Windows 10: BSOD: Possibly caused by Errors on Hard Drive. Not sure...

Discus and support BSOD: Possibly caused by Errors on Hard Drive. Not sure... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For more on this BSOD (Crash), please refer to C Drive Missing in Windows 10 - Page 3 - Windows 10 Forums. Attachment 81014 51031 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jesse Williams, May 21, 2016.

1. BSOD: Possibly caused by Errors on Hard Drive. Not sure...

Jesse Williams, May 21, 2016

2. WIndows 10 Frequent BSOD while running a video game

Finally had another crash today, this time with a different error in the BSOD. This was a "POOL_CORRUPTION_IN_FILE_AREA" error this time. I am including the dmp file for you to look at. All drivers were wiped out and put back in, I've even been using a different
    keyboard as my Razer drivers caused the BSOD during the verifier test. Again, as per my last memtest that ran for 11 hours, none of my RAM sticks seemed to have any issues. Could it possibly be due to a failing hard drive or SSD? My games are on one hard drive
    while windows is on my SSD.

021518-5078-01.dmp

Antonio Cumba, May 21, 2016
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Problem with DCP Watchdogs crashes

Hi Ville,

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION is a BSOD caused by a corrupted hard drive. Another possible reason for this
    BSOD is an outdated driver. To further assist your concerns, kindly answer these following questions:

• Are you using an SSD (Solid State Drive)?
    • Is your Windows up-to-date?
    • What are the troubleshooting methods you've tried so far?

We'll be looking forward for your reply.

Regards.

Allan Mej, May 21, 2016
  4. BSOD: Possibly caused by Errors on Hard Drive. Not sure...

That link to the BSOD doesn't work. So I am uploading a new one.

5. Hello? Can someone tell me what happened here and why it crashed?

6. derekimo Win User
    Unfortunately you need to be patient Jesse. This section is under served and over populated.

You also didn't read the first post of this thread,

Waiting for a response? Post here. - Windows 10 Forums

Before posting in it, it is for those waiting longer than 24 hours.

Unfortunately that is just how it is, so just be patient.

derekimo, May 21, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    Hi Jesse,

As you suspected the hard drive is having problems, it is possible that the hard drive is the root cause as the crash was caused by a memory access violation but that cannot be said with 100% certainty until it has been tested as a memory access violation has multiple causes.

Please try to run following tests, read it carefully and provide the requested photos/screenshots, to identify what the situation is with the hard drive.
    Please note that the tests may cause the system to crash again due to the bad blocks, if this is the case then I recommend to backup the data that cannot be lost and replace the hard drive a.s.a.p. or let it be replaced if there is warranty covering this.

BSOD: Possibly caused by Errors on Hard Drive. Not sure... [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Run following tests
    • Short Drive Self Test
    • Short generic
    • Long generic
    If the short generic fails, no need for the long generic.

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.
    Post screenshots/photos of the test results

Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Run HDTune to
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • check the health,
    • benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the error scan,
    • the health,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

The event logs has many of these logs that started to show up 4 months ago.
    Code: Event[10414]: Log Name: System Source: disk Date: 2016-05-21T17:23:14.316 Event ID: 153 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: Cindy-PC Description: The IO operation at logical block address 0x1c6d598 for Disk 0 (PDO name: \Device\00000029) was retried. Event[10415]: Log Name: System Source: disk Date: 2016-05-21T17:23:17.695 Event ID: 7 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: Cindy-PC Description: The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block.[/quote]

8. BSOD: Possibly caused by Errors on Hard Drive. Not sure...

Axe,
    This BSOD thread is an offshoot thread: C Drive Missing in Windows 10 - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

Chkdsk /R and Defrag (NavyLCDR post) were executed and then the BSOD.
    There should be event logs for the Chkdsk /R

Backup the user data, check HDD cables, re-seat memory??

Just some thoughts ...

Bill

Slartybart, May 21, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
  10. Jesse Williams, May 21, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    On the right side in event viewer you see the options 'save selected events', save the log as .txt and upload the .txt file.

12. I am trying to get it to respond. Right now, it's freezing up again. Just bear with me here please.

Jesse Williams, May 22, 2016
  13. BSOD: Possibly caused by Errors on Hard Drive. Not sure...

Also, every time I scan it, the test fails.

14. Test Results from Seagate for Windows

Short Drive Self Test: Fail

Short Generic: Pass

Long Generic: Fail

15. axe0 New Member
    Do you run chkdsk offline or online? With offline scan Windows asks for a reboot to perform the command

Thema:

BSOD: Possibly caused by Errors on Hard Drive. Not sure...

1. BSOD: Possibly caused by Errors on Hard Drive. Not sure... - Similar Threads - BSOD Possibly caused

2. Not sure what is the cause of my BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not sure what is the cause of my BSOD: Does anyone know what could be the problem I done a windows memory diagnostic test and everything went well Update my drivers Laptop is not over heating or anything...
  3. Not sure what is the cause of my BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not sure what is the cause of my BSOD: Does anyone know what could be the problem I done a windows memory diagnostic test and everything went well Update my drivers Laptop is not over heating or anything...
  4. Not sure what is the cause of my BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Error 1101 - Not sure what causing BSOD/Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 1101 - Not sure what causing BSOD/Crash: So started playing a new game Warzone 2.0 which I know has lots of issues, however I've ran into one that I cannot seem to find a solid reason behind it. Trying to find out of my crashing screen goes black and shows like little bits of colors primarily blue, red small pixels...
  6. Error 1101 - Not sure what causing BSOD/Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 1101 - Not sure what causing BSOD/Crash: So started playing a new game Warzone 2.0 which I know has lots of issues, however I've ran into one that I cannot seem to find a solid reason behind it. Trying to find out of my crashing screen goes black and shows like little bits of colors primarily blue, red small pixels...
  7. Error 1101 - Not sure what causing BSOD/Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Not sure what caused these BSODs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not sure what caused these BSODs?: Last tuesday I had replaced my one 8 gb stick of RAM with 2 new 8 gb sticks of RAM. It was fine the first day, but the next day when shutting down I got a BSOD saying "EVENT TRACING FATAL ERROR". I was able to boot up and use my computer fine afterwards without any other...
  9. Frequent BSODs, not sure what the cause is

Frequent BSODs, not sure what the cause is: I've been getting frequent BSODs tonight. Started all of a sudden, screen went black. Then one after another, BSODs kept dropping. The black screen didn't give an error, but the machine hit a BSOD right away on boot with "IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE". A little while...
  10. Possible Hard Drive failure?

Possible Hard Drive failure?: Hello, I recently came home to an extremely sluggish PC running windows 10. Managed to get to start>power menu and opted for 'restart and update'. 54% through the update and the PC reset and then didn't boot, just went to a black screen with an intermittently flashing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 970 pro3 pool corruption in file area