Windows 10: BSOD related to Edge (WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR)

Discus and support BSOD related to Edge (WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I tried to install Win10 on a Medion Akoya S6214T (MD 99440). I used the media creation tool for a fresh install. When the installation finished... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Whirlwind, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Whirlwind Win User

BSOD related to Edge (WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR)

Hi,
    I tried to install Win10 on a Medion Akoya S6214T (MD 99440). I used the media creation tool for a fresh install. When the installation finished and the desktop loaded in about 10 seconds later a BSOD occured.

Since I hadn't installed any drivers I booted into safe mode and installed the latest chipset, VGA, audio and network drivers. After rebooting the crash happened again. However, after tinkering around a little I noticed that the crash doesn't immedietly happen if the edge process is killed via task manager.

Browsing with firefox works just fine, but after around 20 minutes the system crashes anyway. Starting up OneDrive seems to accelerate the process.

I also tried using the drivers from the original recovery disc (for Win 8.1), with the same results.

Any suggestions?

:)

Whirlwind, Aug 15, 2018

2. Previously getting network adapter related BSODs, new one has occured

I've getting getting the following BSODs infrequently: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, both of which are related to CPU crashes unless I'm mistaken. I'm just wondering about some steps to take that might help this out.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1E2gKRWnsDg7_hLd9QHsxubPNqJj8zNw-?usp=sharing

the-ultra-nerd, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 15, 2018
  4. BSOD related to Edge (WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR)

BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR nt_wrong_symbols.sys

Hi,

I just finished installing win10 on my new computer and I randomly have BSOD : WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Running WhoCrashed, I have this message :

On Thu 04/01/2018 12:52:26 your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010418-5625-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: nt_wrong_symbols.sys (nt_wrong_symbols)

Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFB60A6AF4D028, 0xB2000000, 0x70005)

Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).

This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nt_wrong_symbols.sys .

Google query: nt_wrong_symbols.sys WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

What I have done :

- checked my drivers using drivercloud

- checked my memory using windows memory diagnostic tools at startup

- checked the CPU : stress test with CPU-Z, maximal temperature is around 70°C

- graphic drivers are up to date

I have look for an answer but can't find anything.

Here is the link to the last MiniDump : MiniDump_18-01-04

Bobdu94_071, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

BSOD related to Edge (WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR)

1. BSOD related to Edge (WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR) - Similar Threads - BSOD related Edge

2. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD related to Genuine Intel, PSHED.dll and NTOSKRNL.exe.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD related to Genuine Intel, PSHED.dll and NTOSKRNL.exe.: Hello, I have been getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD's for over 2 months on my Windows 11 desktop. I am not good with computers at all.After gaming for more than 30 minutes, I get the blue screen followed by a loud continuous buzzing sound. At first, I used bluescreen...
  3. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD related to Genuine Intel, PSHED.dll and NTOSKRNL.exe.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD related to Genuine Intel, PSHED.dll and NTOSKRNL.exe.: Hello, I have been getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD's for over 2 months on my Windows 11 desktop. I am not good with computers at all.After gaming for more than 30 minutes, I get the blue screen followed by a loud continuous buzzing sound. At first, I used bluescreen...
  4. BSOD causing WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - related to hal.dll, ntoskrnl.exe, and pshed.dll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD causing WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - related to hal.dll, ntoskrnl.exe, and pshed.dll: My computer has crashed twice in two days with the minidumps found in my onedrive: minidumps Both times gave a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, and inspection using Nirsoft's BlueScreenViewer shows they are related to hal.dll, ntoskrnl.exe, and pshed.dll. I have been having...
  5. bsod WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

bsod WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: I have spent a month trying out multiple things to fix this error, yet none of it has worked, from using Windows Memory Diagnostic to resetting my pc. I have some of the errors that happened recently here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AozCYWxP6q71jSflW-syxiVQUW_0?e=ZMUnCX and some...
  6. Bsod WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Bsod WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: I have spent a month trying out multiple things to fix this error, yet none of it has worked, from using Windows Memory Diagnostic to resetting my pc. I have some of the errors that happened recently here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AozCYWxP6q71jSflW-syxiVQUW_0?e=ZMUnCX and some...
  7. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD: Hello, I have been getting this BSOD error for quite a while now and have tried many "fixes". I have tried: Prime95 MEMTEST86+ Speccy to monitor temperatures furmark verifier chkdsk sfc /scannow All of these tests show no errors and temperatures are normal. Inside...
  8. BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: As the title indicates I've been getting non-stop BSOD for months now and finally had the patience to do smthing about it but cant seem to fix it. I have done almost everything I can, I've done memtest86 but RAMS are not at fault, I tried different GPU but still get it, I...
  9. Bsod: Whea_uncorrectable_error

Bsod: Whea_uncorrectable_error: For the past month, I have been trying to diagonose the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD. The issue started occurring after I upgraded to Windows 10 build 1151. I had updates disabled for a while, and I believe that it is some kind of chipset driver and hardware issue....
  10. BSOD WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error

BSOD WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error: Hello everyone, I've recently purchased a new SSD and upon receiving it decided to do a complete wipe of my system including resetting BIOS back to default. I have two SSD's installed in my system, with the OS installed onto the old ssd. This error has been happening...