Windows 10: BSOD reference_by_pointer while playing video in WMP. Logonui.exe 0x0

Discus and support BSOD reference_by_pointer while playing video in WMP. Logonui.exe 0x0 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys, just registered here but I have had this problem a few times and managed to solve it but now I can not. I was watching a flv file in WMP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by inicdam, Sep 2, 2015.

1. inicdam Win User

BSOD reference_by_pointer while playing video in WMP. Logonui.exe 0x0

Hi guys, just registered here but I have had this problem a few times and managed to solve it but now I can not.

I was watching a flv file in WMP and got this BSOD that said REFERENCE_BY_POINTER and my laptop restarted .
    After restart, I get a black screen, a few seconds go by and turns to green. Login sound, now the screen flickers back and forth from green to black and get the error logonui.exe memory couldn't be written. I press ok and the error appears again and again and again.

Restart and keeps happening.
    F8 wont boot intolerancia safe mode, shift + f8 neither. Before I was able to access a menu that allowed me to restart in safe mode but now it wont (although it makes a beep sound indicating it will get to the menu but goes directly to the login screen)

My specs
    Hp dv7 4087
    Ati radeon + Intel hd switchable graphics
    6 gb ram
    500 gb hard drive

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Ps: sorry for the mistakes, english is not my main language + I am using my mobile phone.

:)

inicdam, Sep 2, 2015
  2. inicdam Win User

BSOD reference_by_pointer. Logonui.exe 0x0 error cant login.

inicdam, Sep 2, 2015
  3. inicdam Win User
    BSOD reference_by_pointer. Logonui.exe 0x0 error cant login.

Nevermind, formated and installed windows 7...

Regards!

inicdam, Sep 2, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi inicdam,

Welcome to the 10forums.
    Please read BSOD Posting Instructions

Please fill in your system specsPlease go to this site and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

BSOD reference_by_pointer while playing video in WMP. Logonui.exe 0x0 [​IMG]

BSOD reference_by_pointer while playing video in WMP. Logonui.exe 0x0 [​IMG]

axe0, Sep 2, 2015
  5. inicdam Win User
    Hi, thanks for the reply

I read that thread but, as I stated above, I couldn't login *Smile

Anyways, I formated an installed windows 7... less of a headache!

You can mark this as solved.

Regards!

inicdam, Sep 3, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Apologies, must have missed that part.

You can mark this solved then *Wink

axe0, Sep 3, 2015
  7. inicdam Win User
    Thanks axe, silly me I didn't see the big green button!!

Regards!

inicdam, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD reference_by_pointer while playing video in WMP. Logonui.exe 0x0 - Similar Threads - BSOD reference_by_pointer while

2. BSOD reference_by_pointer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD reference_by_pointer: My Dell XPS 13 9380 has blue screened about 6 times now, i have an exam on wednesday and i really need some help.i have a folder containing the DMP files and MSinfo output.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AovuQEIc9cWBz2fMLDDqyd6jlZHu?e=ZQY9VSi think anyone can see that now so also let me...
  3. BSOD reference_by_pointer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD reference_by_pointer: My Dell XPS 13 9380 has blue screened about 6 times now, i have an exam on wednesday and i really need some help.i have a folder containing the DMP files and MSinfo output.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AovuQEIc9cWBz2fMLDDqyd6jlZHu?e=ZQY9VSi think anyone can see that now so also let me...
  4. BSOD "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER"

BSOD "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER": I've been getting some "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" BSOD when shutting down/restarting the computer, but other times more rarely it happened randomly.I downloaded "Windbg Preview" to analyze the memory dump and this is the result of the analysis:kd> !analyze...
  5. BSOD While playing Video Games

BSOD While playing Video Games: Hey Guys, since this morning i received multiple BSOD while playing video games. I reinstalled Windows just to be sure and only installed the software i really needed. This Error only appears while playing video games. I already did the Hard drive and Memtest with...
  6. WMP playing audio but no video in WMV files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMP playing audio but no video in WMV files: Hello all, Tried searching but couldn't find similar posts. WMP in Windows 10 will play audio but no video for all WMV files. It just started 1-2 weeks ago. I actually did a clean install and downloaded some codec packages to no avail. Anyone have similar issue or know a...
  7. BSoD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER & SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

BSoD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER & SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Hello, Recently I've been getting quite a lot of bluescreens while playing games and it has become quite a problem for me. Since I'm not really experienced with software issues, I'd like to ask for help with this one. Basically while playing a game it will freeze from time...
  8. BSOD while playing amazon videos

BSOD while playing amazon videos: Hi , My system is crashing whenever I play Amazon prime videos in any browser. This doesnot occures with any other VOD like netflix or ZEE5. Following are the DMP and other details required for analyzing the issue System nfo and dmp...
  9. REFERENCE_BY_POINTER BSOD

REFERENCE_BY_POINTER BSOD: Hello, I recently started encountering a "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" BSOD after the last Windows 10 update. It happens randomly and I haven't changed any programs on my system so I do not know what the cause would be. I have uploaded both MSInfo and the DMP from the most recent...
  10. BSOD while playing video games.

BSOD while playing video games.: So I've been having bsod problems for the past month or so and they seem to always happen when I'm playing games, mainly Ark:Survival evolved and Overwatch. It doesn't happen after a few minutes or anything but after a long gaming session like 5-8 hours it would bsod. Here is...