Windows 10: BSOD Repair Loop Critical_Process_Died

Discus and support BSOD Repair Loop Critical_Process_Died in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've been wrestling with this problem for last 2 days and I don't seem to be able to find an answer anywhere hence I'm posting here. Firstly, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jban0811, Sep 3, 2015.

1. jban0811 Win User

BSOD Repair Loop Critical_Process_Died

Hi, I've been wrestling with this problem for last 2 days and I don't seem to be able to find an answer anywhere hence I'm posting here. Firstly, I can't generate the dumpfile as I can't access windows at all. I can't access it through any boot options including safe mode.

I've recently upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 through the microsoft updater.

The only major thing I did before this happened was installing the AMD CCC and rebooting, which caused this loop. I actually reinstalled it as switchable graphics wasn't working.

Things I've tried -
    1. Automatic Repair - doesn't work. txt file in srt folder says the OS version is not compatible even if I use the Windows 10 usb.

2. chkdsk /f /r - it fixed a bunch of things, there seemed to be a lot of problems but now it says that there is no problems and no further action is required.

3. Fixing and rewriting bcd files - This was the interesting part because my computer some how changed the C:\ to D:\ and created a new C:\. I've reassigned it so that original C:\ is renamed back to C:\ and removed the new C:\ partition which only had the boot files in it and reformed all the bcd files in original C:\

4. I can't run sfc /scanow. It doesn't work with any commands I found over the internet.

5. Other things I found were that if I tried to reset the computer while keeping the files, it doesn't allow me to do it.
    Also, I found out that some of my drivers were missing by using devcon - graphics (both integrated intel, dedicated radeon m6740) some sound cards, single usb driver.
    Also when I installed thne integrated intel graphics driver through pnputil, when I restart the computer, the driver disappears and comes up with code 28 again.

I don't mind doing a fresh install but only if I am able to access my current hd files and create a backup, which hopefully should be possible because I can access the files through cmd prompt in WindowsRE.

:)

jban0811, Sep 3, 2015
  2. LudwigAJ Win User

BSODs since yesterday when using GPU intensive programs.

The BSOD is always: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

LudwigAJ, Sep 3, 2015
  3. #Charles Win User
    Critical_process_died with BSoD

I recently upgraded my HP G6 Pavilion laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, after a few weeks while I was working with my laptop it gave a BSoD with the error Critical_Process_Died and needs to restart. Ever since then I can't access my login screen as
    it keeps looping during boot. Please anyone with a viable solution that doesn't require me loosing my files. Thanks

#Charles, Sep 3, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi jban0811,

Welcome to the 10forums.

What I want to try first is a clean boot, this to see if a program is interfering with the boot.

Please try to access the command prompt in the advanced options when you are in the recovery options.
    When you have the command prompt open type the following commands:
    start msconfig
    start taskmgr.exe

In the msconfig, go to the services tab, check 'hide microsoft services' and disable every other service

In the taskmanager, go to the startup tab and disable everything.

Go back to msconfig, click apply, click ok and reboot the system.

axe0, Sep 3, 2015
  5. jban0811 Win User
    Hi, I've tried to do as you said. I can't get into msconfig from X: because it doesn't exist and in C:\windows\system32, it says i don't have sufficient privileges to run system configuration even though the cmd is running as Administrator: X:\windows\SYSTEM32\cmd.exe

Also in the taskmanager it doesn't seem to have the startup tab and it looks like the older taskmanagers, not the one from windows 10.

Thanks!

jban0811, Sep 3, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    It sounds like your hard drive has locked itself to prevent more damage, do you have some software installed that could do this?
    Unfortunately I do not know a way to unlock the hard drive.
    I do know a way to make the OS partition active, but there is no garantee that it then will allow you to access msconfig.

There is also a way to backup your files and then fresh install windows 10.

Your choice what you want to try.

axe0, Sep 3, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    I just found a possible way,

In command prompt enter the following commands
    Bootrec /fixMBR
    bootrec /fixBoot
    bootrec /rebuildBCD

And try the repair again.

In most cases when the hard drive is locked the master boot file has been corrupted, these commands should fix that.

axe0, Sep 3, 2015
  8. jban0811 Win User

I've tried it. but still the same message with msconfig telling me to run this utility as a user in the admin group. and everything else seems to be the same.

jban0811, Sep 3, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    Do you have some restore points created?

axe0, Sep 3, 2015
  10. jban0811 Win User
    unfortunately I don't. I upgraded to windows 10 just a few days ago so any points are from windows 7

jban0811, Sep 3, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    In command prompt enter the following commands to see the drive partitions
    Code: diskpart list disk select disk X (choose the hard drive of windows) list partition[/quote] Please make a photo of the partitions and post it here

12. jban0811 Win User
    Please make a photo of the partitions and post it here[/quote] I will type it out

Partition ### Type Size Offset
    Partition 1 Primary 440 GB 200 MB
    Partition 2 Primary 20 GB 440 GB
    Partition 3 Primary 4063 MB 461 GB

Partition 1 is the C: with everything in it
    Partition 2 is what came with the laptop on purchase as the recovery
    Partition 3 is HP_Tools, not sure what it's for

jban0811, Sep 3, 2015
  13. axe0 New Member

Do you have an EFI partition?

14. jban0811 Win User
    I don't think so but
    Not sure how to find that out.

jban0811, Sep 3, 2015
  15. jban0811 Win User
    nope i don't seem to have it

jban0811, Sep 3, 2015
Thema:

1. BSOD Repair Loop Critical_Process_Died - Similar Threads - BSOD Repair Loop

2. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Loop: My pc had a blue screen loop when ever I am in the login screen. I can’t click on any key on my keyboard because that doesnt work I tested my keyboard on a other device and it worked perfect. But I can enter bios or something else but when I am in the login screen my monitor...
  3. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Loop: My pc had a blue screen loop when ever I am in the login screen. I can’t click on any key on my keyboard because that doesnt work I tested my keyboard on a other device and it worked perfect. But I can enter bios or something else but when I am in the login screen my monitor...
  4. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows startup repair loop BSOD after update Critical_Process_Died

Windows startup repair loop BSOD after update Critical_Process_Died: Startup repair, uninstall updates, safe mode and system restore don't work. Maybe first BSOD was SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I cannot include windows version number. I don't have any diagnostic files. 184050
  6. Critical_Process_Died loop, nothing works :/

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical_Process_Died loop, nothing works :/: idk if this helps, but I'm on a self-built system. So last night I was using my computer fairly normal. I was chatting on discord, playing GTA online, and my friends wanted me to change our clubs picture. I opened chrome to do so and my game started to lag and break, so I...
  7. I’m stuck in a BSoD boot loop with the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error, and it’s a really...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I’m stuck in a BSoD boot loop with the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error, and it’s a really...: I use Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series 3137, 64-bit computer, 64-bit processor, 2 GB RAM (thought that would be relevant). The other day, I was playing a game right before we went out, and I pressed Alt and F4 frantically, but the game had frozen as a result of that, so I...
  8. Critical Process died and disk repair loop

Critical Process died and disk repair loop: Hi all, I've been having problems recently with my laptop (Samsung 7 series) freezing. I then get a pop up saying "windows has stopped working", and it either unfreeze after a few minutes or I need to force close it. This happened again yesterday, and wouldn't...
  9. Bsod: Critical_process_died

Bsod: Critical_process_died: The BSOD: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED occurred while playing Spider Solitaire, which is by itself not a critical process. A BSOD was previously posted for this system, but while the system was using an SSD drive. I've returned to the original HDD to avoid the SSD-related BSODs....
  10. BSOD loop, stop code: critical_process_died

BSOD loop, stop code: critical_process_died: Computer Model: Lenova Yoga 720 Sorry I can't provide much information because I am locked out of my computer. A few days back, I attempted to do a clean installation of Windows 10 on my laptop through a system reset. The system reset failed and it keeps taking me through...