Windows 10: BSOD - Possibly hardware related?

Discus and support BSOD - Possibly hardware related? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I have an MSi GT70 20C Laptop that I've had numerous problems with. When I first ordered this laptop it was dead on arrival, and had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by aiceweiss, Apr 28, 2016.

1. aiceweiss Win User

BSOD - Possibly hardware related?

Hi all,

I have an MSi GT70 20C Laptop that I've had numerous problems with.

When I first ordered this laptop it was dead on arrival, and had to be shipped back for fixing. Since i've gotten it back, I have had BSODs ranging from 0-2 times a week up to 6 times in a day.

I finally got fed up with it and started digging. I did memtest and recieved no errors after 6 passes, I just tried running driver verifier and the computer would not boot up, but yielded a dump file for me. I checked OS integrity as well as Harddrive chkdsk came back clean. Attached is the required dumps. I did check through the memory dump for the verifier and it does mention possibly hardware related. I've heard interpreting the verifier dumps is a science so hopefully someone more experienced can help me out.

This BSOD tendency has carried through from Windows 7 to Windows 10. It doesn't seem to have a rhyme or reason to when it crashes, although I've noticed certain apps such as Steam Games don't cause crashes but having java applications and IDE's open seem to increase the tendencies.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Aaron

:)

aiceweiss, Apr 28, 2016

2. Help with regular BSOD

Hi Sam,

A software re-installation ordinarily solves BSOD issues. You might be experiencing a hardware incompatibility that's why BSOD is happening. Have you tried changing your RAM? A possible incompatibility with one of your hardware components can cause BSOD to
    occur. We suggest seeking help to a qualified technician so that the hardware incompatibility can be isolated.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Robert Caw, Apr 28, 2016
  3. Clean Install Windows 10 On New SSD

What hardware changes have you made, or could it be thinking you made? This could also possibly be failing hardware.

A BSOD analyst needs to see what is being flagged in the dump.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Apr 28, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Before we start troubleshooting, 2 things first

BSOD - Possibly hardware related? [​IMG]
    Warning Programs that claim to update your drivers install either the wrong or corrupted drivers.
    If you have installed any driver with Driver Booster 3, please remove them as it may cause trouble.
    An easy way to get rid of them is using a restore point prior the use.
    With laptops you only need to download the drivers the manufacturer provides, laptop manufacturers alter their drivers forcing their customers to use the altered drivers for best stability & performance. It doesn't mean you can't install other drivers, but if you do then you could expect problems & download them from the right sources and not through driver update programs.

Please remove all pirated programs and such from your system before we can start troubleshooting.
    The Forum rules is meant for everything regarding piracy
    • Discussing it,
    • Asking for guidance,
    • Asking for a crack,
    • The use of it,
    • Etc.

5. aiceweiss Win User
    An easy way to get rid of them is using a restore point prior the use.
    With laptops you only need to download the drivers the manufacturer provides, laptop manufacturers alter their drivers forcing their customers to use the altered drivers for best stability & performance. It doesn't mean you can't install other drivers, but if you do then you could expect problems & download them from the right sources and not through driver update programs.
    That's great information to know! Thank you. I have a question about my drivers then. Here is the page for my laptop on the manufacturer's website: https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/G...ml#down-driver. The only operating systems they list for driver downloads are Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1. Did I make the mistake in upgrading Operating Systems when the manufacturer does not support 10 yet? Or is 8.1 "close-enough" for the drivers to function properly?

Once I restore to a date past my Driver Booster 3 installation, should I go ahead and follow this driver installation according to the manufacturer's website?
    This will be done as I am able to return to my computer at home. Will you need a re-upload of the info .zip file once this is complete?

aiceweiss, Apr 28, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Not necessarily, but if any problem arises with the drivers then you can't do much about it as there isn't support for it, basically meaning that you're from that point running a system that isn't compatible (anymore).

After you've removed the drivers installed by that program, yes install the drivers MSI provides and see how it goes. If all is well you're lucky *Smile

7. aiceweiss Win User
    Thanks for the information, it will probably take me another 24-30 hours to have the time at my computer to do this. I will update this thread when I am able.

aiceweiss, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD - Possibly hardware related? - Similar Threads - BSOD Possibly hardware

2. Multiple BSODs problem. Is It possible that this might be hardware related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSODs problem. Is It possible that this might be hardware related: Hi! My laptop have been getting several blue screen crash recently Video TDR failure, nvlddmkm.sys I have performed several diagnosis and I am suspecting that my current GPU might be dying or overheating might be wrong but I am not certain how to confirm if it might be a...
  3. Multiple BSODs problem. Is It possible that this might be hardware related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSODs problem. Is It possible that this might be hardware related: Hi! My laptop have been getting several blue screen crash recently Video TDR failure, nvlddmkm.sys I have performed several diagnosis and I am suspecting that my current GPU might be dying or overheating might be wrong but I am not certain how to confirm if it might be a...
  4. Multiple BSODs problem. Is It possible that this might be hardware related

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD Possible Hardware Incompatibility?

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD Possible Hardware Incompatibility?: Hi there,I'm getting BSODs and freezes at random times since I've built this computer. I'm wondering if I mixed hardware parts that are not friendly with each other? I built the PC off of the PC part picker website, there were no compatibility issues found with my selected...
  6. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD Possible Hardware Incompatibility?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD Possible Hardware Incompatibility?: Hi there,I'm getting BSODs and freezes at random times since I've built this computer. I'm wondering if I mixed hardware parts that are not friendly with each other? I built the PC off of the PC part picker website, there were no compatibility issues found with my selected...
  7. BSOD, possible hardware failure?

BSOD, possible hardware failure?: Hey everyone, I have been having some BSOD issues for a little while now, and I was hoping someone might be able to help me interpret these. If we look at just the last 5, which have occurred over the last 3 days, the bug check codes have been as follows: 124, 124, 3b, 1e,...
  8. MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and other BSODs, hardware related

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and other BSODs, hardware related: Hey, about a week and a half ago I upgraded my system to a Ryzen 5 5600X with a B550 motherboard, and it seemed to be working fine. However, at some point, I started getting MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs, and they became more frequent, to the point of me booting my computer and...
  9. BSoDs Possibly Tablet Related?

BSoDs Possibly Tablet Related?: Hi, so I keep on getting frequent different errored blue screens and I think it may have something to do with my tablet driver. Although they used to happen almost 5+ times a day before, a quick system reinstall fixed it. They now only seem to reliably happen when I'm using...
  10. Occasional BSOD - Possibly internet related?

Occasional BSOD - Possibly internet related?: I have had my computer BSOD 5-6 times in roughly the past 2 weeks. The error on the BSOD is always CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, and it typically happens when I am surfing the web. Once, it happened while watching a video file on my drive. Before the BSOD shows up, the computer...