Windows 10: BSOD since Windows update (ntoskrnl 8x)

Discus and support BSOD since Windows update (ntoskrnl 8x) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; 9 days ago I updated windows, the updated looked very similar to the windows 8.1 to windows 10 (windows cumulative update). This update brought some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lukelumia950XL, Dec 15, 2015.

1. BSOD since Windows update (ntoskrnl 8x)

9 days ago I updated windows, the updated looked very similar to the windows 8.1 to windows 10 (windows cumulative update). This update brought some problems with it. Since the update I have had lots of BSOD. Never before I had one blue screen. Now it looks like I am collecting them, as this damn BSOD: ntoskrnl.exe+162285 I have counted this BSOD 8 times.

I tried to fix this issue myself by updating drivers and stuff and looking over the internet. I am not able to find the problem. I am hoping the masters of TenForums can help me. I have attached the file as suggested by the forum: Attachment 53749.

As a little question from myself, how do you find the exact corrupted driver/problem in all those files?

I hope to here soon from the people from TenForums.

Best regards,

Luke

:)

lukelumia950XL, Dec 15, 2015

2. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE stop error every boot

In my fresh windows 10 installation after a week of flawless operation I started to get this BSOD every time I boot up: system let's me log in and after ~1 minute it drops with the bsod - the interesting thing is that it happens only on first boot attempt;
    when system automatically restarts, everything works properly and I am not getting bsod anymore.

Minidump points to ntoskrnl as the cause of the error so I am frustrated: initially I assumed some upgraded driver (like nvidia geforce) to cause this since there were no bsods for a week after fresh install, but it apparently turns out to be windows components,
    probably introduced with some windows update.

Please suggest.

regards,

Pavel

Павел Знаменский, Dec 15, 2015
  3. BSOD ntoskrnl, plz help!

Hello, I'm having bsod when I launch benchmark with sisoft sandra.

I got 2 different bsod DRIVER_CORRUPTED_XPOOL and DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER all with the same driver ntoskrnl.

what to do?

i'm using win10 64bit.

thank you

S_Bourghol, Dec 15, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD since Windows update (ntoskrnl 8x)

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

Please uninstall G Data Internet Security, choose AVCleaner in the link below
    Downloads - G DATA Software AG
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for GDBehave.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for GDBehave.sys[/quote]

5. [/quote] Thank you for your answere, i fully deleted G data Internet Security. Does this mean G data could be the error in my system? and so i can not download it again if i don't want those bsod again? If so, what anti virus do you advice. Now i am going to download avast free anti virus and hopeing the problem is solved.

I will keep you updated and I am hopeing to hear from you soon.

regards,

Luke

lukelumia950XL, Dec 16, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    G data was flagged, meaning it was causing problems.
    While the system is unstable, it is not recommended to use any other AV then Windows Defender.
    When an AV is removed, WD should be activated automatically, if not you can activate it manually.

7. I waited some days and it is gone, thank you very much.

But an other little question *Wink Where did you find that error, in what file

lukelumia950XL, Dec 22, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

Glad to hear that *Smile

In the dump, if I don't post anything else one can find it when they load the dump.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD since Windows update (ntoskrnl 8x) - Similar Threads - BSOD since update

2. ntoskrnl bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl bsod: My pc has been bsod-ing for 2-3 years now and i recently decided to try and fix it. I use bluescreen view and always see that the bsods are always caused by ntoskrnl.exe. heres all of the stuff ive to try and fix it.Used 1 8gb ram stick at a timeused different ram slotsused...
  3. ntoskrnl BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntoskrnl BSOD: Hello, I have quite a persistent problem here.I often get BSOD or straight out system restarts the latter don't have any trace in minidump. In the past few days, they were too recurrent and got to a point where I had to reinstall Windows because my laptop actually got slowed...
  4. ntoskrnl BSOD

ntoskrnl BSOD: Hello, I have quite a persistent problem here.I often get BSOD or straight out system restarts the latter don't have any trace in minidump. In the past few days, they were too recurrent and got to a point where I had to reinstall Windows because my laptop actually got slowed...
  5. ntoskrnl BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntoskrnl BSOD: I've done a fair amount of troubleshooting on this and can't figure out what's going on. To start with, here are the .dmp files and msinfo32, along with system specs:http://speccy.piriform.com/results/Jh11E0U3KTjnUm6PWVA5bxw...
  6. ntoskrnl BSOD

ntoskrnl BSOD: I've done a fair amount of troubleshooting on this and can't figure out what's going on. To start with, here are the .dmp files and msinfo32, along with system specs:http://speccy.piriform.com/results/Jh11E0U3KTjnUm6PWVA5bxw...
  7. BSOD Ntoskrnl

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Ntoskrnl: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApjRkNasl_IylVCIFjFo4kVnrnm6?e=R7Hrar Link to minidump Now i've ran every memory test. i've done sfc, CHKDSK sfc. memtest86 and memory diagnostic all passed with no issues i've updated through device manager and i'm up to date on everything included...
  8. Ntoskrnl BSOD

Ntoskrnl BSOD: Hello, Any ideas how I can stop ntoskrnl.exe of causing blue screens? It happens every few days while I am playing games on steam Here are my dumps: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E7Kwdh1341_R2psC5NVUoETVBtqC_QlP/view?usp=sharing...
  9. Ntoskrnl BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ntoskrnl BSOD: I have had this issue for so long its almost like a part of me. I have uploaded the last 3 minidumps but I don't really understand what is going on. But I know the number one culprit is Ntoskrnl.exe https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgeiZ1AnXkV6esFtCX3uiwaGGuA?e=SlXCUk...
  10. Bsod ntoskrnl

Bsod ntoskrnl: Hi guys, Any help would be massively appreciated. My computer is BSOD at least two times a day. As far as I can tell, all drivers are up to date including Nvidia. Could somebody take a look at the attached and let me know if you find anything? I've ran a system check...