Windows 10: BSOD playing PUBG, DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER, 0xF7

Discus and support BSOD playing PUBG, DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER, 0xF7 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I just recently built this new computer and it's been giving me a few BSOD's while playing PUBG. It's never crashed while normal use. I ran... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by flawless22, Jul 29, 2017.

1. BSOD playing PUBG, DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER, 0xF7

Hello, I just recently built this new computer and it's been giving me a few BSOD's while playing PUBG. It's never crashed while normal use.

I ran MEMTEST overnight and it got three passes.The ram is running on XMP 2.0

I did a fresh reinstall of Windows.I'm using Samsung Evo850 along with ADATA SSD.
    I've also updated the BIOS to the latest version all with all the drivers.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

:)

flawless22, Jul 29, 2017
  2. Anne Fuj Win User

Daily "DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER" BSODs on Windows 10

Thank you for getting back to us with the information.

We apologize for the delay as we are checking in your case thoroughly.

Since the suggested methods above did not change anything, we suggest that you check the resolution provided in this link below. This article contains troubleshooting steps specifically for the error code
    "DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER". See the link below:

Bug Check 0xF7: DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

Let us know how things go so we can further assist you.

Anne Fuj, Jul 29, 2017
  3. IvanColo1 Win User
    windows 10 ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe while gaming

I tried the fix unfortunately no progress still got a ntsokrnl.exe bsod while playing PUBG this morning

IvanColo1, Jul 29, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

BSOD playing PUBG, DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER, 0xF7

Hi

There was 1 bsod minidump file debugged.
    This did not display a definitive misbehaving driver.
    Windows failed fast startup.

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    1) sfc /scannow
    2) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    3) chkdsk /scan

4) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

5) Make sure that there is no over clocking while troubleshooting.

Sometimes there are problems in the bios that produce bsod.
    6) To ensure that there are no improper bios settings please reset the bios.
    Sometimes there can be failure to boot after resetting the bios.

7) So please make sure your files are backed up.

8) Please make a backup image with Macrium:
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free: Macrium Software | Your image is everything

9) And please create a restore point.

How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings:
    How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings

3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow:
    3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow

10) Run memtest86+ version 5.01 for at least 8 runs.
    This may take many hours so plan to run it overnight.
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    When Memtest86+ has completed 8 or more runs use a camera or a smart phone camera to make an image of the results to post into the thread.
    Memory problems. - Microsoft Community
    MemTest86+ - Test RAM Windows 10 BSOD Tutorials

11) turn off windows fast startup:
    Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

12) please post information into the thread about PSU, cooler, case, etc

Code: Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4.[/quote] Code: Problem signatureBSOD playing PUBG, DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER, 0xF7 :p1: CorsairLink4.Service.exe[/quote] Code: Problem signatureBSOD playing PUBG, DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER, 0xF7 :p1: OculusVR.exe[/quote] Code: Problem signatureBSOD playing PUBG, DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER, 0xF7 :p1: pCARS64.exe[/quote] Code: Problem signatureBSOD playing PUBG, DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER, 0xF7 :p1: x64P2: E0000242P3: tmResetMin.inf[/quote]

zbook, Jul 29, 2017
  5. Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063](c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.15063.0Image Version: 10.0.15063.0[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.The operation completed successfully.C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk /scanThe type of the file system is NTFS.Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ... 321024 file records processed.File verification completed. 34066 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed.Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ... 442126 index entries processed.Index verification completed. 0 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...Security descriptor verification completed. 60552 data files processed.CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal... 41830752 USN bytes processed.Usn Journal verification completed.Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.No further action is required. 117115903 KB total disk space. 45392664 KB in 181502 files. 177728 KB in 60553 indexes. 0 KB in bad sectors. 444871 KB in use by the system. 65536 KB occupied by the log file. 71100640 KB available on disk. 4096 bytes in each allocation unit. 29278975 total allocation units on disk. 17775160 allocation units available on disk.C:\WINDOWS\system32>

flawless22, Jul 29, 2017
  6. flawless22, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD playing PUBG, DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER, 0xF7

1. BSOD playing PUBG, DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER, 0xF7 - Similar Threads - BSOD playing PUBG

2. driver_overran_stack_buffer BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    driver_overran_stack_buffer BSOD: I've been experiencing quite a few BSOD as of late, and cannot seem to pinpoint the issue. The computer will crash to the blue screen at seemingly random times. Sometimes it will crash while idle after 5 min of boot time, sometimes it crashes after 30-60 min of gaming. The...
  3. driver_overran_stack_buffer BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    driver_overran_stack_buffer BSOD: I've been experiencing quite a few BSOD as of late, and cannot seem to pinpoint the issue. The computer will crash to the blue screen at seemingly random times. Sometimes it will crash while idle after 5 min of boot time, sometimes it crashes after 30-60 min of gaming. The...
  4. BSOD DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

BSOD DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER: DMP File:https://1drv.ms/u/s!At7yn_S8-Yrfs0gvGlNrW-Exaad6?e=UOr6gn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-driveroverranstackbuffer/124ee9c5-1172-48c8-b45c-e6e9fd81253d
  5. BSOD While Playing PUBG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD While Playing PUBG: When i tried to play PUBG it is freezing on the lobby and if i wait 2-3 minutes the PC giving a bluescreen. 1080p Low Quality Drivers are updated.CPU : R3 2200gGPU : RX570No OCRam 16 GB overclocked 2133 to 3000 from asus bios120 GB m.2...
  6. BSOD While Playing PUBG

BSOD While Playing PUBG: When i tried to play PUBG it is freezing on the lobby and if i wait 2-3 minutes the PC giving a bluescreen. 1080p Low Quality Drivers are updated.CPU : R3 2200gGPU : RX570No OCRam 16 GB overclocked 2133 to 3000 from asus bios120 GB m.2...
  7. Whea_Uncorrectable_Error BSOD while playing PUBG

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Whea_Uncorrectable_Error BSOD while playing PUBG: Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 20H2 (OS Build 19042.870) Issue: My PC keeps on getting BSOD (Whea_Uncorrectable_Error) ONLY HAPPENS WHEN PLAYING PUBG Things Ive done: -Updated drivers -Sfc/Scannow -Chkdsk -Cleared dump files -MEMORY TEST - ALL GOOD -CPU STRESS TET - ALL...
  8. BSOD Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer

BSOD Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer: Recently, I have a BSOD Driver Overran Stack Buffer while playing game. Here is the attached file Attachment 37234 I have in minidump folder for each BSOD. I need help to figure out which problems my computer has pls. My system specs: - Mainboard MSI B85M-E45 - Intel Core...
  9. Endless BSOD when playing PUBG

Endless BSOD when playing PUBG: Hi guys, recently I got plenty of BSODs when playing PUBG. The problems only happen when I play that game. I would appreciate any help. 91578
  10. BSOD on Startup. Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer

BSOD on Startup. Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer: Hey guys, this error just started not to long ago, and it happens to when I boot up my desktop. Once it restarts it boots Windows 10 right up without a problem. Here is the .zip file that is to be attached with each BSOD post Attachment 30300 If you guys need my...