Windows 10: BSOD playing Overwatch, DRIVE_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (cmudaxp.sys)

Discus and support BSOD playing Overwatch, DRIVE_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (cmudaxp.sys) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello - Over the last week or two, I will get hit with the BSOD while playing Overwatch. The BSOD will read "DRIVE_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by asiedlecki, Jul 8, 2016.

1. BSOD playing Overwatch, DRIVE_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (cmudaxp.sys)

Hello -

Over the last week or two, I will get hit with the BSOD while playing Overwatch. The BSOD will read "DRIVE_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (cmudaxp.sys)." I have tried going through the standard process of updating the obvious drivers but the problem still persists. I have attached my DMP file. Any and all help to resolve this issue would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Attachment 89193

:)

asiedlecki, Jul 8, 2016

2. Getting a Blue Screen of Death from DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, I think.

Hello, I've recently been having a large frequency of BSODs all of a sudden. Most occurred after I played the game "Overwatch", but it has begun to occur simply from trying to use some resource-intensive (I doubt more intensive than Overwatch though) software
    as well.

If my memory serves me correctly, I believe the most recent BSOD was a "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE", but I think I might have seen a "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR" or something too.

For now, I'm going to try updating my graphics driver.

On a side note. when I play Overwatch, I have seen the internal temperature hit anywhere from 65 to 80 degrees Celsius. Should I dust my laptop? I believe I need to use compressed air or something.

DMP and NFO files link:

BSOD Files – Google Drive

A Cynical Asian, Jul 8, 2016
  3. Ar Rom Win User
    BSOD While Playing Overwatch & While Streaming (Ntoskrnl.exe & "KMODE_Exception_Not_Handled")

Hi,

Thank you for providing a detailed and complete description of the issue. The Kmode_exception_not_handled error can sometimes be caused by missing drivers. For us to fix this issue, we recommend to install the missing drivers by following these steps:

1. Press Windows Key + X then choose Device Manager from the menu.

2. When Device Manager opens, find any unknown devices, right click them and choose Update Driver Software.

3. Choose "Search automatically for updated driver software." If that doesn’t work, you may want to try the "Browse my computer for driver software" option instead.

4. After you’ve installed all the missing drivers, check if the issue is resolved.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, Jul 8, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

BSOD playing Overwatch, DRIVE_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (cmudaxp.sys)

The cmudaxp.sys driver is related to your ASUS Xonar DG sound card. The driver is quite old.

Code: 0: kd> lmvm cmudaxp Browse full module list start end module name fffff801`b6340000 fffff801`b6502000 cmudaxp T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: cmudaxp.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\cmudaxp.sys Image name: cmudaxp.sys Timestamp: Fri Jul 23 10:55:38 2010 (4C49671A) CheckSum: 00137D2B ImageSize: 001C2000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Please try updating this driver, I think I have found the right page for you: https://www.asus.com/support/Download/21/1/0/6/FiWODUF4uhiJVJKD/45/

philc43, Jul 8, 2016
  5. Thanks, Philc43!

I will update the driver and let you know if the issue is resolved. Fingers crossed!

asiedlecki, Jul 8, 2016
  6. Updated Audio driver and just got hit with another BSOD. Same text on BSOD ..."DRIVE_IRQL_.....(cmudaxp.sys)." Find updated DMP file attached. Any ideas...Attachment 89227

asiedlecki, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD playing Overwatch, DRIVE_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (cmudaxp.sys)

1. BSOD playing Overwatch, DRIVE_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (cmudaxp.sys) - Similar Threads - BSOD playing Overwatch

2. BSOD when starting or playing Overwatch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when starting or playing Overwatch: Hello there,I'm getting bluescreens sometimes when I play Overwatch or when I am starting it.It happens randomly and I already checked my ssd and inserted new RAM into the computer.Also I tried to reinstall Windows and reinstalled / updated all drivers.Could you help me to...
  3. BSOD when starting or playing Overwatch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when starting or playing Overwatch: Hello there,I'm getting bluescreens sometimes when I play Overwatch or when I am starting it.It happens randomly and I already checked my ssd and inserted new RAM into the computer.Also I tried to reinstall Windows and reinstalled / updated all drivers.Could you help me to...
  4. BSOD When playing Overwatch 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD When playing Overwatch 2: Hi there,I've been getting the BSOD with the label DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when playing Overwatch 2 frequently. I've searched it and some say it's a driver issue but I'm not sure.Here are the files:Dump FilesmsinfoThanks so much!...
  5. BSOD playing Overwatch, error L1C63x64.sys

BSOD playing Overwatch, error L1C63x64.sys: Hi all, I have been experiencing this BSOD: Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal, L1C63x64.sys for a few months now. When it happens, it is only when I am in the middle of gaming (Overwatch). After some research, I see that there are many of the same problems with my ethernet...
  6. BSOD playing overwatch ntoskrnl related?

BSOD playing overwatch ntoskrnl related?: Hello, I recently got a new graphics card, as well as upgrading my OS to windows ten. However before and after these actions I receive various BSODs but only while playing Overwatch. Looking into it they seem to be related to the ntoskrnl.exe process, but I may be...
  7. BSOD playing Overwatch; Now stuck in boot loop with WDF01000.sys fail

BSOD playing Overwatch; Now stuck in boot loop with WDF01000.sys fail: Hello TenForums, I was hoping someone could address an issue I was having today. The issues cropped up a month ago or so with a few BSOD detailing a Security_Kernel_Error. Then it went silent for awhile. However, just last night while playing Overwatch I got a BSOD,...
  8. BSOD playing League of Legends / Overwatch

BSOD playing League of Legends / Overwatch: I keep getting blue screens and I did my own basic research on the errors and have had no luck. If I could get some help on this it would be much appreciated. 62318
  9. BSOD Playing Overwatch, Whea_uncorrectable_error

BSOD Playing Overwatch, Whea_uncorrectable_error: Hey everyone, I got my very first BSOD when i am playing overwatch. I'm using my laptop almost 2 years. Windows 10 x64, 8Gb ram, Intel i7-5700hq 2.7ghz. And using One Hdd, one ssd and """ m2-pci express ssd on m2 port. my computer brand says it s not supported at m2-pci...
  10. BSODs playing Overwatch, multiple codes

BSODs playing Overwatch, multiple codes: Hi all, I've recently started playing Overwatch, and it's been resulting in BSODs and crashes every so often, making the game pretty difficult to play (it's also happened once during Far Cry 3 recently, which is strange, since I had been running that game fine for the most...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. overwatch irql_not_less_or_equal

2. overwacth pc driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

3. Driver IRQL not less or equal what fail is cmudaxp.sys