Windows 10: BSOD Playing Path of Exile (ntoskrnl.exe) and Diablo 3(tcipip.sys)

Discus and support BSOD Playing Path of Exile (ntoskrnl.exe) and Diablo 3(tcipip.sys) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, I have a fresh Windows 10 install recently, near the end of July, everything seemed okay until August 3rd when I got my first BSOD while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Xinef, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Xinef Win User

BSOD Playing Path of Exile (ntoskrnl.exe) and Diablo 3(tcipip.sys)

Hi there,

I have a fresh Windows 10 install recently, near the end of July, everything seemed okay until August 3rd when I got my first BSOD while playing Path of Exile.

The 2nd BSOD, I got just about 15 minutes ago playing Diablo 3, but it was related to tcpip.sys, which from what I read, is in regards to the NIC driver. I went ahead and updated the driver, so at this point, not sure if this one is fixed.

Previously, I had Windows 7 and would also get random BSODs, so I decided to just do a fresh install and get Windows 10 to see if it makes a difference. I am leaning towards hardware issue, but am hoping its not the case as my Motherboard, CPU and 2 out of my 4 Ram sticks are less 6 months old. I will find time to run MemTest soon to make sure it's not the issue. But for now, I hope someone here can take a look and narrow down the issue.

Thank you in advanced.

:)

Xinef, Aug 8, 2016

2. Windows 10 BSOD help

hey,

Yes, whenever i alternated between path of exile game and chrome browser, windows would bsod. Also i found out if i opened the Geforce Experience Software, sometimes Windows would bsod.

I should add that the last couple days i tried unninstalling the whole NVIDIA software package, and reinstalled just the geforce driver, and that seemed to stop the path of exile from crashing windows.

Fernando_847, Aug 8, 2016
  3. Windows 10 BSOD help

Update:

It BSOD again. Same thing as before, Im playing Path of Exile, then alt tab to chrome. when i alt tab back to the game the screen freezes in a black window. Then i ctrl alt del to kill the game process, and BSOD.

minidump: 122715-5796-01.dmp

Fernando_847, Aug 8, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Latest dump indicates a couple problems:
    Code: fffff801`0891b220 fffff800`9e128240Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm+0x698240[/quote] This belongs to your Nvidia driver. The dxdiag output shows you have two NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 cards. If so, are you running in SLI mode? If you are try disabling SLI and see what happens.

Code: fffff801`0891a580 fffff800`9b053210Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\avgwfpa.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgwfpa.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgwfpa.sys avgwfpa+0x33210[/quote] This belongs to AVG anti-virus. Please uninstall AVG and run with the built-in Windows Defender and Windwos Firewall for awhile, see if that helps.

Ztruker, Aug 8, 2016
  5. Xinef Win User
    Thank you looking into this. Odd, only have a Single GTX 980, will have to check into that tomorrow, not sure why its detecting two. I am using dual monitors.

Will remove AVG and try it for a while.

Thanks again!

Xinef, Aug 8, 2016
  6. Xinef Win User
    Just got another BSOD about 5 minutes ago. I wasn't doing anything on the computer, it was on, I had Chrome open with a stream on of an MLB game. Didn't touch anything at all, just randomly went to BSOD screen. I have attached the logs again.

Thank you.

Xinef, Aug 26, 2016
  7. Ztruker Win User
    No new dump in the zip you uploaded. Latest is from 8/8/2016.

SInce it happened when Chrome was runniing, try disabling hardware acceleration in Chrome.

• Open Google Chrome.
    • Click Customize and Control Google Chrome > Settings.
    • Click on "Show advanced settings" and scroll to the "System" section.
    • Uncheck "Use hardware acceleration when available" and restart Google Chrome.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD Playing Path of Exile (ntoskrnl.exe) and Diablo 3(tcipip.sys) - Similar Threads - BSOD Playing Path

2. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  3. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  4. BSOD Playing Path of Exile - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

BSOD Playing Path of Exile - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hello, I have recently been having this BSOD while playing Path of Exile. Initially I thought it was a bad power supply but I bought a new one and still having the same problem. I reinstalled Win10 and uninstalled updates, updated GFX drivers, unplugged peripherals. This...
  5. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  6. Windows Not Responding playing Path of Exile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Not Responding playing Path of Exile: I am playing path of exile in windowed mode however after the last windows update i have noticed that my chrome/taskbar/desktop will not respond after awhile within the game. I can fix this with ctrl alt delete an then exiting back to the menu. This fixes it for some...
  7. Not Responding playing Path of Exile

in Windows 10 Support
    Not Responding playing Path of Exile: I am playing path of exile in windowed mode however after the last windows update i have noticed that my chrome/taskbar/desktop will not respond after awhile within the game. I can fix this with ctrl alt delete an then exiting back to the menu. This fixes it for some...
  8. Diablo 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diablo 3: Blizzard Entertainments Diablo 3 for PC has become awesome again. Patch 2.4 came out Tuesday 1/12/2016 and has some cool new features such as set dugeons and a few new zones and areas. The fun really begins when seasons return with season 5 starting on Friday the 15th. 37352
  9. Diablo 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diablo 3: Anyone besides me a Diablo 3 fanatic? 46752
  10. BSOD while playing Path of Exile

BSOD while playing Path of Exile: I've recently started getting lags, in game crashes and now a BSOD while playing Path of Exile or Thief. It says IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when the BSOD appears. 66312
Tags: