Windows 10: BSOD playing GuildWars2, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Discus and support BSOD playing GuildWars2, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, In the past I have gotten this BSOD "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" a couple times but recently it has been almost once an hour. I have read through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kirros, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Kirros Win User

BSOD playing GuildWars2, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi,

In the past I have gotten this BSOD "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" a couple times but recently it has been almost once an hour. I have read through several other threads and gotten the program BlueScreenView and can see that ntoskrnl.exe is mentioned on all of the .dmp files, but couldn't make it further than that in terms of troubleshooting myself. I wish I could because I can tell things are busy around here, and I hate to add to that, but these crashes are starting to become worrying, so I greatly appreciate any help. I uploaded my dm_log_collector .zip to the thread and can provide any additional info if you need.

Thanks!

Attachment 48875

Edit: Thought I would add that my pc was put together by me with little experience about 5-6 years ago. I originally had windows vista on my 500gb HD but I added a 120gb SSD that is running Win10. Only other thing I have changed was my GPU to a GTX 770.

:)

Kirros, Nov 16, 2015

2. New 2520 multiple lockups BSD and reboot

more errors BSOD

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

going to send it back

ramseyjack---01, Nov 16, 2015
  3. AaronAke Win User
    AaronAke, Nov 16, 2015
  4. essenbe Win User

Hello Kirros and welcome to the forums. I will try to help you with this but first I would like you to do something for me. Please completely fill out your system specs wit all components and model numbers. We often have to look a component up and need that info to do so. Be sure to include the model numbers for all components and include your hard drives, PSU, CPU Cooler and any thing else connected to the computer. This will hopefully make it easiew for you.

Please fill out your System Specs

BSOD playing GuildWars2, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION [​IMG]
    Information Your System Specs will help us to help you, and doing it in this manner will make them available to all helpers in every post and keep us from hunting for them. We ask that you fill them out in as much detail as possible including Desktop or Laptop, Model number if it is an OEM computer and all components with the Manufacturer and Model number if possible. If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you do not know what your components are, this will help you accomplish this task. System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

How long ago did you change the GPU and when did your BSOD problem begin? Were the 2 at around the same time? Is there any certain activity you do or program you run that will cause a BSOD to occur? Any information you can provide to help us would be greatly appreciated.

Next please right click on the start icon and select Command prompt administrator, give admin permissions and copy/paste this into the window that opens and press enter sfc /scannow . If you decide to type it in, please notice the space between the sfc and the /. We want it to say no integrity violations were found. If it says there where corrupt files that could not be repaired, please reboot and run it again. You may have to run it 3 times with reboots in between each time.

essenbe, Nov 17, 2015
  5. essenbe Win User
    Your dump files are not very forthcoming. I can tell you that when ntkrnlmp or ntoskrnl is listed, that is not the cause. In looking at you dump files, I am getting a lot of these

Code: Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 133, {1, 1e00, 0, 0} Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE ) Followup: MachineOwner[/quote] What I do get is

Code: Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 133, {1, 1e00, 0, 0} Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+a480 ) Followup: MachineOwner --------- 6: kd> !analyze -v ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133) The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000000001, The system cumulatively spent an extended period of time at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. The offending component can usually be identified with a stack trace. Arg2: 0000000000001e00, The watchdog period. Arg3: 0000000000000000 Arg4: 0000000000000000 Debugging Details:[/quote] If you are overclocking anything, please set everything to default levels.. Please use software to keep a close watch on your CPU and GPU temps. Also, please go into BIOS and give me the temps of the CPU and motherboard. Also tell me the values of the +12V, +5V and + 3.3V.

Please let me know the results of the scan I asked you to do in the above post. If you have another BSOD, please upload the DM Log collector again. Also, did you do the upgrade in the past few days? If you don't know, please hold down the Windows Key and press R, in the run box type winver. If you did the upgrade it will say version 1511 (OS Build 10586.3) Also, how opposed are you to doing a clean install if it is necessary and do you have a spare hard drive?

essenbe, Nov 17, 2015
  6. Kirros Win User

Kirros, Nov 18, 2015
  7. essenbe Win User
    Kirros, it's been a while since I owned a P67 board, but I believe if you go to the Main tab, or Hardware monitor in BIOS, it will have that information on voltages and temps. The info you posted can't be correct. Your computer would not even boot.

Your Graphics card will take temps of 80C, but it is really too high, for me. Have you cleaned the dust out of your computer lately? Are you using Precision X? It has caused me some problems lately, but I have used it for years and love it. You can use it or MSI Afterburner and set a custom fan profile which will help keep the temps down. Those temps are not dangerous, but as I recall, that is the point where the 700 cards begin to throttle.

essenbe, Nov 18, 2015
  8. essenbe Win User

Also, from your dumps. I am still getting

Code: Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 133, {1, 1e00, 0, 0} Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE ) Followup: MachineOwner[/quote] Which is obviously of little help. But, further looking I find these.

Code: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133) The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000000001, The system cumulatively spent an extended period of time at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. The offending component can usually be identified with a stack trace. Arg2: 0000000000001e00, The watchdog period. Arg3: 0000000000000000 Arg4: 0000000000000000 fffd000`20bd56c8 fffff802`0db0b2b3 nt!MiReplenishBitMap+0x1e3 ffffd000`20bd56d0 fffff801`89c376e2Unable to load image nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm+0x9a76e2 ---------------- ffffd000`e2b23af0 fffff800`7d9a11e4Unable to load image rt640x64.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rt640x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rt640x64.sys rt640x64+0x11e4[/quote] The nvlddmkm.sys are your graphics drivers and the rt640x64.sys are your Realtek NICDRV 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver .

Are you sure your Windows updates working? Your Motherboard does not have Windows 10 drivers.
    I am also getting a lot of errors from your hard drive. You need to make sure your Sandisk SSD's firmware is up to date and if there are any utilities put out by Sandisk to check the operation of your SSD, please check it.

Are you using wireless on the computer?

essenbe, Nov 18, 2015
  9. Kirros Win User
    Sorry for the late reply, been very busy with work. *cry

I was able to find my cpu voltage in the BIOS everything except the 5v reading would sometimes quickly jump to another number and then go back to the original number posted:
    1.192V: +1.2v (sometimes jumped to +1.840v)
    3.3v: +3.344v (sometimes jumped to +3.360v)
    5v: +5.320v
    12v: +12.192v (sometimes jumped to +12.288v)
    And my CPU temp read 35C with my Motherboard temp at 27C.

As for the dust; yes I have recently (about a month before this issue started getting as bad as it is) cleaned out the dust and just opened it up two nights ago and it was still relatively dust-free.
    And thank you for reminding me of Precision X. I had it when I first set up my computer because the original GPU I had came with a manual that said to download it, but after several OS upgrades I had forgotten about it. I will download that now and see if it helps with the temps.

I am not sure what to do about my Motherboard not having Windows 10 drivers, is there something I need to do about that? I assumed by installing Windows 10 that would automatically happen, but my knowledge isn't very expansive on the subject. Also, my Windows updates were apparently not running on their own but I quickly solved that by manually checking for updates and installing them. I now have the build version you mentioned earlier I believe:
    Attachment 49601

As for the hard drive, I searched, found, and ran, Sandisk SSD Toolkit, which detected my SSD but said there was no available firmware update. Which seems odd to me because I have never updated it (that I know of) and have had it for over a year now. It does, however, give me the option to manually update it if I should look into that option. The SSD Toolkit alsohas an option to export data, so I thought I'd post that here should it be useful in any way.
    Code: "Description","Value","ID","Attribute","Current Value","Threshold","Raw Value","Status" "OS","",,,,,, "System Type","64",,,,,, "OS Major Version","6",,,,,, "OS Minor Version","2",,,,,, "OS Build Number","9200",,,,,, "OS CSD Version","",,,,,, "Processor (CPU)","'Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz'",,,,,, "CPU Count","8",,,,,, "Installed Memory (RAM)","16365",,,,,, "Computer Name","ETHAN-PC",,,,,, "Model","SanDisk SDSSDXP120G",,,,,, "Serial Number","133878401383",,,,,, "Firmware Revision","R1311",,,,,, "ATA Major Version","ATA8-ACS",,,,,, "ATA Minor Version","ATA8-ACS version 6",,,,,, "SATA Generation","3",,,,,, "Worldwide Naming","5001B44A375B4567",,,,,, "Supported Features","DSM (TRIM), SMART, Security, NCQ, APM",,,,,, "","","05","Retired Block Count","100","","0","N/A" "","","09","Power On Hours","253","","3769","N/A" "","","0C","Device Power Cycle Count","100","","341","N/A" "","","AB","Program Fail Count","100","","0","N/A" "","","AC","Erase Fail Count","100","","0","N/A" "","","AE","Unexpected Power Loss Count","100","","79","N/A" "","","BB","Reported Uncorrectable Errors","100","","0","N/A" "","","C2","Temperature","76","","24","N/A" "","","E6","Life Curve Status","100","","","N/A" "","","F1","Lifetime Writes to Host","253","","6017","N/A" "","","F2","Lifetime Reads from Host","253","","4325","N/A"[/quote]
    No I am connected via Ethernet cable directly to my modem.

I did just get on and start up Guild Wars again after the update finished and it did still crash, sadly. So I'm guessing that didn't fix the issue. I attached my Logs again just in case they might provide any info.

Attachment 49605

Kirros, Nov 20, 2015
  10. essenbe Win User
    Kirros, don't worry about the time between posting I realize real life gets in the way at times. I suffer that fate as well on occasion. This is what your dump file says

Code: Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 133, {1, 1e00, 0, 0} Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE ) Followup: MachineOwner[/quote] The only thing I could see was that your graphics drivers/card was listed along the way quite frequently. Please download the latest drivers from Nvidia to your desktop. Uninstall your current Graphics drivers, making sure that your graphics drivers are the last to be uninstalled. It will ask to reboot, do so. Upon entering the desktop, please start the Nvidia installer. Agree to everything until you get the option to custom install, choose custom. Pleas make sure the 'clean install' box is checked, uncheck everything in the list except the Graphics driver and PhysX. Install nothing else. Try that and see.

Many of the graphics problems specifically mentioned Vdimm which, as I understand it, is the voltage sent to your graphics ram. Also, do you BSOD in anything other than Guild Wars?

When I said there were no Windows 10 drivers for your board, I meant that Asus didn't provide Windows 10 drivers for it. It was not that none exist. Make sure your Windows updates are run frequently.

essenbe, Nov 20, 2015
  11. Kirros Win User
    So I used Display Driver Uninstaller to boot into safe mode and completely uninstall my graphics drivers, rebooted and performed a clean install of just the graphics and physx drivers, and restarted one more time for good measure. Shortly after I still crashed and have crashed maybe two more times since then. I am running precisionX now too, which is keeping the temp down. Also I have not crashed while doing anything other than Guild Wars 2 but I haven't really used my computer for much other than that at the moment. The few times I've played other games I haven't crashed during them, however. Attached the logs.

Attachment 49874

Kirros, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD playing GuildWars2, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - Similar Threads - BSOD playing GuildWars2

2. BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation: This is the 4th time in a row Below is obtained from BlueScreenView Code: ================================================== Dump File : 100219-34359-01.dmp Crash Time : 02-10-2019 11:14:48 Bug Check String : Bug Check Code : 0x00000133 Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000...
  3. BSOD playing Overwatch; error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSOD playing Overwatch; error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi Guys, Recently I have been experiencing freezes which is sometimes followed up by a BSOD with the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error code. Been looking through many solutions to regarding this error and none of them have helped, including changing the SATA/AHCI drivers to the...
  4. DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD help when playing games

DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD help when playing games: Hi, my PC recently got this DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD while I was playing games like CS:GO or GTA5. The BSOD comes unexpectedly in between 5 mins~2 hours of gaming it's really annoying. FYI I've tried checking system files (sfc scannow), switching SATA/AHCI controllers...
  5. BSOD dpc_watchdog_violation

BSOD dpc_watchdog_violation: Hello I'm having issues with Win10, i'm experiencing this BSOD, it has happened twice now randomly. The last software change I did was to update my video from this "amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit", to this one "radeon-crimson-16.3.2-win10-64bit". BEfore the driver...
  6. BSOD playing guildwars2, error: IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL

BSOD playing guildwars2, error: IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL: Multiple BSOD's, I installed windows 8 initially (had a windows 8 installation CD), then upgraded to windows 10 Pro for free after a few hours (this is a new build - 1 or 2 weeks old). Generally crashes after running for at least 5/10 minutes. Last crash was while running GW2...
  7. BSOD "dpc_watchdog_violation" when playing videos

BSOD "dpc_watchdog_violation" when playing videos: Hello, As many on the Internet, I have a BSOD when watching videos on Netflix, and sometimes on YouTube (it happens more often on Netflix than on YouTube). I read some threads about it, then I checked my graphic card drivers (there are up to date) and Windows Update,...
  8. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION playing Guild Wars 2

BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION playing Guild Wars 2: Hey guys, sometimes while playing Guild Wars 2 i experience a sudden freeze. It is impossible to open the task manager or anything else. Shortly after that, the BSOD appears. I add the diagnostic information and hope you can help me! If you need any other information, I...
  9. BSOD playing Battlefield 1, error 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSOD playing Battlefield 1, error 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi there! I just got my Asus Strix 1070 yesterday, updated the bios for the micron memory fix, and today, after playing a long session of Battlefield 1, I got a "DPC Watchdog Violation" Bluescreen 0x133. Can anyone help me fix this issue? The GPU never goes hotter than...
  10. BSOD playing Hearthstone, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSOD playing Hearthstone, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hello. I've been having many BSODs while playing Hearthstone. It firstly freezes then the BSOD screen exists. I updated my graphic card driver and others, but didn't change anything. It's usually DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and minidump files indicate ntoskrnl.exe . Any help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. watchdog error with GW2