Windows 10: BSOD random times, not sure where to start

Discus and support BSOD random times, not sure where to start in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I did upgrade to the insider program, and it was giving my BSOD a lot less. (example: once a month vs couple times a week) It's very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by greenthingsjump, Apr 16, 2018.

1. BSOD random times, not sure where to start

Hello!

I did upgrade to the insider program, and it was giving my BSOD a lot less. (example: once a month vs couple times a week) It's very frusterating, and I have no idea where to start. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Couple of honorable mentions, my internet is a speed is a bit slow and an unrelated issue. By slow I mean load times are noticably slower. With my specs it shouldnt be happening IMO. Yes I know insider is prone to errors, but they were happening before that, albiet less frequent.

(hardware specs just incase)
    amd fx 8120 on a 970a-g43
    16GB of DD3 2dimm @ 666MHz
    NVIDIA GeForceGTX 970

:)

greenthingsjump, Apr 16, 2018

2. Random BSOD Error During Web Browsing?

Hi Microsoft,

I've had random (one time) experience of a random BSOD with no error involved when I was working on some animation on my computer. I've posted this to share with everyone to see if anyone has had this past experience before and If it is going around or not.
    Back to the story, when it had finished collecting data on the crash, it restarted and immediately started updating (which didn't take long) and went back to the desktop with nothing wrong?!

BSOD Message:

BSOD random times, not sure where to start :(

Your Computer has ran into a problem

(No Error Code Which is weird)

Collecting Crash Data (1%)

Reminder, I've only posted this if anyone knows why it crashed or had this in the past BSOD random times, not sure where to start :p Everything is okay now and nothing has happened since.

Also, I don't have a screenshot (I'm not even sure if you can do one in BSOD) so don't ask BSOD random times, not sure where to start :p

MicrowaveRook, Apr 16, 2018
  3. waynedent Win User
    Bsod! (sorry)

Hi all,

I'm pretty sure a lot of posts start this way, I've been having a few bsod issues, tried remote assistance a couple of times to no avail. Not really sure about diagnostic procedures but I'm able to follow instructions!

Where do I start?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers]

waynedent, Apr 16, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

BSOD random times, not sure where to start

Hello,

The log collector has not worked, please try the beta10 Log Collector provided at the end of the BSOD Posting instructions and follow the method described there to generate a new zip file to upload.

philc43, Apr 17, 2018
Thema:

BSOD random times, not sure where to start

1. BSOD random times, not sure where to start - Similar Threads - BSOD random times

2. BSOD at random times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD at random times: Hello, I have a user that is getting the BSOD randomly we cannot determine a pattern I have included a link to the minidump file from the most recent incident. Graphics drivers are up to date, ran sfc /scannow, ran troubleshooters, Windows is completely up to date, ran and...
  3. BSOD at random times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD at random times: Hello, I have a user that is getting the BSOD randomly we cannot determine a pattern I have included a link to the minidump file from the most recent incident. Graphics drivers are up to date, ran sfc /scannow, ran troubleshooters, Windows is completely up to date, ran and...
  4. BSOD at random times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD at random times: In the past few weeks I've received a couple of BSODs during seemingly unrelated activities. One was triggered during the shut down process MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. The other triggered randomly during a gaming session IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. BlueScreenView info and google searches...
  5. BSOD in random time

BSOD in random time: Hi, please help, I get a bsod regardless of the load on the PC, the bios is the latest drivers updated I do not understand what the problem is and what to look for, here are mini-dumps: google...
  6. Bsod at random times

Bsod at random times: Hi, here is dump file. Have a bsod at random times. Windows is updated, drivers to video, chipset and bios to. No memory overclock. Maybe dump will help https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ejs7tXbS7mFPUiMaGwOvl12gi-ilh568/view?usp=share_link...
  7. Multiple issues not sure where to start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple issues not sure where to start: So my first issue is every time I turn my computer on it says admin password incorrect prior to me even typing anything in. My bamboo pen that i bought with the computer was working fine until one day it wasnt. It doesnt even register when i attempt to use it. yes i changed...
  8. BSOD at random times

BSOD at random times: Source Windows Summary Shut down unexpectedly Date ‎29/‎10/‎2019 00:18 Status Not reported Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 1000007e Parameter 1: ffffffffc0000005 Parameter 2: fffff8062a532646 Parameter 3: ffffe5814d3bf638 Parameter 4:...
  9. Constant BSODs, prior issues with 840M Card, not sure where to start..

Constant BSODs, prior issues with 840M Card, not sure where to start..: Hi everyone, I'm not sure if the issues I'm having are directly related to the video card, but a month or two ago I was having major issues trying to actually install drivers and such. The next step if it is not a hardware issue is to basically refresh the PC, but I'd...
  10. Random BSOD in random times

Random BSOD in random times: Hi, I'm really hoping to solve the problem since it's starting to distract seriously. I think since early summer BSODs been flashing now and then and now more and more often. Naturally I've tried memory solutions found online for memory related BSODs but now the different...