Windows 10: BSOD Randomly especially when playing games and shutting down

Discus and support BSOD Randomly especially when playing games and shutting down in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys, for the last few months I have been experiencing crashes that forces me to reboot my machine, BSOD's mainly. I was playing Playerunknown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by anthrax2471, Nov 10, 2017.

1. BSOD Randomly especially when playing games and shutting down

Hey guys, for the last few months I have been experiencing crashes that forces me to reboot my machine, BSOD's mainly. I was playing Playerunknown Battlegrounds and I was getting kicked out of game and I have a feeling it was due to something on my computer, after doing all the steps I could find on google apart from format it still does not work, when I boot up said game I am greeted with the error "windows cannot access the specified device path or file" I have tried reinstalling games, I have tried different hard drives I just don't know whats wrong, the event log has a load of critical and errors which I can upload.

Thanks guys.

:)

anthrax2471, Nov 10, 2017

2. BSoD on Windows 10

I was just sitting on PC today looking at youtube and talking to some friends and suddenly the BSoD appears. My pc turned off and then i turned it on again. I restarted and as i restarted i got the BSoD again. I then started my pc up again and shut it
    down, the BSoD didn't appear. For some reason when i restart my PC i get the BSoD however when shutting down i don't. It has only happened once randomly but i am writing this straight after it happened. HELP!

Teddy Dixon, Nov 10, 2017
  3. USB keyboard

Hey i have a question about my usb keyboard, it is a backlight keyboard genius kb-g265 and i have a problem that sometimes when i play a game or just do nothing on my PC, my keyboard starts flashing the light on it or it just randomly disconnects for no
    reason an i must manually disconnect it for the PC and again reconnect so it works again.

It's really annoying especially when a play a online game and it randomly disconnects.

AntonioStanić, Nov 10, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD Randomly especially when playing games and shutting down

5. Please find the information you requested

6. Ztruker Win User
    There are no dumps in the zip file you uploaded. There should be a full dump in C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP:

Code: Event[1763]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 2017-11-10T06:57:37.247 Event ID: 1001 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-CJK5VHC Description: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a (0x000000032d440100, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff8012dc7a588). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 8c6b7ef1-292a-4b7f-8d07-28b719de8b39.[/quote] Copy that to your Desktop then zip it and upload to a file sharing site like OneDrive then post a link here so we can download it to see what it shows.

I also see a couple of these in the eventlog.txt file:

Code: Event[1727]: Log Name: System Source: volmgr Date: 2017-11-10T06:57:18.712 Event ID: 161 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-CJK5VHC Description: Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.[/quote] ... so that is why there are no mimi-dumps in the C:\Windows\minidump folder.

Ztruker, Nov 10, 2017
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Looking at your Processes list, I would try disabling or uninstalling some of them and see if that helps.

I AM NOT A GAMER

Uninstall Bullguard, use built-in Windows Defender for awhile.
    Disable Origin Web Helper Service in services.
    Uninstall Twitch Curse Client.

Just something to think about.

Ztruker, Nov 10, 2017
  8. BSOD Randomly especially when playing games and shutting down

Hey guys, So what would I need to do regarded the minidumps has there is nothing in the folder?

I have tried uninstalling said programs but the issue still persists

9. axe0 New Member
    BSOD Randomly especially when playing games and shutting down [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

10. Ztruker Win User
    Also see if there is a C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP and if yes, follow the directions I gave you in my previous post.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD Randomly especially when playing games and shutting down

1. BSOD Randomly especially when playing games and shutting down - Similar Threads - BSOD Randomly especially

2. PC randomly shuts down while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly shuts down while playing games: I got a brand new HP Omen 30L 3 months ago, and I've loved it except for an extremely annoying issue - after 5-10 minutes of running a game the display and keyboard will just shut off, but the fans will stay on. I'm pretty sure it is a problem with either the GPU or the power...
  3. PC randomly shuts down while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly shuts down while playing games: I got a brand new HP Omen 30L 3 months ago, and I've loved it except for an extremely annoying issue - after 5-10 minutes of running a game the display and keyboard will just shut off, but the fans will stay on. I'm pretty sure it is a problem with either the GPU or the power...
  4. Random Freeze, especially when gaming:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Freeze, especially when gaming:: So, I have an HP Victus 16: 24GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Core i7-12700H and a GTX 1650 with a windows 11. It used to freeze when playing video games but it was like once in a while. Now, I can't even open a game. Even more, it freezes when using Browser or in a Zoom meeting. Everything...
  5. Random Freeze, especially when gaming:

Random Freeze, especially when gaming:: So, I have an HP Victus 16: 24GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Core i7-12700H and a GTX 1650 with a windows 11. It used to freeze when playing video games but it was like once in a while. Now, I can't even open a game. Even more, it freezes when using Browser or in a Zoom meeting. Everything...
  6. Laptop randomly shutting down when playing games like Fortnite

Laptop randomly shutting down when playing games like Fortnite: My laptop keeps shutting down everytime i play Fortnite My laptop Specs;Laptop Name: Lenovo Y50-70Ram: 16GBProcessor: IntelR CoreTM i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz 64 Bit Please Help Me...
  7. Laptop randomly shutting down when playing games like Fortnite

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop randomly shutting down when playing games like Fortnite: My laptop keeps shutting down everytime i play Fortnite My laptop Specs;Laptop Name: Lenovo Y50-70Ram: 16GBProcessor: IntelR CoreTM i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz 64 Bit Please Help Me...
  8. Laptop randomly shutting down when playing games like Fortnite

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Constant BSOD especially when playing games

Constant BSOD especially when playing games: Hi! I'm getting BSOD especially when I'm playing videogames. From what I could get the dump files indicates that it's a memory corruption and a ntkrnlmp.exe errors. But I'm not good at reading minidumps so if anyone can pls help me. Here are the dmps:...
  10. Mutiple Random BSOD but especially when playing "The Division"

Mutiple Random BSOD but especially when playing "The Division": Hi! I have been having multiple BSOD in the recent weeks, maybe over 10 or 12 by now. It happens randomly, I can be opening a folder, using Firefox or playing. This especially happens when playing "The division", in this case, it is almost guarantee to happen within 1 hour of...