,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Could you please upload the kernel dump located in C:\Windows\MEMORY.dmp to a 3rd party uploader like onedrive, google drive, dropbox or a similar service and post a share link in your next reply.

I hope the memory dump has a little more to go on than the minidump, the minidump is basically useless.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.How to fill in your system specs:

BSOD playing games - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ntkrnlmp.exe) [​IMG]

BSOD playing games - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ntkrnlmp.exe) [​IMG]

5. BigTee Win User
    Hi Axe0,

Thanks for the response - I've updated my system specs thanks.
    I've also uploaded my memory dump file here, hopefully it can provide more information.

The blue screens also don't seem to register an event of any sort, I only ever see critical system events that occur on boot after the crash, which just logs that the system didn't shut down correctly.

BigTee, Aug 21, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Although there still isn't much to go on, there are 2 drivers flagged
    Please reinstall or update the network drivers through ASUS.

Please uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from Nvidia. Be sure the clean install box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver, you can use this tutorial for the installation part *Arrow NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Attachment 97673
    Code: 2: kd> lmvm e1d65x64 Browse full module list start end module name fffff807`37550000 fffff807`375d5000 e1d65x64 (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: e1d65x64.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\e1d65x64.sys Image name: e1d65x64.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Thu Aug 13 11:14:29 2015 (55CC5FF5) CheckSum: 00088F32 ImageSize: 00085000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4 2: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm Browse full module list start end module name fffff807`37770000 fffff807`384c1000 nvlddmkm (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Mon Jul 11 00:20:31 2016 (5782CA2F) CheckSum: 00D0B030 ImageSize: 00D51000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

7. BigTee Win User
    Thanks Axe0,

I've done as you suggested, clean installed the graphics drivers, and re-installed the Intel Gigabit Ethernet drivers which were suggested from the mobo page.

I'll respond to this thread again if I get another BSOD, or if I don't see another I'll come back to resolve it.

Thanks again.

BigTee, Aug 22, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Alright *Smile

You're welcome *Smile

9. BigTee Win User
    I've been quite busy this week and not had a chance to play much.
    Unfortunately I've been playing this weekend and seen two already.
    After the first I noticed windows 10 had forced an update the night before, so I rolled it back to restore it, however I still got another crash after.

I'm tempted just to re-install windows 7 though, never had these problems with that OS!

BigTee, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD playing games - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ntkrnlmp.exe) - Similar Threads - BSOD playing games

2. frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp: Hello it's been a while that my pc suddenyl, and without a proper pattern sometimes even by just standing still gets a bsod and pc shuts down totally. I have everything updated, all drivers and even the bios of the mobo but the problem persists. here's the dump For analysis...
  3. BSOD While playing Video Games / IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD While playing Video Games / IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hey Guys, since this morning i received multiple BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while playing video games. I reinstalled Windows just to be sure and only installed the software i really needed. This Error only appears while playing video games. I already did the Hard...
  4. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD Whilst Playing Some Games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD Whilst Playing Some Games: It has come to my attention as of late that some games, such as GTA V or 7 Days to Die have been triggering the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD upon starting the game, or after a few minutes of being in-game. I used WhoCrashed and found that it had to do with e2xw1.sys, which is...
  5. BSOD While Playing Games, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD While Playing Games, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello all, I've been getting consistent BSODs while playing games, particularly in intensive situations such as high data load or graphics. I've tried updating video drivers to no avail. I would appreciate any insight as to what could be causing this. Thank you in advance!...
  6. BSOD playing games, irql_not_less_or_equal, problem with iaStorAVC.sys

BSOD playing games, irql_not_less_or_equal, problem with iaStorAVC.sys: Hello experts! I've been having some problems while playing games like GTA V. It came recently, but not sure if I installed any new drivers, except a network driver, which I believe I reverted back to a previous version which didn't help. I've made sure windows 10 is up to...
  7. BSOD playing games / rendering videos IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0xA

BSOD playing games / rendering videos IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0xA: HI, I have this problem for a while since upgrading to Win 10 ( free forced upgrade from Win 7 ) It got quite annoying so I did a free install of Win10 to ensure it wasn't old driver etc causing issues left behind from Win 7. I was playing WoW free trail and computer crashed...
  8. BSOD playing random games : irql_not_less_or_equal

BSOD playing random games : irql_not_less_or_equal: Hello, So I'm having BSOD issues for a while now. It can be one in 5 days or 5 in 1 hour. I'm kinda getting pissed with this situation therefore requesting for some help here. I ran Memtest 86 before upgrading to W10 months ago without any issue. Hope people can help....
  9. BSOD Playing Games on Stable Overclock: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD Playing Games on Stable Overclock: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi, I am having some issues with a BSOD when playing games on an overclocked 6600k. The processor itself is be completely stable with a 4.5GHz overlock at 1.296V when stress tested for ~7 hours and through normal use. The BSOD occurs within 30 minutes to 2 hours of gameplay....
  10. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD while playing games

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD while playing games: After 10-30mins I'm getting BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while Im playing lineage 2. I got new PC ASUS ROG GL553VD. I was playing GTA V and Mass Effect before and didnt have got such a problem. I can normally use my PC. I've checked hardware and memory with Windows 10...