Windows 10: BSOD resuming from Hibernate

Discus and support BSOD resuming from Hibernate in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This also happened with Windows 8.x but it persisted after I upgraded to Windows 10. It's an older machine with limited support, but I'd like to try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Avid, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Avid Win User

BSOD resuming from Hibernate

This also happened with Windows 8.x but it persisted after I upgraded to Windows 10.

It's an older machine with limited support, but I'd like to try and use it if I can. It's a tank of a laptop.

Attachment 40024

Thanks

:)

2. "Fresh Start" Windows 10 - ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY error in windows 10

Hi

"Is the system operating under normal conditions?"

- I would say, it is fine most of the time UNLESS you need to sleep / hibernate ... at which point it now consistently loses the saved state and invariably reboots Windows... I have noticed the past two resumes from Hibernate have caused BSOD's ... these
    have been the only two times I've resumed from Hibernate since the OP above... so it's 2 out of 2.

I'll give DDU etc. a try and keep y'all posted.

Thanks again!

PS - since the most recent BSOD, I've added the latest MINIDUMP and MSINFO to the Google Drive...

CSIR Bryan, Sep 28, 2015
  3. KarLozano Win User
    BSOD when resume from Hibernate

Thank you for your reply, after the blue Screen I restart the laptop and I can use it.

I'm using: Windows 10 Pro Version: 1709 Build: 16299.125

I haven't changed the hardware, But I ran the Windows Update.

Thank you for your help.

KarLozano, Sep 28, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Avid,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please remove KMSpico and the software that has been activated with KMSpico to start with.

The crashes are caused by a driver that is likely being used for reading micro ssd cards.
    Please check your manufacturer for driver updates.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ESD7SK.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ESD7SK.sys 0: kd> lmvm ESD7SK start end module name fffff800`bff50000 fffff800`bff63000 ESD7SK T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: ESD7SK.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\ESD7SK.sys Image name: ESD7SK.sys Timestamp: Fri Nov 17 03:53:53 2006 (455D2441) CheckSum: 0000EE88 ImageSize: 00013000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

Thema:

1. BSOD resuming from Hibernate - Similar Threads - BSOD resuming Hibernate

2. BugCheck resuming from Hibernate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BugCheck resuming from Hibernate: Hi, Everyday when I stop working, I put my computer in hibernate mode. Next morning when I turn on the PC, it simply don't resume correctly from hibernate mode. It doesn't show anything, but, checking the Event Viewer I have identified an event like this: Log Name:...
  3. Resume from Hibernate Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Resume from Hibernate Issue: Hello, I normally use Hibernate when machine is not needed for extended periods. Previously, machine would start at the same place where I left it, including all programs open etc. Now, with 1909 and maybe even a prior version, I noticed that all open programs are now...
  4. Memory Management BSOD after resuming from hibernate mode

Memory Management BSOD after resuming from hibernate mode: So my computer has this setting on that I can't find a way to turn off that puts my computer into hibernate mode after a certain amount of idle time. Yesterday, I began having an issue where the computer (which I am typing this on) will go bluescreen with the code...
  5. BSOD Resuming from hibernation state

BSOD Resuming from hibernation state: Widows 10 1709 - just powered up from hibernation, instant blue screen. This is one particular instance of several blue screen experienced on several devices - not all happening at hibernation resume but hoping someone might have some insight. Thanks! 120259
  6. Computer resumes automatically from hibernation!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer resumes automatically from hibernation!!: Hello Guys, I've Configured my Desktop Server to accept WOL packets, Every thing works fine and it wakes from shutdown with no problems over lan. Ok my main problem is that if i tried to hibernate the machine , th machine turns off and after 2 seconds it resumes...
  7. Hibernation Resume

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernation Resume: When I resume from hibernation It goes thru screens asking if I like this one. How do I stop this? 32155
  8. Laptop slow to resume from Hibernate.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop slow to resume from Hibernate.: When I resume my laptop from hibernation it does the following: - the windows logo and circle of dots appears - then the screen goes black - then I get a coloured screen with circle of rotating dots - then a sound which is like a USB device being inserted and immediately...
  9. Resume From Hibernate Crash! [Shut down instead resume]]

in Windows 10 Support
    Resume From Hibernate Crash! [Shut down instead resume]]: Toshiba Satellite S55-B5268 hibernate is not work, when select hibernate, Win 10 goes to hibernate, after about 10 second screen will be black and laptop will be off. When press Power button to resume from Hibernate, after 5 second laptop goes off automatically, and when...
  10. "Resume from Hibernation"?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Resume from Hibernation"?: I have been using Win10 since July. It has been working fine. Just recently I noticed a blue screen at boot up stating, "resume from hibernation". I have never used hibernation in my life. Sleep mode, yes. Hibernation, no. But I have an SSD and don't use sleep anymore. I do a...