Windows 10: BSOD randomly on boot Bad System Config Info.

Discus and support BSOD randomly on boot Bad System Config Info. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been able to boot every time but it pops up on random boots. ran SFC/scannow and it got some errors that it couldn't fix and i got these cbs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by astavn, Jul 28, 2016.

1. astavn Win User

BSOD randomly on boot Bad System Config Info.

I have been able to boot every time but it pops up on random boots. ran SFC/scannow and it got some errors that it couldn't fix and i got these cbs Attachment 92845files. also attached are the requested files.Attachment 92846

Thanks for the help!

:)

astavn, Jul 28, 2016
  2. Zed Blaze Win User

Windows Defender Metro App Crashes

• Not that I know of. But there was some sort of system file conflict with an Operating System I had previously on dual boot. gave me a BSOD everytime on Windows 10 - Bad system config info and inaccessible boot device. I fixed the BSOD by an online guide.
      the defender issue has been occurring since then.
    • None.
    • No.
    • No.

Zed Blaze, Jul 28, 2016
  3. Bad system config info windows 10 on boot up!!!

Just a quick update. After it told me to restore and I let it, it didn't even restore. It restarted errored this same error then started up again.

I'm telling you this is entirely Microsoft's error.

And to anyone who tells people who can't even start the pc to do things in Windows. Think about what your saying. How can they when the machine won't get past the stupid error check screen.

I miss being able to press any key to skip and start normally.

DaveAnderson3, Jul 28, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

This is what the dump says:

Code: BugCheck 74, {2, 1, 3, ffffffffc000009a} Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::NNGAKEGL::`string'+749fd ) BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO (74) Can indicate that the SYSTEM hive loaded by the osloader/NTLDR was corrupt. This is unlikely, since the osloader will check a hive to make sure it isn't corrupt after loading it. It can also indicate that some critical registry keys and values are not present. (i.e. somebody used regedt32 to delete something that they shouldn't have) Booting from LastKnownGood may fix the problem, but if someone is persistent enough in mucking with the registry they will need to reinstall or use the Emergency Repair Disk.[/quote] If you have System Restore enabled, try going back to a restore point before this started happening.
    If not and you can boot into Windows 10, you can try a Refresh or a Repair Install.

Refresh Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

Ztruker, Jul 29, 2016
  5. astavn Win User
    I dont have a system restore point, I was afraid this was going to be the recommendation! I can do a clean install next week but I have some summer college classes I'm taking so I don't want to do that yet. this happened after a power outage and i had to pull the CMOS battery to get my desk top back on. ( apt doesn't have ground, not sure if that is an issue or not) could this be an issue with bios config and Fast boot?

astavn, Jul 29, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Look at the date of the backed up registry files in C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack. They should be dated prior to this problem occurring. If so you can save the current registry files and replace them with the backup files.

Boot from install DVD or flash drive, take the Repair my computer link to get to a Command Prompt. Do the following from the command prompt:
    Change to the directory the registry files are in:cd C:\Windows\System32\configPrompt should be C:\Windows\System32\config>

Create a new directory to save the registry file inmd saveolddir saveold should show the directory exists.

Copy the current registry files to the save directory:copy *.* saveold\dir saveold should show the files in that directory now.

Now copy the backup registry file over the existing files in the current config directory:copy regback\*.* . (note the trailing . )
    Reboot normally, see if the problem is gone. If not or if problems, repeat the above but restore the registry files from the saveold directory to the config directory.

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2016
  7. astavn Win User
    Hmm, looks like all of the files in there were modified earlier this morning, about the time I booted my PC i'm assuming. I've been using MSI Live update to update my drivers, could that be a culprit? also I have most of my programs on a 2nd HDD so a fresh install isn't out of the question at all.

astavn, Jul 30, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

I would try a refresh or repair install first. Save a lot of work if that solves the problem.

Clean install is always a good thing to do but I would wait until the Anniversary update is released on August 2nd to do that. I plan on upgrading and testi9ng then clean installing at a later date.

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2016
  9. astavn Win User
    great, thanks for the advice.

astavn, Jul 30, 2016
  10. Ztruker Win User
    If programs are installed on another drive or partition, doing a Clean install will render most of them unusable until you reinstall them.
    With a Refresh or Repair install, most, if not all, will continue to work afterward.

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2016
  11. astavn Win User
    Looks like the anniversary update cleared up the issue, thanks for the advice.

astavn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD randomly on boot Bad System Config Info. - Similar Threads - BSOD randomly boot

2. Bad system config info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad system config info: Hello! I have problem with my pc with hardware reserved ram and the blue screen "bad system config info". I have total 8gb ram and only 6 is usable.Then i saw videos and information to fix reserved ram in boot options in windows.After this change my ram still reserving 2 gb...
  3. BSOD bad system config info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD bad system config info: Hello,So there's a problem with my laptop Windows 10 Pro NoteBook Recently I was using my laptop, and then I went to restart it because for some reason it was crashing. After the restart I got a BSOD Blue Screen of Death with the error " Bad System config Info " so I've tried...
  4. BSOD bad system config info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD bad system config info: Hello,So there's a problem with my laptop Windows 10 Pro NoteBook Recently I was using my laptop, and then I went to restart it because for some reason it was crashing. After the restart I got a BSOD Blue Screen of Death with the error " Bad System config Info " so I've tried...
  5. BSOD bad system config info

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. “BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO” on boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    “BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO” on boot: When I boot up my Windows 10 PC, the error code BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO comes up. Then the PC restarts by itself. Finally the options Restart and Advanced Options are available.I tried many methods throughout the internet, none worked. So I used another HDD with Windows 10 to...
  7. BSOD Bad System Config Info

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD Bad System Config Info: Hi can anyone help? I can't access safe mode and normal mode in Windows 10 it always gives a BSOD saying BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO. I'm not sure how I can boot through USB too. submitted by /u/Kian_omq [link] [comments]...
  8. Bad system config info

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bad system config info: Bad system config info https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-system-config-info/a004c111-41f4-410c-8858-294bdfcece64
  9. bad system config info

in Windows 10 Customization
    bad system config info: computer not booting in windows. get the message above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-system-config-info/0323eef5-9bcd-4ad7-9c64-12e201e88a24
  10. BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO: I’ve tried virtually everything I can find online and I’ve had enough of it. My computer has been in a “auto repair” “repair didn’t work” loop for like two weeks and I’m going insane, is there any way I can just use my computer and fix this? It doesn’t let me reset it and...