Windows 10: BSOD playing World of Warcraft, using Google Chrome + general use

Discus and support BSOD playing World of Warcraft, using Google Chrome + general use in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, I've been getting BSOD from playing WoW, using Google Chrome, and general use of the computer randomly. This started happening around 3 days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sectionlima, Oct 1, 2016.

1. BSOD playing World of Warcraft, using Google Chrome + general use

Hey,

I've been getting BSOD from playing WoW, using Google Chrome, and general use of the computer randomly.
    This started happening around 3 days ago, I just formatted it today to no avail - it's still happening.

Chrome tabs are also constantly going "Aw, Snap!".

I thought it was a memory issue but when I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic, nothing came up.

The graphics driver is also constantly failing before the format.

I've also attached the CBS log from sfc /scannow.

Please help.

Thank you in advance!

:)

sectionlima, Oct 1, 2016
  2. Ratkil Win User

Playing World of Warcraft on Surface Pro 3 and game freezes with Windows 10

Hello again,

I think I have found a work around. As originally posted I do still think this is a driver problem. I have replaced the microsoft driver with the newest Intel driver from their page and haven't had the lock up problem since. To be honest I am not sure
    why microsoft doesn't just use Intel's driver instead of trying to tweak it. Another instance of developers/engineers outsmarting themselves...

I used this page's instructions for process: Installing the latest Intel HD Graphics Driver on Microsoft Surface Pro, Pro 2 and Pro 3 - lifeisabug.com (follow link and do process at your own risk as though I didn't have any problems nobody can guarantee anyone
    else won't.)

Hope it works for everyone.

Ratkil, Oct 1, 2016
  3. Playing World of Warcraft on Surface Pro 3 and game freezes with Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Please provide us the following information:

• Which version of World of Warcraft (WOW) is installed on the computer?

• Were there any changes made in the Computer prior to this issue?

• Do you get any error message?
    Let us place the computer in a clean boot state and check if there are any software conflicts.

Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

Follow the article How to perform a clean boot in Windows in the below link and check if it helps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

NOTE: Once you perform clean boot do refer to the section
    How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting to boot the computer in normal mode.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist further.

Abdul_Malik, Oct 1, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD playing World of Warcraft, using Google Chrome + general use

Troubleshooting a counterfeit installation is useless as it is not known what has been modified to your system.
    A counterfeit installation contains heavily modified code which causes the system to behave in unexpected ways.
    For this reason, analyzing counterfeit systems is unreliable and analysts won't try it.
    I recommend to install a genuine copy of Windows.
    If, after you have installed a genuine copy of Windows, you still get BSOD's we'll be happy to assist you.

Forum Rules

axe0, Oct 1, 2016
Thema:

BSOD playing World of Warcraft, using Google Chrome + general use

1. BSOD playing World of Warcraft, using Google Chrome + general use - Similar Threads - BSOD playing World

2. BSOD while playing World of Warcraft

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while playing World of Warcraft: When playing World of Warcraft my game crashes randomly. Sometimes resulting in a BSOD like this. Minidump https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkRIjjX48IYVgo1-AZWkmnlKdvisYQ?e=YXrNJD Please help me resolve this! I do not know which driver is causing this issue. I have checked windows...
  3. Constant BSODs while playing World of Warcraft

Constant BSODs while playing World of Warcraft: I have constant BSODs while playing World of Warcraft. I do not have BSODS at any other time. Sometimes the BSOD message is: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Other times: KERNAL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE Any help is appreciated. Ive been having this problem for month and I'm at my...
  4. BSOD playing World of Warcraft, Overwatch, and using Google Chrome

BSOD playing World of Warcraft, Overwatch, and using Google Chrome: Hello, I keep getting different BSOD randomly while using my new PC. Sometimes while gaming (WoW, Overwatch) and sometimes while just during regular use. I've run memtest and system scans and everything I've tried has come back negative. I read that it might be related...
  5. BSOD while playing World of Warcraft

BSOD while playing World of Warcraft: Can anyone analyze this and tell me what driver was the issue? EDIT 2: Uploaded using the BSOD tool from this forum in case the below doesn't work EDIT: New dump: 123115-13015-01.rar - Google Drive 35815
  6. BSOD while launching or playing World of Warcraft,

BSOD while launching or playing World of Warcraft,: Just this past week I have been getting windows 10 crashes, either at launch or just entering World of Warcraft. I have over 20 tickets with gm's of the game and they have now told me that they have exhausted all their efforts in attempts to help. I pretty much tried...
  7. BSOD while playing world of warcraft

BSOD while playing world of warcraft: I have been getting ingame crashes in world of Warcraft for a few weeks now and also chrome is crashing the blizz techs have told me it may be a corrupt windows instillation so I did a fresh reinstall of windows 10 the other day and I have had a few BSOD they seem fairly...
  8. BSOD World of Warcraft

BSOD World of Warcraft: Hard to put a finger on this BSOD, as it seems like it happens at random, but most of the time when playing World of Warcraft. Also the BSOD is different every time it seems, Mostly Memory Management. Also when it crashes sometimes it has trouble starting back up. But if I...
  9. Bad_Pool_Header BSOD when using VLC or playing World of Warcraft

Bad_Pool_Header BSOD when using VLC or playing World of Warcraft: After I upgraded to Windows 10 I have been getting BSODs at when either watching videos in VLC or playing mainly World of Warcraft. The primary BSOD I have been getting is the bad_pool_header which first occurred a week after upgrading and was seemingly a random occurrence....
  10. BSOD Playing World of Warcraft/Second Life

BSOD Playing World of Warcraft/Second Life: This is a new issue.. Until today, everything was working fine. However, when I personally looked at my event viewer, some weird program apparently keeps trying to launch, that I never even installed in the first place "Windows Hello Business" or something like that.. I did...