Windows 10: BSOD randomly during day, even at night when pc is asleep

Discus and support BSOD randomly during day, even at night when pc is asleep in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Attachment 118768 Attachment 118769 Attachment 118770 Attachment 118771 Attachment 118772 EDIT: after creating this thread, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Comedy112, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Comedy112 Win User

BSOD randomly during day, even at night when pc is asleep

Attachment 118768

Attachment 118769

Attachment 118770

Attachment 118771

Attachment 118772

EDIT: after creating this thread, I read the rules for BSOD related threads and this post has been updated accordingly (see file attached). Hopefully I've done this correctly.

Attachment 118766

some back story to what I've done so far;

-40 hours worth of memtest68, 8 passes 0 errors.
    -changed psu
    -fresh copy of windows 10 with a new SSD to go with it

after these changes, the same BSOD's are occuring, same error codes. ntoskrnl.exe <-- whatever this is, it seems to be having a field day with my system *Sad .

results from whocrashed so far:

On Wed 25/01/2017 7:33:31 AM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\012517-8796-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A6F0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x18 (0x0, 0xFFFFE38823F677D0, 0x2, 0xFFFFFFFF00002DDC)
    Error: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that the reference count of an object is illegal for the current state of the object.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 25/01/2017 7:33:31 AM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x18 (0x0, 0xFFFFE38823F677D0, 0x2, 0xFFFFFFFF00002DDC)
    Error: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER
    Bug check description: This indicates that the reference count of an object is illegal for the current state of the object.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 22/01/2017 12:55:26 PM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\012217-6718-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x4E (0x9A, 0x44F797, 0x2, 0x0)
    Error: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    Bug check description: This indicates that the page frame number (PFN) list is corrupted.

On Fri 20/01/2017 1:43:29 PM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\012017-8671-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFF803BCC37D90, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF803BC151AEA)
    Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1ID422_ty5hUTN5WnBDUmUwQlE <-- latest .dumpOn Sat 28/01/2017 8:04:48 AM your computer crashedcrash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\012817-5843-01.dmpThis was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A6F0) Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF800F8701E93, 0xFFFF9401BE9EEEF0, 0x0)Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONfile path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exeproduct: Microsoft® Windows® Operating Systemcompany: Microsoft Corporationdescription: NT Kernel & SystemBug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1ID422_ty5hT05jaDhuN... <- 1st one in the minidump folder

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1ID422_ty5hYU5IWE5jN... <- 2nd one in the minidump folder

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1ID422_ty5hNXpaOUcwW... <- 3rd one in the minidump folder

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1ID422_ty5hUTN5WnBDUmUwQlE

013117-5671-01.dmp - Google Drive

:)

Comedy112, Jan 27, 2017

2. Will my Window 10 apps continue to update or download on sleep or hibernation mode?

Would be nice if I can do it while I am asleep at night so I would not have to do it during the day. Thanks!

KristynHolmes, Jan 27, 2017
  3. CANNOT DOWNLOAD ADDITIONAL KEYBOARD!!!

Store is back up, fortunately happened when I was fast asleep during the night BSOD randomly during day, even at night when pc is asleep :)

adrianhughesNSD, Jan 27, 2017
  4. GregoryP Win User

GregoryP, Jan 27, 2017
  5. Comedy112 Win User
    Comedy112, Jan 27, 2017
  6. Comedy112 Win User
    would be greatly appreciated if someone could have a look at this for me *Smile

Comedy112, Jan 30, 2017
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Each dump is different yet there is nothing definitive in any of them. In one I noticed the thread trace was in uisbaudio quite a bit around the time of the BSOD. That doesn't mean usbaudio is a problem but I see you have a Logitech G430 Gaming Headset. Coes it have a driver? If so, check for an updated driver. All I can find is a firmware update from 04-AUG-2014 which I'm guessing you already have.

The driver you currently have is:
    Code: Description: Speakers (3- Logitech G430 Gaming Headset) Default Sound Playback: No Default Voice Playback: No Hardware ID: USB\VID_046D&PID_0A4D&REV_0120&MI_00 Manufacturer ID: 65535 Product ID: 65535 Type: WDM Driver Name: USBAUDIO.sys Driver Version: 10.00.14393.0000 (English) Driver Attributes: Final Retail WHQL Logo'd: Yes Date and Size: 8/12/2016 12:00:00 AM, 132096 bytes[/quote] You coulod try running without the headset for awhile to see if it's causing the problem. Perhaps even uninstall the driver for awhile.

Ztruker, Jan 31, 2017
  8. Comedy112 Win User

You coulod try running without the headset for awhile to see if it's causing the problem. Perhaps even uninstall the driver for awhile.[/quote] Yeah I'm pretty certain it's not the headset though because I had the headset with this system for months before the crashes started happening. I've even purchased a new ssd and a new copy of windows 10 for my pc and after setting them up these crashes are still happening. I can't even give up and sell my pc because I don't know what is faulty so I can't warn the potential buyers. This is so frustrating.

Could the headset maybe be incompatible with the motherboard somehow? I can't even test anything because the crashes are completely random, sometimes while I'm using the computer, sometimes it won't happen for a few days and then it will crash overnight while it's not even being used. Makes me sad

Comedy112, Jan 31, 2017
  9. Comedy112 Win User
    Comedy112, Jan 31, 2017
  10. Comedy112 Win User
    On Thu 2/02/2017 6:12:19 AM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\020217-5859-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: bwcw10x64.sys (0xFFFFF8006D0B9130)
    Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x2000, 0xFFFFF8006D0B9130, 0x0, 0x4F4E4558)
    Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\bwcw10x64.sys
    product: Killer Bandwidth Control
    company: Rivet Networks, LLC.
    description: Killer Bandwidth Control Filter Driver
    Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: bwcw10x64.sys (Killer Bandwidth Control Filter Driver, Rivet Networks, LLC.).
    Google query: Rivet Networks, LLC. DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

After doing the driver verifier thing (and restarting my pc so that it can take effect) my pc was in a BSOD loop. It blue screened 3 times and displayed 'DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION' each time. It did not specify a specific driver on any of the BSODS. My pc actually had to be restored so that I could continue to use it, and whocrashed only shows 1 crash report. Guessing they were all caused by the same thing maybe?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1ID422_ty5hT1RyZmdSV... <--- dump file after running driver verifier

Comedy112, Jan 31, 2017
  11. Comedy112 Win User
    according to that whocrashed, I just downloaded 'Killer E2200/E2400 + Killer Wireless Suite' from Support .

I then realised that I don't want the Killer Network program thingy that monitors my network usage etc. so I uninstalled that (which also uninstalled the drivers) and installed 'Killer Drivers Installation - 64bit' from http://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads/catego....

Technically I downloaded and installed the 'Killer Drivers Installation - 64bit' while 'Killer E2200/E2400 + Killer Wireless Suite' was still installed, but hopefully that doesn't mess anything up. When I installed 'Killer E2200/E2400 + Killer Wireless Suite' I got a notification saying that my current drivers were out of date and were going to be deleted. But when I installed 'Killer Drivers Installation - 64bit', I did not get the same message so I'm assuming the driver versions from 'Killer E2200/E2400 + Killer Wireless Suite' and 'Killer Drivers Installation - 64bit' are the same, and that both are more recent that what I previously had on my system.

Comedy112, Jan 31, 2017
  12. Comedy112 Win User
    On Thu 2/02/2017 11:48:56 AM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\020217-4921-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: lgbusenum.sys (LGBusEnum+0x1F0)
    Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x2004, 0xFFFFB98408E38BF8, 0xFFFFF80A579F01F0, 0xFFFF8E808874D0F8)
    Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\lgbusenum.sys
    Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: lgbusenum.sys .
    Google query: lgbusenum.sys DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

okay so the driver changed from killer network to logitech. googling it basically leads me to believe it's my Logitech Gaming software for my logitech g430 headset and logitech g502 mouse. Going to uninstall it and reinstall the latest version and run driver verifier again.

Comedy112, Feb 1, 2017
  13. Ztruker Win User

I would think it more likely a driver problem with the logitech headset than a hardware problem, but uninstalling it will at least show if that is the basic problem or not.

Ztruker, Feb 1, 2017
  14. Comedy112 Win User
    Yeah I uninstalled logitech gaming software completely and ran driver verifier and it didn't crash. So I think it's possibly solved. Going to wait a few days just to be sure though.

Comedy112, Feb 1, 2017
  15. Comedy112 Win User
    021017-6687-01.dmp - Google Drive ---> latest dump

On Fri 10/02/2017 10:35:03 PM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021017-6687-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: win32kfull.sys (win32kfull+0x86A08)
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFF800E4D686A08, 0xFFFFD080BD36E4D0, 0x0)
    Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32kfull.sys
    description: Full/Desktop Win32k Kernel Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
    The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Comedy112, Feb 9, 2017
Thema:

1. BSOD randomly during day, even at night when pc is asleep - Similar Threads - BSOD randomly during

2. BSOD happens almost every night while I'm asleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD happens almost every night while I'm asleep: It's getting increasingly more frustrating as I need to leave my work open and constantly restoring and losing these files is driving me insane. Every night as I go to sleep my computer will blue screen at some point in the night. I've been trying to fix this issue to no...
  3. BSOD happens almost every night while I'm asleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD happens almost every night while I'm asleep: It's getting increasingly more frustrating as I need to leave my work open and constantly restoring and losing these files is driving me insane. Every night as I go to sleep my computer will blue screen at some point in the night. I've been trying to fix this issue to no...
  4. BSOD happens almost every night while I'm asleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD during youtube video as well as random reboots during the day

BSOD during youtube video as well as random reboots during the day: I am having some problems the past few days, my computer has been randomly rebooting during the day, and just recently, while watching Youtube, my computer was given the BSOD message popupHere are some dump files that I have collceted over a short period, as well as a bit of...
  6. BSOD during youtube video as well as random reboots during the day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD during youtube video as well as random reboots during the day: I am having some problems the past few days, my computer has been randomly rebooting during the day, and just recently, while watching Youtube, my computer was given the BSOD message popupHere are some dump files that I have collceted over a short period, as well as a bit of...
  7. BSOD during youtube video as well as random reboots during the day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. PC randomly reboots/crashes during the night - every night

in Windows 10 Support
    PC randomly reboots/crashes during the night - every night: Hello all, unsure where to post this so hopefully it gets moved to the right place. I've recently upgraded my cpu and memory and every morning when I wake up, my pc has rebooted. I've followed the steps to create a zip file as requested. Winver: OS Build 19041.572 166743
  9. Random BSoDs even when idling

Random BSoDs even when idling: I'm having random BSoDs, even when the PC is idle, 3/7 days apart one from each other. I performed SFC /SCANNOW, checkdisk, SMART tests and memory tests, nothing changed. I'm asking here for help if someone can help me to debug the minidump files i have like 10 of them....
  10. BSOD randomly during normal work day

BSOD randomly during normal work day: Dell Latitude E7450 with Windows 10 operating system. 256 GB SSD hard drive, i5 processor and 8 GB's of ram. Almost 1.5 years old. I actually put the operating back on this laptop about 3 months to attempt to clean up networking issues and Microsoft Office365 2016 typing...