Windows 10: BSOD seemingly random driver_irql_not_less_or equal (etd.sys)

Discus and support BSOD seemingly random driver_irql_not_less_or equal (etd.sys) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been having BSOD at random times, mostly while playing games, last few have been while i have been playing overwatch. The error it says is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JBR97, Aug 29, 2016.

1. JBR97 Win User

BSOD seemingly random driver_irql_not_less_or equal (etd.sys)

I have been having BSOD at random times, mostly while playing games, last few have been while i have been playing overwatch. The error it says is driver_irql_not_less_or equal (etd.sys), mini-dump files below

:)

JBR97, Aug 29, 2016
  2. Neilcs Win User

Seemingly random BSODs

Running with verifier crashed immediately upon booting. Dump file is here: 100616 crash dump

Crash was caused by intcdaud.sys.

On Fri 10/7/2016 12:10:53 AM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\100616-22468-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: intcdaud.sys (IntcDAud+0x1F602)

Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x2000, 0xFFFFF802DFC1F602, 0x0, 0x20437A41)

Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\intcdaud.sys

product: Intel(R) Display Audio

company: Intel(R) Corporation

description: Intel(R) Display Audio Driver

Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: intcdaud.sys (Intel(R) Display Audio Driver, Intel(R) Corporation).

Google query: Intel(R) Corporation DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

On Fri 10/7/2016 12:10:53 AM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: intcdaud.sys (IntcDAud+0x1F602)

Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x2000, 0xFFFFF802DFC1F602, 0x0, 0x20437A41)

Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\intcdaud.sys

product: Intel(R) Display Audio

company: Intel(R) Corporation

description: Intel(R) Display Audio Driver

Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: intcdaud.sys (Intel(R) Display Audio Driver, Intel(R) Corporation).

Google query: Intel(R) Corporation DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

Neilcs, Aug 29, 2016
  3. Seemingly random BSODs

These crashes were related to memory corruption (probably caused by a driver).

Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem. Please run verifier first. You do not need to run memtest yet unless verifier does not find the cause, or you want to.

If you are over-clocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
    In other words STOP!!! If you do not know what this means you probably are not

1-Driver verifier (for complete directions see our wiki here)

2-Memtest. (You can read more about running memtest here)

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Aug 29, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello and welcome to TenForums *Smile

The ETD.sys is a driver file for your smartpad which you can see from the code below is dated Sept 2015. If possible, use the manufacturer's website to update the driver:

Code: 0: kd> lmvm etd Browse full module list start end module name fffff800`0f050000 fffff800`0f0c3000 ETD T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: ETD.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ETD.sys Image name: ETD.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Thu Sep 10 12:42:13 2015 (55F16C95) CheckSum: 00078693 ImageSize: 00073000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Your system specs do not reveal very much - please update them in your profile.

philc43, Aug 29, 2016
  5. JBR97 Win User
    Your system specs do not reveal very much - please update them in your profile.[/quote] I updated my system specs to the best of my knowledge, with regards to my driver problem, i used the device manager to search for new drives for the elan smart pad but it said i had the latest one, then i searched the internet and could not find any drives for download on the elantech website, so im kind of lost on what to do to fix my problem.

JBR97, Aug 29, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    I noticed that your W10 has not updated to the latest Ver 1607. If you wanted to see if this makes any difference you could try and update by manually doing it from the following link. The upgrade can take over an hour and involves several restarts of your system.

philc43, Aug 29, 2016
  7. JBR97 Win User
    I have updated windows 10 hopefully it fixes the problem, thanks for the help

JBR97, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD seemingly random driver_irql_not_less_or equal (etd.sys) - Similar Threads - BSOD seemingly random

2. BSOD PAGE_FAULT_NONPAGED_AREA, Wdf01000.sys seems to be the culprit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD PAGE_FAULT_NONPAGED_AREA, Wdf01000.sys seems to be the culprit: Hello!System specs:ASUS Rog Strix x570-e gaming moboGeForce 3090 TiRyzen 9 5900x32gb of ddr4 G.Skill ram running at 3600mhzSamsung 980 1TB pro nvmeSamsung 860 500gbToday sweden time at ca 1pm I restarted my pc to go into safemode. After restarting my pc I got met with a BSOD...
  3. BSOD PAGE_FAULT_NONPAGED_AREA, Wdf01000.sys seems to be the culprit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD PAGE_FAULT_NONPAGED_AREA, Wdf01000.sys seems to be the culprit: Hello!System specs:ASUS Rog Strix x570-e gaming moboGeForce 3090 TiRyzen 9 5900x32gb of ddr4 G.Skill ram running at 3600mhzSamsung 980 1TB pro nvmeSamsung 860 500gbToday sweden time at ca 1pm I restarted my pc to go into safemode. After restarting my pc I got met with a BSOD...
  4. BSOD PAGE_FAULT_NONPAGED_AREA, Wdf01000.sys seems to be the culprit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Etd. Sys failed please help me in this

in Windows 10 Customization
    Etd. Sys failed please help me in this: Hi, I just have a query related to system thread exception not handle error code etd.sys..... Please help me in this query and provide suitable solution to my query please......
  6. Seemingly Random BSOD's

Seemingly Random BSOD's: Hi everyone, I've had a problem for a while with my computer where it seems to randomly Blue Screen. I've been trying to figure out what's been going on for a while when I was finally directed to the Event Viewer. Here was the latest BSOD error I had. The computer has...
  7. Crash IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR EQUAL

Crash IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR EQUAL: I got this crash about 1 month ago, and i still can't fix it. In this crash crashed 3 drivers atikmdag.sys, dx gmms2.sys, ntoskrnl.exe What I can do? This crash happens when i change games resolution from fullscreen to windowed. [ATTACH]...
  8. Seemingly random BSOD's

Seemingly random BSOD's: Hey! So I made a new build back in September, and have been getting what seems to be random BSOD's since. It varies, but it happens once or twice a day, on average. It might be a coincidence, but it does not seem to happen while gaming. I have tried updating various drivers...
  9. Seemingly Random BSoD

Seemingly Random BSoD: Hello, I bought a Laptop about six months ago, and immediatly expirienced crashes. They happen seemingly at random. No matter what I'm doing, and the error on the BSoD has given a variaty of reasons over the months. I've done two or three clean installs of windows 10 and...
  10. BSOD at seemingly random times, IRQL not less or equal (ndis.sys)

BSOD at seemingly random times, IRQL not less or equal (ndis.sys): I don't remember for sure if it said ndis.sys, but I'm almost positive it was. Anyways, I get this BSOD at random times, it usually happens while I'm streaming a video on YouTube or Netflix but I'm not sure if there's any correlation since that's what I'm usually doing. I...