Windows 10: BSOD - Stop Code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Discus and support BSOD - Stop Code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I don't know where to begin. Laptop was working fine again for last week or so after last BSOD issue that Axe0 helpled me with. I re-installed the WAN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ttrance7, Oct 15, 2016.

1. ttrance7 Win User

BSOD - Stop Code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

I don't know where to begin. Laptop was working fine again for last week or so after last BSOD issue that Axe0 helpled me with. I re-installed the WAN Wireless driver & Intel Chipset drivers that i was instructed to do and seemed to be working fine.

Just before, i woke laptop from sleep to find my internet icon on bottom right of taskbar had showed a red x with no connections available. I then tried to restart laptop, it was stuck with restarting and white circles just loading for ages then eventually the BSOD with the Stop Code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE appeared. I rebooted, looked in Device Manager & Network Adaptors it showed 8 new entries called "WAN miniport...." I then rebooted again, looked in device manager again & saw that those entries had dissappeared and now was left with the normal 2 network entries.

I then came in here to start this thread, then while in this thread ANOTHER BSOD happened, this time with the Stop Code: SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION and next to "What failed:" showed that again igdkmd64.sys.

I don't know what to do. I have had nothing but problems with this laptop and Windows 10. I did a complete, clean re-install of Windows 10 a few months ago and it seemed to be helping (I had major BSOD before that and various other problems) but now these multiple, different BSODS have started happening again. I'm at a total loss and feel helpless.

Would appreciate some help again. Sorry for the trouble. I uploaded the dm log collector zip file but because i literally got two different BSODs, the second one happening right in here when i started this thread for the first DRIVER STATE FAILURE problem, i'm worrired this file will overwrite the log of the 1st BSOD and only show the second BSOD log? Sorry if that didnt' make sense. Just hoping i can get this laptop running stable again.

Thanks again.

:)

ttrance7, Oct 15, 2016
  2. GeeGM Win User

Memory Management Stop Code Error BSOD

I removed the driver completely.

The computer still did not update when restarted.

Subsequent to the Memory Management Stop Code, I got a Driver_Power_State_Failure BSOD twice.

I was unable to locate and/or determine the newest driver for the camera, so I took no action there.

GeeGM, Oct 15, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    BSOD Stop Code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Hi Varun, indicated in the Mini-dump file is your ASMedia USB hub . . .

Go to Device Manager (accessible by right clicking your Start Button)

Find that driver in the last item (Universal Serial Bus Controllers) and update it by right clicking it . . .

If that does not work, go to the support page of the manufacturer of your Device and download the USB drivers they recommend . . .

DaveM121, Oct 15, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi ttrance7,

Please uninstall Avira and use Windows Defender as alternative while troubleshooting.
    Driver Reference Table - avipbb.sys
    Uninstall *Arrow Solved Anti Virus (AV) stand alone removal tools - Windows 10 Forums
    Code: ffffbd82`00c4ada8 fffff80a`79b30163Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\avipbb.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avipbb.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avipbb.sys avipbb+0x10163[/quote]

Thema:

1. BSOD - Stop Code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE - Similar Threads - BSOD Stop Code

2. BSOD!!! Stop Code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD!!! Stop Code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Help! I constantly get a BSOD for Stop Code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. It happens randomly and when it restarts, my PC works fine until I receive the BSOD again. The frequency varies and it even happens when I am not running anything. I ran the minidump in Window Debugger...
  3. BSOD!!! Stop Code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD!!! Stop Code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Help! I constantly get a BSOD for Stop Code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. It happens randomly and when it restarts, my PC works fine until I receive the BSOD again. The frequency varies and it even happens when I am not running anything. I ran the minidump in Window Debugger...
  4. Stop code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Windows 11: Hi there, I have this BSOD that is really disturbing me. Every now and then when I do a restart or a shutdown it gets stuck infinitely on the restarting/shutting down screen then after approx. 6 minutes I get the BSOD and the system restarts. At first I thought it was a...
  5. Stop code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Windows 11

Stop code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Windows 11: Hi there, I have this BSOD that is really disturbing me. Every now and then when I do a restart or a shutdown it gets stuck infinitely on the restarting/shutting down screen then after approx. 6 minutes I get the BSOD and the system restarts. At first I thought it was a...
  6. System crash - BSOD with code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System crash - BSOD with code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hello!I have a problem with my laptop - it crashes to BSOD with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.Usually it happens when I'm using a software which needs a camera\microphone Zoom, Chrome on sites like Google Meets.In Windows Event Log this event appears before last four...
  7. System crash - BSOD with code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

System crash - BSOD with code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hello!I have a problem with my laptop - it crashes to BSOD with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.Usually it happens when I'm using a software which needs a camera\microphone Zoom, Chrome on sites like Google Meets.In Windows Event Log this event appears before last four...
  8. STOP CODE: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    STOP CODE: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hello, My computer has been experiencing blue-screens randomly. It always gives the same stop code on each blue screen, and it has started to blue-screen at least once every few days, on some occasions having two blue-screens within an hour apart from each other. Could...
  9. STOP CODE: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE while playing ROBLOX

STOP CODE: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE while playing ROBLOX: Hi, My ASUS TUF GAMING Laptop crashes while playing ROBLOX. It seems ok when using it for school work or other games. The blue screen crash message is: STOP CODE: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE while playing ROBLOX Anyone can help? Thanks...
  10. BSOD - Crash w. Stop Code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

BSOD - Crash w. Stop Code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hi, My computer has recently crashed a few times with the Stop code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I have gathered some system info and the Minidump DMP files for checking, the download link can be below. Could you kindly help me highlight the reason for these blue screen...