Windows 10: BSOD several times per day... all different reasons. Need help!

Discus and support BSOD several times per day... all different reasons. Need help! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I built a PC about a year ago. It ran pretty well until a few months ago. Now I'm getting a BSOD pretty much every time I try to use it. Once it BSODs,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kodiak1120, Apr 4, 2017.

1. BSOD several times per day... all different reasons. Need help!

I built a PC about a year ago. It ran pretty well until a few months ago. Now I'm getting a BSOD pretty much every time I try to use it. Once it BSODs, it seems it easily BSODs again right after and gets stuck in a sort of loop where it restarts and then BSOD within 5 minutes after a restart. I can't even begin to list all of the BSOD error messages I've gotten, but the most common seems to be MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (0x0000001A). After my last crash I got: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, but I don't remember getting that one before. Other than those, I've also gotten BAD_POOL_HEADER and SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I may have gotten others too, but I can't remember.

When I check my EventViewer log, all I see for critical errors are Kernel Power 41, which I think is just indicating that the PC shut down unexpectedly.

As far as Warnings in the EventViewer, I'm getting a TON of DeviceSetupManager errors. I'm also generally getting a TON of other errors. I mean like an error is being reported every minute or two.

My specs are:

ASRocks H97M Pro 4
    CX750M PSU
    Intel i5 4590 CPU
    2 Rx480 GPUs (in crossfire)
    PNY 8GB PC312800 DDR3DIMM Memeory (x2)
    Seagate 1TB ATA Hard drive

Also, my DiskUsage under Task Manager is always 100% when the computer first starts and stays there for several minutes. It seems really slow (considering my specs) on start up. Once it's up and running, and the disk usage goes down, it's pretty snappy (except when it crashes).

Lastly, Google Chrome seems to trigger the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error a lot. Not sure if there is a correlation, or if it just so happens that I use Chrome a lot and it's a coincidence.

:)

kodiak1120, Apr 4, 2017

2. BSOD several times a day. Need help.

When you're done with the blue screen troubleshooter, your next step is to have a clean boot. Your computer usually requires your operating system to be restored to a basic state by performing this. You can visit this link:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    for instructions.

After you successfully rebooted your computer, we recommend that you run the built-in utility called
    System File Checker tool. It helps the computer to detect, perform scanning, repairing, and restoring of missing or corrupted files of a computer. You can visit this link:
    Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system
    files
    to know how to run this tool.

Get back to us if there are any findings after the scan.

Johann Eva, Apr 4, 2017
  3. BSOD several times a day. Need help.

Hi Johann,

Thank you for you quick response! Here are answers to your questions:

• Which version or build of Windows device are you using? To know, press
      Windows + R
      to open the Run window. Type winver
      and press Enter. A new window will open showing the version and build number of your Windows device.

Frank: Version 1709, Build 16299.248
    • Are you using a PC or a laptop? What is the exact make and model of it?

Frank: It ist a laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon, Model 20A7, it has 8GB RAM
    • What is the edition of Windows operating system installed when you bought this computer?

Frank: Originally Windows 7 was installed. I upgraded it to Windows 10 more than one year ago.
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experience this issue?

Frank: As I remember there were no major changes. Just regular Windows updates, automatically installed as soon as they are available.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Frank:

1) I installed 2 or 3 driver updates which were not provided by windows update, but provided by the ThinkPad update software installed on my machine ("Lenovo Vantage"). After that neither Windows nor Lenovo find more updates to recommend. However the BSOD problem
      was not solved by these updates.

2) By going through the troubleshooting procedure using the Windows "Driver Verifier" I stressed drivers and identified critical drivers. By doing this test for each individual non-Microsoft driver I identified two critical drivers causing BSOD when getting
      stressed:

Intel Serial IO I2C Host Controller - 9C62 driver (iaLPSSi_I2C.sys). The installed driver version
      1.1.253.0 is up to date. There is no further version available on Intels website. Regarding this driver I did not do more so far, only stressing it and causing BSODs.

Another driver (SleeN1964.sys). I found out that the driver belongs to an encryption software from Steganos which I use daily for very long tome now. I removed the Steganos software and reinstalled it. This did not fix the BSOD problems. After
      removing the Steganos software and bofore reinstalling it I stressed the remaining drivers again using Windows dirver verifier. However BSODs happened again.
    • Did you enable your anti-virus programs?

Frank: Yes, I use GData Anti Virus. It is allways enabled and up to date.
    • Have you already scanned your computer for viruses and threats?

Frank: Yes I run several tests for vius infection using installed as well as external antivirus software. I also scanned the laptop für safety gaps regarding the latests threads by
      Meltdown and Spectre. The computer seems to be clean and safe.
    • How much free space do you have on your hard disk?

Frank: 37GB free on "C" where Windows is installed
    • How many programs/applications running on your computer after the blue screen error occurs?

Frank: Whe blue screen occurs typically 3-5 programs are running at the same time. Typical programs are Microsoft Office 365: Outlook, Word, Excel / Browser: Firefox / maybe 1 or 2 other programs like scan software. Sometimes I also use software that stresses
      the system a bit more, like Photoshop. But I did not see a difference in blue screen problem behaviour.
    • What is your PC system specifications? To know, follow these steps:
      • Press Windows + S to open Search Box. Type
        About then click it.
      • Send us the screenshot.

Frank: see below

BSOD several times per day...  all different reasons.  Need help! [​IMG]
    I will work through your recommended troubleshoot guidelines, as well.

Thank you for your help in advance!

All the best,

Frank

FrankPfeffer1, Apr 4, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

BSOD several times per day... all different reasons. Need help!

Hello *Smile

Please check the heading of this section for BSOD Posting Instructions and follow the procedure to provide us with the logfiles we need to analyse the crashes. Thanks!

philc43, Apr 4, 2017
  5. I just added the log files. Thanks.

kodiak1120, Apr 4, 2017
  6. While waiting for an answer, I started searching other threads about the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error, and I saw reference to MemTest86+, so I downloaded it and created a boot USB stick and ran it. It's only 22% of the way completed and I have +370,000 errors. I think that means I have a RAM problem. I'm going to buy new RAM and run it again. Hopefully it's not a MB issue.

kodiak1120, Apr 5, 2017
  7. That is what I have gathered from the files you uploaded. That, plus so many errors from memtest86 would most definitely indicate a RAM issue. Bad RAM can cause a whole host of interesting errors to come up.

ArazelEternal, Apr 5, 2017
  8. BSOD several times per day... all different reasons. Need help!

Thanks. I removed one of the sticks and re-ran the test. So far, zero errors. I submitted an RMA to PNY. Hopefully this solves my issues. Thanks again.

kodiak1120, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD several times per day... all different reasons. Need help!

1. BSOD several times per day... all different reasons. Need help! - Similar Threads - BSOD several times

2. BSOD several times per day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD several times per day: I was a happy owner of Surface Laptop 4, and it started over a year ago with random BSOD once a month. Now it comes to several BSODs per day :-I think it started progressing after upgrading to Windows 11, but I'm unsure.I'm not doing anything special on this laptop, mostly...
  3. BSOD several times per day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD several times per day: I was a happy owner of Surface Laptop 4, and it started over a year ago with random BSOD once a month. Now it comes to several BSODs per day :-I think it started progressing after upgrading to Windows 11, but I'm unsure.I'm not doing anything special on this laptop, mostly...
  4. BSOD several times a day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD several times a day: My HP ENVY 15 is hitting a BSOD several times a day:https://www.dropbox.com/s/8qmng712ojjoxhw/log.txt?dl=0https://www.dropbox.com/s/aveu0tehbhdapxe/dump.dml?dl=0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-several-times-a-day/30cb9f6c-136f-4ed7-a8a8-339df70b7e13
  5. BSOD several times a day.

BSOD several times a day.: So, I was wondering what exactly has been causing my PC to BSOD. It's been happening VERY frequently as of late, but started a few months ago, and only happened once every couple of days. It seems to give me one of a few different error codes. "irql_not_less_or_equal", "dpc...
  6. BSOD several times a day.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD several times a day.: So, I was wondering what exactly has been causing my PC to BSOD. It's been happening VERY frequently as of late, but started a few months ago, and only happened once every couple of days. It seems to give me one of a few different error codes. "irql_not_less_or_equal", "dpc...
  7. BSOD Several Times A Day

BSOD Several Times A Day: Hello, I am getting BSOD errors several times per day, seemingly at random. This has been going on for about a month now. It started around the time of some Windows updates but I don't know if that is related.The last 5 minidump files are here:...
  8. BSOD with different kinds of errors, several times a day

BSOD with different kinds of errors, several times a day: Please need help with my new Dell Latitude 7420.Info: .dmp, .evtx, .nfohttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14fzBXXBGtt3dqUCtZUszUjrhsrSms7ad?usp=sharingMainly BSOD happens while watching videos in Chrome....
  9. Server Restarting Several Times per day.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Server Restarting Several Times per day.: I have a Windows Server 2016 that is restarting a couple of times per day. Critical Event Viewer Page below. Any insight would be apprecaited. -<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider...
  10. BSOD several times a day.

BSOD several times a day.: I really need help looking at the mini dumps that are being created for my BSOD. How can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/bsod-several-times-a-day/7898bcfe-ea03-452b-a6bd-9c2fc6ac8b02