Windows 10: BSOD playing World of Warcraft: Machine Check Exception Error

Discus and support BSOD playing World of Warcraft: Machine Check Exception Error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all, Been dealing with the error for quite some time and haven't figured out how to fix it. So here I am with your expert help. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jungleskye, Feb 19, 2017.

1. BSOD playing World of Warcraft: Machine Check Exception Error

Hello all,

Been dealing with the error for quite some time and haven't figured out how to fix it. So here I am with your expert help.

I am typically playing WoW but this has happened with other games as well, that everything just freezes and then I get the BSOD.

Any help is super appreciated because at this point I am just thinking of building a brand new PC with hopes it goes away lol.

Thank you all!

:)

Jungleskye, Feb 19, 2017

2. BSOD Question *Dump File Included*

Greetings,

Today, while playing World of Warcraft, the game kept crashing giving me an "Error 132" Fatal Exception and also gave me the "referenced memory could not be read" error in the same instance.

I followed some trouble shooting tips and disabled my addons for the game. I was playing it and it was going fine and then I got a true BSOD.

Here is the dump file: 090816-10687-01.zip

I just need help in figuring this out since the return policy on the new computer is getting close.

Patrick Chick, Feb 19, 2017
  3. Most if not all games suffering massive stuttering and lag.

I assume you are talking about World of Warcraft

machine specs would be useful

Hardcore Games™, Feb 19, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

BSOD playing World of Warcraft: Machine Check Exception Error

All the dumps are the same:

Code: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (9c) A fatal Machine Check Exception has occurred.[/quote] From an older thread in 2014: Stop 0x00009C. Suggestions made by Patrick Barker still apply today. Most likely cause is a defective CPU.

Code: There is only so much you can do with a bugcheck like this until it comes down to a faulty processor that will need to be replaced. Start from 1 and work downward: 1. Ensure your temperatures are within standard and nothing's overheating. You can use a program such as Speccy if you'd like to monitor temps - Speccy - System Information - Free Download 2. Clear your CMOS (or load optimized BIOS defaults) to ensure there's no improper BIOS setting - How to Clear CMOS (AKA Reset Bios Settings) 3. Ensure your BIOS is up to date. 4. The only software conflict that can usually cause *9C or *124 bugchecks are OS to BIOS utilities from manufacturer's like Asus' AI Suite, AI Charger software, etc. If you have something like this software-wise, remove it ASAP (which I see you do have Asus software installed). 5. If all of the above fail, the only left to do is replace your processor as it is faulty.[/quote] Are you over-clocking at all? If so, set all clock values to nominal (normal) and see if that helps.

Ztruker, Feb 19, 2017
Thema:

BSOD playing World of Warcraft: Machine Check Exception Error

1. BSOD playing World of Warcraft: Machine Check Exception Error - Similar Threads - BSOD playing World

2. Error 132 when playing World of Warcraft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 132 when playing World of Warcraft: I receive the Error 132 after playing World of Warcraft for various lengths of time. It could be 20 mins to an hour or more. The following errors are showing up in windows leading up to the crash. While there are many reason for this error - I have troubleshooted everything...
  3. BSOD while playing World of Warcraft

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while playing World of Warcraft: When playing World of Warcraft my game crashes randomly. Sometimes resulting in a BSOD like this. Minidump https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkRIjjX48IYVgo1-AZWkmnlKdvisYQ?e=YXrNJD Please help me resolve this! I do not know which driver is causing this issue. I have checked windows...
  4. Constant BSODs while playing World of Warcraft

Constant BSODs while playing World of Warcraft: I have constant BSODs while playing World of Warcraft. I do not have BSODS at any other time. Sometimes the BSOD message is: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Other times: KERNAL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE Any help is appreciated. Ive been having this problem for month and I'm at my...
  5. BSOD while playing World of Warcraft

BSOD while playing World of Warcraft: Can anyone analyze this and tell me what driver was the issue? EDIT 2: Uploaded using the BSOD tool from this forum in case the below doesn't work EDIT: New dump: 123115-13015-01.rar - Google Drive 35815
  6. BSOD while launching or playing World of Warcraft,

BSOD while launching or playing World of Warcraft,: Just this past week I have been getting windows 10 crashes, either at launch or just entering World of Warcraft. I have over 20 tickets with gm's of the game and they have now told me that they have exhausted all their efforts in attempts to help. I pretty much tried...
  7. BSOD while playing world of warcraft

BSOD while playing world of warcraft: I have been getting ingame crashes in world of Warcraft for a few weeks now and also chrome is crashing the blizz techs have told me it may be a corrupt windows instillation so I did a fresh reinstall of windows 10 the other day and I have had a few BSOD they seem fairly...
  8. BSOD World of Warcraft

BSOD World of Warcraft: Hard to put a finger on this BSOD, as it seems like it happens at random, but most of the time when playing World of Warcraft. Also the BSOD is different every time it seems, Mostly Memory Management. Also when it crashes sometimes it has trouble starting back up. But if I...
  9. BSOD Playing World of Warcraft/Second Life

BSOD Playing World of Warcraft/Second Life: This is a new issue.. Until today, everything was working fine. However, when I personally looked at my event viewer, some weird program apparently keeps trying to launch, that I never even installed in the first place "Windows Hello Business" or something like that.. I did...
  10. BSOD playing World of Warcraft, multiple BSOD Instances

BSOD playing World of Warcraft, multiple BSOD Instances: Good Afternoon, In the past couple of months, I've had multiple instances of BSOD and have tried to solve on my own; but to no avail, I have been unsuccessful and I am now here. Here's the BSOD messages that I have seen: 11/17 - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. machine check exception warcraft