Windows 10: BSOD randomly occurs

Discus and support BSOD randomly occurs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have had the BSOD occurring randomly for the past several days. The computer will just shut down. 22402 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SloMo87, Sep 12, 2015.

1. SloMo87 Win User

BSOD randomly occurs

I have had the BSOD occurring randomly for the past several days. The computer will just shut down.

:)

SloMo87, Sep 12, 2015

2. Randomly Occuring BSOD

Hi,

If you need to check for malware here are my recommendations - these will allow you to do a thorough check and removal without ending up with a load of spyware programs running resident which can cause as many issues as the malware and maybe harder to detect
    as the cause.

No one program can be relied upon to detect and remove all malware. Added that often easy to detect malware is often accompanied by a much harder to detect and remove payload. So its better to be overly thorough now than to pay the high price later. Check with
    these to an extreme overkill point.

How do I find and remove a virus?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/how-find-remove-virus

TDSSKiller.exe. - Download to the Desktop - then go to it and Right Click on it - RUN AS ADMIN it will show any infections in the report after running - if it will not run change the name from tdsskiller.exe to tdsskiller.com. Whether it finds anything or not
    does not mean you should not check with the other methods below.

Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller

Microsoft Safety Scanner

Safety Scanner - Windows Defender Security Intelligence

Malwarebytes - free

Malwarebytes for Windows

SuperAntiSpyware Portable Scanner - Free

SUPERAntiSpyware - SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner

AdwCleaner

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

Hitman Pro is a second opinion scanner, designed to rescue your computer from malware (viruses, trojans, rootkits, etc.) that have infected your computer despite all the security measures you have taken (such as anti virus software, firewalls, etc.).

HitmanPro.Alert Ransomware Prevention, Secondary Scanner and Zero-Day Exploit Protection | hitmanpro.com

What is Windows Defender Offline?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/what-is-windows-defender-offline

Windows Defender Offline system requirements

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/windows-defender-offline-system-requirements

--------------------------------------------------------

If needed here are some online free scanners to help

Online Malware Detection

----------------------------------

http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner

Other Free online scans

antivirus free online scan - Google Search

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows Experience : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Sep 12, 2015
  3. Randomly Occuring BSOD

I've been getting blue screens at various moments. Sometimes they occuring while Windows is booting, and sometimes they occur during general use. I went from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 from the free upgrade.

Here are my minidumps and ouput of MSinfo

BSODPost.zip

DarrenGraziano, Sep 12, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD randomly occurs

Please upload the zip file again, it looks like most of the dump files are corrupt.

5. SloMo87 Win User
    If I need to perform a new dump, please let me know.Attachment 37330

SloMo87, Sep 12, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    It is prefered when you had a new BSOD with a dump file (located at {windows partition}\windows\minidump\).
    But if you have multiple daily, please just 1 or 2.

7. SloMo87 Win User
    My computer just gave me the BSOD again. It was just sitting idle for a few minutes and went to BSOD. Then, during reboot it did it a second time. It also said to read Critical_Process_Died information? The new dump file is attached.

SloMo87, Sep 12, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

BSOD randomly occurs

Please confirm there is a dump file saved at {windows partition}\windows\minidump\.
    I can only read 1 dump of the 4 in the zip file due to a size mismatch or corruption.

For now, there are 2 things I need you to do
    Please do the following:

• Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation", please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

Please do the following:

• Open taskmanager
      • Go to the tab startup
      • disable everything
    • Search msconfig and open it
      • Go to the tab services
      • Check 'hide microsoft services'
      • Uncheck all other services
      • Click apply and click ok
    • Reboot if asked
    See if the problem persist, if the problem does not persist enable in the startup tab in taskmanager 1 item and in the services tab in msconfig also 1 service, reboot and see if the problem persist. Keep doing this until you find the culprit or there is nothing left.

9. SloMo87 Win User
    I completed the scannow and restarted and did scannow again and it did say, "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation". I have not completed any of you #2 items yet. I did look in the /minidump file and there are 4 .dmp files in it. The latest is dated 9/11/2015, but it has 0 KB. The previous one dated 9/10/2015 has 277 KB, but I am not able to upload it to this thread?

If you need me to do anything else to get you some specific file to look at, please let me know.

I will now start working on item #2 you suggested.

SloMo87, Sep 12, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    You cannot upload dump files directly if that is what you're trying, because of that you need to zip it and upload the zip.
    Also, please make sure your pc is configured for small dump files How to configure minidump | Windows 10 tutorial

Thema:

BSOD randomly occurs

1. BSOD randomly occurs - Similar Threads - BSOD randomly occurs

2. BSOD occurring again randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD occurring again randomly: Hello,I've been having an issue with random bsod events. I'll be in the middle of something and randomly I'll get a bsod for a few seconds and then the system restarts. I did a complete refresh and re-install of windows and looks like nothing has changed. If possible I would...
  3. BSOD occurring again randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD occurring again randomly: Hello,I've been having an issue with random bsod events. I'll be in the middle of something and randomly I'll get a bsod for a few seconds and then the system restarts. I did a complete refresh and re-install of windows and looks like nothing has changed. If possible I would...
  4. BSOD occurring randomly - Chia

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD occurring randomly - Chia: I recently started trying to use the Chia program, a crpyto farming program and have been getting BSOD while using it, files are attached below. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnoStfZ-u1nxkz6EkSIKTYvOiwYR?e=tJEdlA...
  5. Random BSOD Started Occuring Randomly

Random BSOD Started Occuring Randomly: Since a couple months ago i have been experiencing random BSOD ocurrences without changing much of my setup. This PC never had any BSOD until i upgraded my PC GPU from a GTX660Ti to a RTX3080. I cannot replicate the error has its completly random when the error occurs. i...
  6. Multiple BSOD occuring randomly

Multiple BSOD occuring randomly: Hi, I've bought brand new PC about 20 days ago. It was working fine for a couple of days but recently I've been having multiple BSOD per day. At first only BSOD I've gotten was APC_INDEX_MISMATCH but then I've got different BSOD's. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL...
  7. Random BSOD occurring

Random BSOD occurring: Hi I am facing random BSOD at random time. Some tine I one my pc and BSOD occurs and sometimes after opening an app. The most common BSOD I get is MEMORY_MANGEMENT. So I checked my RAM with Windows Memory diagnostic tool but it is saying that my RAM is good. So I have...
  8. BSOD occuring randomly with no reason

in Windows 10 Customization
    BSOD occuring randomly with no reason: Hello everybody, I recently built a new computer (specs below) and randomly, I got BSOD. For instance, some days I can use the computer for hours without any trouble and another day BSOD will occur like 4 times in an hour. It happens mostly while playing (crash happens on...
  9. BSOD occurs randomly

BSOD occurs randomly: Hi, I have BSODs occuring randomly, sometimes 2-3 times a day, sometimes nothing for a week. The BSOD says MACHINE_CHECK_ERROR. I updated all the drivers to no avail. 63002
  10. Multiple BSODs randomly occuring

Multiple BSODs randomly occuring: I've had this laptop for a while. 6-8 months or so. It's used, but some stuff had been updated by my dad. I'd almost bricked it once trying to fix this issue myself. Basically, I'm at my wits end. The various error codes make me think it's a driver issue, but I've updated...