Windows 10: BSOD shortly after startup of win10

Discus and support BSOD shortly after startup of win10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When running normal mode my computer have run perfectly with the same system config for more then 1.5 years now. No HW has been changed. Lately I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DanLT3, Feb 17, 2018.

1. DanLT3 Win User

BSOD shortly after startup of win10

When running normal mode my computer have run perfectly with the same system config for more then 1.5 years now. No HW has been changed.
    Lately I have started to get BSOD unexpected operation (win10 64bit).
    The problem does not occour when running safe mode with network function.
    I have updated all driver and firmware I could find. Especially motherboard (Z170-A), grahpics drivers (Nvidia GTX 1080) and even firmware for my system disk Samsung 950 PRO 512GB.
    But the problem remains.
    Attached are some logfiles...

:)

DanLT3, Feb 17, 2018
  2. Amorie Win User

DRIVER_VERIFIED_DETECTED_VIOLATION and other BSOD errors on Windows 10.

I understand that a clean boot isnt the source of the bsod, I have now done 3 fresh installs. Also turning off fast startup I doubt will fix the issue. Since it doesnt affect restart. Whether I restart or completly shutdown i have a high chance of BSOD.
    Ive gone days without out a BSOD if i never shutdown or restart my computer. the moment I do shortly after I BSOD.

Thanks for the response, ill try it out the fast startup change.

Amorie, Feb 17, 2018
  3. Amorie Win User
    DRIVER_VERIFIED_DETECTED_VIOLATION and other BSOD errors on Windows 10.

No good still running into BSOD shortly after reboots.

Amorie, Feb 17, 2018
  4. axe0 New Member

Please remove these programs before troubleshooting.

Code: Start Menu\Programs\DriverToolkit Public:Start Menu\Programs\DriverToolkit Public[/quote] If you installed any drivers with either of these programs, use a system restore point or system backup. If neither are available and you don't want to go for a clean install,
    - if you don't know what drivers were installed, check if these programs have logs of driver installations, if requested I can spit the logs for you to find out
    - if you do know, go into device manager and revert the drivers.

5. DanLT3 Win User
    If you installed any drivers with either of these programs, use a system restore point or system backup. If neither are available and you don't want to go for a clean install,
    - if you don't know what drivers were installed, check if these programs have logs of driver installations, if requested I can spit the logs for you to find out
    - if you do know, go into device manager and revert the drivers.[/quote] I installed the DriverToolKit my mistake after all the driver updates. I have not installed any drivers using it and now its removed.

DanLT3, Feb 17, 2018
  6. axe0 New Member
    This looks like a bad CPU, did you ever overclock anything?

7. DanLT3 Win User
    No I have not overclocked anything. But I do use a special cooling Solution for the CPU with NoFan CR-95C.

DanLT3, Feb 18, 2018
  8. BSOD shortly after startup of win10

Hi there,

This is a summary of the most recent bsods analysis.

Code: WHEA Summary: GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE - Micro-Architectural Error - Internal timer (Proc 5 Bank 4) GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE - Micro-Architectural Error - Internal timer (Proc 2 Bank 4) GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE - Micro-Architectural Error - Internal timer (Proc 7 Bank 4) GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE - Micro-Architectural Error - Internal timer (Proc 5 Bank 4) GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE - Micro-Architectural Error - Internal timer (Proc 5 Bank 4)[/quote]
    "Internal timer": Internal CPU timer fault. Hardware issue affecting CPUs timing mechanism.

I recommend to set the BIOS to factory default settings and check/stresstest the CPU.

BSOD shortly after startup of win10 [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    CPU TEST

Run Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums

For Intel CPUs you can additionally use the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool

Warning Your CPU temperatures will rise quickly while under this stress test. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

Note Monitor CPU temperatures with Speccy or HWiNFO64

Speccy
    Speccy gives you detailed information on every piece of hardware in your computer.

HWiNFO64
    Hardware Info (HWiNFO) is a powerful system information utility designed especially for detection of hardware.

Take Screenshots of it and post it here.

BSODHunter, Feb 18, 2018
  9. axe0 New Member
    I don't think a CPU stress test will help, more often than not it is only for temperatures which are usually fine.

10. ok, and what do u think about the Intel Diag Tool? could it be more helpful?

BSODHunter, Feb 18, 2018
  11. axe0 New Member
    Pretty much the same, although both can catch hardware problems IME it's quite rare. If Prime95 doesn't catch any, Intel Diag could and likewise.

12. DanLT3 Win User
    Tested with Prime95 for 5 minutes only and had no errors.
    Moved on to Intel Diag Tool which gave me an error quite quickly. See attached txt file for the report.

DanLT3, Feb 18, 2018
  13. DanLT3 Win User

I waited some time and run the Intel Diag Tool again and this time all tests passed. It might have been the Prim95 which heated the CPU just Before I begun the first time.

DanLT3, Feb 18, 2018
  14. What say speccy when prime is running, How much degrees?

BSODHunter, Feb 18, 2018
  15. Can you provide us with the kernel memory dump please? Its located in C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP.
    You can upload it to an cloud service like dropbox or onedrive.

BSODHunter, Feb 18, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD shortly after startup of win10 - Similar Threads - BSOD shortly startup

2. System Crashes Shortly after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Crashes Shortly after startup: SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎06/‎07/‎2022 18:03StatusNot reportedProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 10eParameter 1: 17Parameter 2: ffff8283d1536000Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: ffffffffc00002b6OS version: 10_0_22000Service Pack: 0_0Product:...
  3. System Crashes Shortly after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Crashes Shortly after startup: SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎06/‎07/‎2022 18:03StatusNot reportedProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 10eParameter 1: 17Parameter 2: ffff8283d1536000Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: ffffffffc00002b6OS version: 10_0_22000Service Pack: 0_0Product:...
  4. BSOD Shortly After Login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD Shortly After Login: I have been looking for an answer to this for a few hours now, and I could use some help. My PC crashes within a few seconds of logging in with the error message: DPC Watchdog Violation. I can run my PC in safe mode without crashing. I have not installed any new programs or...
  5. Blue Screen Error shortly after startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen Error shortly after startup.: I was installing a program which required a restart then I restarted after that the blue screen always appears shortly after opening my account and the code is #Attempted_execute_of_noexecute memory and what failed is Imfilter.sys. When I opened another account on PC It...
  6. BSOD shortly after startup, works normally after restarting

BSOD shortly after startup, works normally after restarting: For some time now i've gotten several bsod after startup that seems to be related to either memory or drivers like SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED KERNEL_APC_PENDING_DURING_EXIT...
  7. Screen gets darker shortly after startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen gets darker shortly after startup: When my computer starts up after being shut down or restarted, shortly after the login screen appears the screen will suddenly get darker. I have tried the following to fix it already without success: I have updated my video card drivers. I have updated the monitor drivers...
  8. BSOD Shortly After Startup - CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION

BSOD Shortly After Startup - CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION: A while ago I had this BSOD and after some shot-in-the-dark attempts to fix it like reinstalling some drivers, chkdsk, and that sort of thing, it worked again and I thought it was over. Recently it has came back with a vengeance. This happened after I updated and used...
  9. Frequent BSOD shortly after bootup (Win10 x64 home)

Frequent BSOD shortly after bootup (Win10 x64 home): I have an Asus G73jh laptop. I upgraded from Win7 x64 to Win10 x64. Shortly after logging into Win 10, I frequently get a BSOD with "MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION" or a hard freeze. It sometimes occurs right after I see my desktop background, and sometimes a minute later. This...
  10. Desktop and Taskbar Dissapearing Shortly after Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop and Taskbar Dissapearing Shortly after Startup: I recently did an upgrade install from my Win7 desktop to Windows 10, and I've been having this issue since. Right near the end of when the computer is finished starting up (a couple minutes after the desktop appears) the desktop and taskbar turn to black. I do not get an...