Windows 10: BSOD Problems when playing game

Discus and support BSOD Problems when playing game in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello tenforums, I've been using these settings for a couple of years and never had any trouble with it. However, recently whenever I was playing a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nkmol, Mar 15, 2016.

1. nkmol Win User

BSOD Problems when playing game

Hello tenforums,

I've been using these settings for a couple of years and never had any trouble with it.
    However, recently whenever I was playing a certain game (seems I doesn't matter which), my screen shows a pink color on my primary monitor and a (baby)blue color on my secondary monitor. It will not shutdown automatically and the computer will make beeb sounds whenever I trigger any input (mouse and keyboard). It will freeze in about a minute or so (hearing the sound freeze).

Now i've checked "Event Viewer" multiple time, but most of the times it doesn't give any errors before the shutdown.
    However, I did manage to catch one BugCheck in my recent crash:

I've colled the information with "dm log collector" and added the .zip file as an attachment to this post.

Hope somebody can help me out,

With kind regards,

:)

nkmol, Mar 15, 2016
  2. 東鎮 Win User

Bsod problem

Bsod problem
    Since I turn on my pc and just for Internet , YouTube , that's was no problem , after I start to play steam's games , almost 20-30 mins it's will automatic get a bsod , ok reboot for me and then the funny thing is after the bsod I continue to play my games
    but won't get any bsod problem again at that day , until tomorrow I do the same things , on pc , YouTube then play games in steam , poop ! Bsod again ! Reboot and no problem no bsod again ... Everyday I need to reboot once . This really annoying !

東鎮, Mar 15, 2016
  3. Teddy2016 Win User
    System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled dxgmms2.sys

Hi!

What are you playing a game, when BsoD?

Teddy2016, Mar 15, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

We either need the full dump which is located in the %systemroot% directory, you need a 3rd party uploader to upload this file due to the size, or need to wait for another crash to occur.
    Code: Event[1178]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 2016-03-16T20:01:19.041 Event ID: 1005 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-SV32KIJ Description: Unable to produce a minidump file from the full dump file.[/quote]

BSOD Problems when playing game [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    System File Check
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow says "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.
    Code: +++ WER2 +++: Fault bucket 120349798582, type 4 Event Name: APPCRASH Response: http://oca.microsoft.com/resredir.a...2&BucketHash=53d7eb388064e562b8f93fe58080c0c9 Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: dwm.exe // Desktop Window Manager, a system file P2: 10.0.10586.0 P3: P4: P5: P6: P7: P8: P9: P10:[/quote]

5. nkmol Win User
    Thanks for your fast response axe0,

My full dump file (this was a couple of hours after the crash, I'm not aware if this does influence the dump file. Timestamp around 08:04 PM, if that might be useful):
    https://mega.nz/#!5IlC3Qqb!LkM4iOutC...Uu5GxxUue9-0_Y

My CBS.log (first "sfc/scannow" + reboot), error currupt files:
    MEGA

Much obligated,

nkmol, Mar 16, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    The corruption is a file called opencl.dll, this is due to driver updates from Nvidia that replaced the opencl.dll from Windows.
    This is something you don't have to worry about, because it doesn't affect performance, stability or something *Smile
    If you however would like to resolve this, follow below instructions

The file {file} and the source are corrupted.

Please try following command in admin command prompt
    Code: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth[/quote] If there are problems with RestoreHealth, please follow step 6 or 7 (depending on the file you have from the download) from the tutorial DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image - Tutorial.

When restorehealth is succesful, run sfc again and let me know what the result is.

7. axe0 New Member
    The memory dump is corrupted and thus useless unfortunately.
    I would suggest to run a memory test to see if the memory could be a cause of corrupted dumps.
    Code: Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.10240.9 AMD64 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [E:\Download\MEMORY.DMP] Kernel Bitmap Dump File: Kernel address space is available, User address space may not be available. ************* Symbol Path validation summary ************** Response Time (ms) Location Deferred SRV*D:\symbols*Symbol information Symbol search path is: SRV*D:\symbols*Symbol information Executable search path is: ************************************************************************** THIS DUMP FILE IS PARTIALLY CORRUPT. KdDebuggerDataBlock is not present or unreadable. ************************************************************************** Unable to read KLDR_DATA_TABLE_ENTRY at 41074833`00084100 - NTSTATUS 0xC0000141 "nt" was not found in the image list. Debugger will attempt to load "nt" at given base 00000000`00000000. Please provide the full image name, including the extension (i.e. kernel32.dll) for more reliable results.Base address and size overrides can be given as .reload <image.ext>=<base>,<size>. Unable to add module at 00000000`00000000 WARNING: .reload failed, module list may be incomplete ************************************************************************** THIS DUMP FILE IS PARTIALLY CORRUPT. KdDebuggerDataBlock is not present or unreadable. ************************************************************************** KdDebuggerData.KernBase < SystemRangeStart Windows 10 Kernel Version 10586 MP (4 procs) Free x64 Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Machine Name: Kernel base = 0x00000000`00000000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff803`63d64cd0 Debug session time: Wed Mar 16 19:59:57.438 2016 (UTC + 1:00) System Uptime: 1 days 23:28:01.439 ************************************************************************** THIS DUMP FILE IS PARTIALLY CORRUPT. KdDebuggerDataBlock is not present or unreadable. ************************************************************************** Unable to read KLDR_DATA_TABLE_ENTRY at 41074833`00084100 - NTSTATUS 0xC0000141 "nt" was not found in the image list. Debugger will attempt to load "nt" at given base 00000000`00000000. Please provide the full image name, including the extension (i.e. kernel32.dll) for more reliable results.Base address and size overrides can be given as .reload <image.ext>=<base>,<size>. Unable to add module at 00000000`00000000 WARNING: .reload failed, module list may be incomplete ************************************************************************** THIS DUMP FILE IS PARTIALLY CORRUPT. KdDebuggerDataBlock is not present or unreadable. ************************************************************************** KdDebuggerData.KernBase < SystemRangeStart Loading Kernel Symbols Unable to read KLDR_DATA_TABLE_ENTRY at 41074833`00084100 - NTSTATUS 0xC0000141 ReadControl failed - kernel symbols must be loaded first WARNING: .reload failed, module list may be incomplete No .natvis files found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Debuggers\x64\Visualizers. GetContextState failed, 0xD0000147 CS descriptor lookup failed GetContextState failed, 0xD0000147 GetContextState failed, 0xD0000147 GetContextState failed, 0xD0000147 GetContextState failed, 0xD0000147 Unable to get program counter GetContextState failed, 0xD0000147 Unable to get current machine context, NTSTATUS 0xC0000147 GetContextState failed, 0xD0000147 GetContextState failed, 0xD0000147 GetContextState failed, 0xD0000147 Unable to get current machine context, NTSTATUS 0xC0000147 GetContextState failed, 0xD0000147 Unable to get current machine context, NTSTATUS 0xC0000147 GetContextState failed, 0xD0000147 GetContextState failed, 0xD0000147[/quote]

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.
    Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

8. nkmol Win User

CBS scan
    With an error again.
    MEGA

MemTest
    No errors found

Now, if I'm right the CBS scan hasn't have anything to do with my initial problem.
    Could you advice me how I can further debug the initial problem. I can trigger the problem within 30 minutes, so it does not happen unexpected. Because, it seems the Event Viewer does not log anything that has to do with the problem.

Thanks for your time!

nkmol, Mar 17, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

10. nkmol Win User
    Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash. Does it matter if the PC is being used while the "Verifier" is on?

if not, it just happen to fail again. I don't think it is a fault driver, because it doesn't show any errors in the logs before, what seems to be, my GC fails. The PC doesn't crash anymore, though my screen still turns green-whitish.
    I did let the PC run for about 5 mins when this happend, in the hope my OS would log something valueable. Sadly it didn't.

I'll test with "FurMark" and will let you know the results.

nkmol, Mar 19, 2016
  11. nkmol Win User
    For ~15min my temperature stayed around 90℃ and according to NVIDIA 97℃ is the max. So this also isn't the problem.

I'm not sure what else I can do now.

nkmol, Mar 19, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    Nope

You better assume a max of 85C for safety even if Nvidia says the max is 97C, 90C is very high.

13. nkmol Win User

Hmm, alright. But still: Furmark takes it to the maximum, which isnt the case when playing a simple game, and can even handle it without crashing. So it shouldnt be a problem, right?

nkmol, Mar 20, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    Software isn't 100% reliable, if a stress test doesn't find anything doesn't mean there is no problem.

15. nkmol Win User
    I see. What do you suggest me to do now?

nkmol, Mar 20, 2016
Thema:

1. BSOD Problems when playing game - Similar Threads - BSOD Problems playing

2. BSOD when playing game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when playing game: I only have issues when trying to play games. Below is my whocrash report. I've made sure everything is plugged in and sitted correctly RAM/GPU and still getting a BSOD. I've reinstalled windows 11 to see if something was corrupt to no avail. Any help would be great.Link to...
  3. BSOD When Playing Games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD When Playing Games: Hey so for some reason literally everytime I play valorant or any other type of game in about 10 minutes I get a BSOD. This didn’t happen all the time and it just started to happen a few months ago. Can anyone help me?...
  4. BSOD When Playing Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD When Playing Games: Hey so for some reason literally everytime I play valorant or any other type of game in about 10 minutes I get a BSOD. This didn’t happen all the time and it just started to happen a few months ago. Can anyone help me?...
  5. BSOD When Playing Games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. BSOD When playing game

BSOD When playing game: Recently I got BSOD several times while playing games, and here is the DMP text: ******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck...
  7. BSOD When playing games

BSOD When playing games: Hello everyone, I have just made a fresh format and install of windows 10,but when i'm playing on games after random time my computer stuck and enter into BSOD with this error: "UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP". I have used dm_log to attach the files of my pc. I already updated...
  8. BSOD when playing games.

BSOD when playing games.: Hello, I have ran into a BSOD issue. I have the dump file and system info file to look at. I recreated the crashes and it happens randomly whenever I play games on my computer. Games like overwatch randomly blue screen when I'm not doing anything in particular that causes...
  9. BSOD When Playing Game

BSOD When Playing Game: Hi Everyone I have been having BSOD problems when i play game that used alot of graphic such as Dota 2 , Overwatch etc. The BSOD that i getting is Internal_Video_Scheduler_Error , Video_Tdr_Error and sometimes the graphic driver has been stopped and successfully recovered...
  10. BSOD when playing games

BSOD when playing games: Hi, I keep having the blue screen when I'm gaming and its says something like etd.sys or whatever it is. Hope that I can get some help from here. 91885