Windows 10: BSOD randomly every few hours; tried recommended fixes; 0x8007001E

Discus and support BSOD randomly every few hours; tried recommended fixes; 0x8007001E in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have random crashes that I can't seem to fix. It happens once every 3-4 hours it seems, but it's not a regular thing - i.e., can go all day with no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dabamf, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Dabamf Win User

BSOD randomly every few hours; tried recommended fixes; 0x8007001E

I have random crashes that I can't seem to fix. It happens once every 3-4 hours it seems, but it's not a regular thing - i.e., can go all day with no problems, while other times it can crash twice in an hour.

I've tried the generic 'sfc /scannow' and DISM tool fixes I found in searching. Nothing seems to fix it. I'm past my point of computer competency and would really, really appreciate some help with this. It's driving me crazy.

Here's some output on the dump I can view:
    Unable to get current machine context, Win32 error 0n30
    GetContextState failed, 0x8007001E
    Probably caused by : USBXHCI.SYS ( USBXHCI!Isoch_Transfer_CompleteCancelable+6f )

Some searching turned up possible USB drivers or devices. I have a logitech dongle and HP dongle plugged in, as well as a FiiO E10K USB digital audio converter (DAC). I have some suspicion it might be the DAC, but would like to confirm or deny it before I shell out $100+ for a new one.

Dump files are attached.

:)

Dabamf, Jul 17, 2017
  2. andresW10 Win User

Several Bluscreen Windows 10

Hello!

I'm running windows 10 home.

From last May 22nd, I've started to suffer bluscreens randomly ( Never happens before). System freeze and then bluscreen.

I believe System was updated by Windows Update on that date or close to.

Only error I saw later was a missing driver according Devices Manager. I've reinstalled all drivers on my HP laptop. After that, missing driver error dissappear but bluscreens continue.

You can see dump files and bluescreen images on following link: Link not found

I've tried to open dump using WinDBG..

************ Symbol Loading Error Summary **************

Module name Error

ntoskrnl The system cannot find the file specified

You can troubleshoot most symbol related issues by turning on symbol loading diagnostics (!sym noisy) and repeating the command that caused symbols to be loaded.

You should also verify that your symbol search path (.sympath) is correct.

CS descriptor lookup failed

Unable to get program counter

*******************************************************************************

* Bugcheck Analysis *

*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 133, {0, 501, 500, fffff8037e1f4348}

***** Kernel symbols are WRONG. Please fix symbols to do analysis.

It seems that there is some problem with symbols to use WinDBG but I cannot understand how to solve....

Anyhelp will be highly appreciated!

Thanks!

andresW10, Jul 17, 2017
  3. Random Blue Screens

Hello!

Lately I've been getting random MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs.

I've run sfc/scannow with no errors, chkdsk with no errors, and 2 extended passes with the memory check tool, also no errors.

These BSODs seem to happen randomly every few days, and they're very annoying.

Here's a link to my 2 latest BSODs minidumps:

Shared items 6-12-2017

Thank you for any ideas on fixing this!

EarlyInsider, Jul 17, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

HI Dabamf ,

Welcome to Ten Forums.

There were 2 misbehaving drivers found in the debugging of the 10 minidump files
    File corruption was found on your drive.

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:

1) sfc /scannow

2) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on copy > paste into the thread

3) perform windows updates and post any failed KB# with error code into the thread

4) Using the HP website download the latest version of FiiO USB D Service: FiiOE10.sys
    If an driver is not found on the HP website then open device manager and update the driver.
    The computer manufacturer approved drivers are preferred. An alternative source for driver replacement is:
    Driver download links for players amps - Firmware & Drivers download - FiiO Forums - Powered by Discuz!

5) Using the HP website download the latest version of Citrix USB Monitor Dri: ctxusbm.sys
    If an driver is not found on the HP website then open device manager and update the driver.
    The computer manufacturer approved drivers are preferred. An alternative source for driver replacement is: Downloads - Citrix

6) open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste: chkdsk /x /r (this may take many hours to run so plan to run it overnight)

7) Download and Install the latest version of the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics version 6.4: HP PC Hardware Diagnostics | HP® Official Site

8) Power on the computer repetitively clicking the F2 or F10 key to enter the bios. Navigate to the UEFI diagnostics and run the test as a loop until failure. Run this overnight. The next morning if it is still looping press the keyboard escape key to turn off the test. View the UEFI log to confirm pass and post the results into the thread. If the test fails it will display a code.

9) Make sure that there is no over clocking while troubleshooting.

Sometimes there are problems in the bios that produce bsod.

To ensure that there are no improper bios settings please reset the bios.

Sometimes there can be failure to boot after resetting the bios.

So please make sure your files are backed up.

Please make a backup image with Macrium:

Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free: Macrium Software | Your image is everything

And please create a restore point.

How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings:

How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings

3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow:

3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow

Code: BugCheck 139, {3, fffff80170fab240, fffff80170fab198, 0}Probably caused by : USBXHCI.SYS ( USBXHCI!Isoch_Transfer_CompleteCancelable+6f )[/quote] Code: BugCheck 133, {1, 1e00, fffff803561ef348, 0}*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ctxusbm.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ctxusbm.sys Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] ctxusbm.sys Citrix ICA Client USB Monitor Driver Downloads

FiiO E10 USB DAC Headphone Amplifier
    Code: ffff8001`e0045a48  fffff80e`816f23b8Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\FiiOE10.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for FiiOE10.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for FiiOE10.sys  FiiOE10+0x23b8[/quote] Code: ffffc380`b92f8208  fffff804`642c2351Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ctxusbm.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ctxusbm.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ctxusbm.sys  ctxusbm+0x2351[/quote] Code: ffffc380`b92f6ec8  fffff804`683623b8Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\FiiOE10.sys, Win32 error 0n2*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for FiiOE10.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for FiiOE10.sys FiiOE10+0x23b8[/quote] Code: ffffc880`59d36ec8  fffff80d`6ab723b8Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\FiiOE10.sys, Win32 error 0n2*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for FiiOE10.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for FiiOE10.sys FiiOE10+0x23b8[/quote] Code: FiiOE10      Service for FiiO USB D Service for FiiO USB D Kernel        Manual     Running    OK         TRUE        FALSE        22,400            18,560      0          11/25/2012 7:54:28 PM  C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\FiiOE10.sys[/quote] Code: ctxusbm      Citrix USB Monitor Dri Citrix USB Monitor Dri Kernel        System     Running    OK         TRUE        FALSE        61,568            35,200      0          6/12/2015 12:28:15 AM  C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ctxusbm.sys[/quote] Code: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume C:.The exact nature of the corruption is unknown.  The file system structures need to be scanned and fixed offline.[/quote] Code: {Registry Hive Recovered} Registry hive (file): '\SystemRoot\System32\Config\SOFTWARE' was corrupted and it has been recovered. Some data might have been lost.[/quote] Code: Event[242]:  Log Name: System  Source: Service Control Manager  Date: 2017-05-23T20:20:14.254  Event ID: 7045  Task: N/A  Level: Information  Opcode: N/A  Keyword: Classic  User: S-1-5-18  User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM  Computer: DESKTOP-Q81GHTL  Description: A service was installed in the system.Service Name:  Citrix USB Monitor DriverService File Name:  \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ctxusbm.sysService Type:  kernel mode driverService Start Type:  system startService Account:[/quote] Code: Event[51]:  Log Name: System  Source: Service Control Manager  Date: 2017-05-23T20:15:23.129  Event ID: 7045  Task: N/A  Level: Information  Opcode: N/A  Keyword: Classic  User: S-1-5-18  User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM  Computer: DESKTOP-Q81GHTL  Description: A service was installed in the system.Service Name:  Service for FiiO USB DAC-E10(WDM)Service File Name:  \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\FiiOE10.sysService Type:  kernel mode driverService Start Type:  demand startService Account:[/quote]

zbook, Jul 18, 2017
  5. Dabamf Win User
    Thank you! This is super helpful, and I'm really grateful for your time in helping to identify what the issue is. I'm skeptical of the FiiO driver ever behaving properly. It's downloaded from a dropbox account for god's sake. But it's nice to know that FiiO driver and/or Citrix driver may be the culprits. So far it hasn't crashed, but I will know in the next few days if it is for sure fixed or not. If not, I will stop using the FiiO device and try again. At worst, I don't have to use either Citrix or FiiO.

However, another problem came up, which I will post below the details. Copying results for each step below:

1) sfc /scannow
    -Done; no errors

2) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    -Done
    -File with results uploaded

3) perform windows updates and post any failed KB# with error code into the thread
    -Windows was already up to date; checked and confirmed. No failed updates I can see

4) Using the HP website download the latest version of FiiO USB D Service: FiiOE10.sys
    -HP doesn't have driver for this. The driver was already up to date (June 2017 I believe). So I instead just uninstalled the driver.

5) Using the HP website download the latest version of Citrix USB Monitor Dri: ctxusbm.sys
    -I don't use this anymore, so I just uninstalled the driver.

6) open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste: chkdsk /x /r (this may take many hours to run so plan to run it overnight)
    -Checked. No errors

7) Download and Install the latest version of the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics version 6.4: HP PC Hardware Diagnostics | HP® Official Site
    -Done

8) Power on the computer repetitively clicking the F2 or F10 key to enter the bios. Navigate to the UEFI diagnostics and run the test as a loop until failure. Run this overnight. The next morning if it is still looping press the keyboard escape key to turn off the test. View the UEFI log to confirm pass and post the results into the thread. If the test fails it will display a code.
    -Done. Ran 10 hours, 10 iterations. No errors

9) Make sure that there is no over clocking while troubleshooting.
    -Never OCed

Sometimes there are problems in the bios that produce bsod.
    To ensure that there are no improper bios settings please reset the bios.
    -This is the only thing I haven't done. Will do if crash happens again.

Another problem came up prior to posting this thread, which I thought would go away or fix itself. I downloaded winsdk and installed debugger to view my crash log files. However, after doing so, my computer slowed down hugely. It's still slow even after uninstalling it. I tried to do a system restore to before the installation point, but my computer says "drive has errors, please fix before doing system restore" (which strikes me as a rather ridiculous response, given the purpose of system restore is in part to fix errors). Moreover, chkdsk did not return any errors, nor did the sfc scan. Could anyone suggest what might be the culprit, or should I make a new thread?

Thanks!

Dabamf, Jul 19, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
  7. Dabamf Win User
    1. Logs are attached
    2. What am I supposed to do in clean boot?
    3. I did. It did 10 iterations overnight. I can't seem to find logs if there are any, but I know everything passed

Dabamf, Jul 19, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

Please post a new zip: BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

The chkdsk /r has made corrections addressing: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume C:.The exact nature of the corruption is unknown.  The file system structures need to be scanned and fixed offline.
    Correcting errors in the Volume Bitmap.Windows has made corrections to the file system.

When in clean boot:evaluate the computer performance before and after clean boot.
    1) are boots shorter, longer, or the same?
    2) are shut downs shorter, longer, or the same?
    3) is audio and video performance better, worse, or the same?
    4) has the sluggishness after installing windsk better, worse, or the same?

5) create a brand new restore point
    6) create a backup image using Macrium and place that image on a drive other than the affected drive
    Macrium Software | Your image is everything
    7) create a bootable windows 10 iso: Download Windows 10
    8) open administrative command prompt and run again: chkdsk /x /r (plan to run this overnight as it may take many hours)

zbook, Jul 19, 2017
  9. Dabamf Win User
    Thank you! I did a clean boot, and decided to try system restore, and it worked! I think the slowdown issue is fixed, but will have to test and confirm.

I tried to redo the chkdsk while in clean boot, but when I click "yes" to "run after restart," nothing happens. This was happening for a while earlier, and then randomly worked the 1 time I posted the log. Now it's not working again. God, windows is unfathomably terrible.

Dabamf, Jul 21, 2017
  10. zbook New Member
    Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste these commands:
    1) chkdsk
    2) chkdsk /scan
    3) chkdsk /x /r

It should display:
    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063]
    (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>chkdsk /x /r
    The type of the file system is NTFS.
    Cannot lock current drive.

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
    process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be
    checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)

4) Y
    5) shutdown /r
    It should now reboot and perform the evaluation and repair of the drive. This may take many hours so plan to run it overnight.

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD randomly every few hours; tried recommended fixes; 0x8007001E - Similar Threads - BSOD randomly every

2. Random BSOD every few hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD every few hours: My computer crashes intermittently even if I'm not there doing anything and it's asleep every once in a while, I don't know what's causing it. The error code reads 139, so following instructions I found on here and used the Driver Verifier, crashing as a result of it, then...
  3. Random BSOD every few hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD every few hours: My computer crashes intermittently even if I'm not there doing anything and it's asleep every once in a while, I don't know what's causing it. The error code reads 139, so following instructions I found on here and used the Driver Verifier, crashing as a result of it, then...
  4. Random BSOD every 12-24 Hours, Tried Everything

Random BSOD every 12-24 Hours, Tried Everything: I have tried many things already, from CMD commands, driver checkers, and pretty much everything you can do up to this point. All my drives and drivers are healthy / updated and even with research I can't seem to find a fix. I completely fresh installed windows and the issue...
  5. Random BSOD that occurs every few hours or so

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD that occurs every few hours or so: About two days ago I started getting Blue screens most commonly while gaming coincidentally after I installed Overwatch 2 I have since uninstalledThe blue screens occur sometimes after a few hours, and sometimes multiple times within a few minutesSome of the BSOD errors that...
  6. Random BSOD that occurs every few hours or so

Random BSOD that occurs every few hours or so: About two days ago I started getting Blue screens most commonly while gaming coincidentally after I installed Overwatch 2 I have since uninstalledThe blue screens occur sometimes after a few hours, and sometimes multiple times within a few minutesSome of the BSOD errors that...
  7. Random BSOD that occurs every few hours or so

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. BSODs Every Few Hours

BSODs Every Few Hours: Hello, my laptop has been having various BSODs throughout this year. In a day it can restart once every two hours. The most common errors are memory management, unexpected store exception, kernel data inpage error, critical process died, bad system config info and invalid...
  9. BSOD every few hours

BSOD every few hours: Hello Community, i'm pretty well tech educated but i am running into some issues with a pc built for my uncle that is experiencing frequent blue screens of death. But we are having issues figuring out which hardware component or driver is failing. The Error/BSOD:...
  10. BSOD every few hours or few days - very random

BSOD every few hours or few days - very random: I added a new video card so I could add a new 4K Dell P2715Q monitor with my current Dell 2407 WFP. The card is a PNY nVidia quadro k620. When I added them I still had Windows 7. Started getting random BSOD with various reasons indicated such as "driver IRQL not less or...