Windows 10: BSOD - Stop Code: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION What Failed: nvlddmkm.sys

Discus and support BSOD - Stop Code: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION What Failed: nvlddmkm.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Attachment 114222 Hello, I been having windows 10 BSOD screen issues. I finally got the (.DMP) files zipped for your reference. See attached. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by hssaini, Dec 19, 2016.

1. hssaini Win User

BSOD - Stop Code: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION What Failed: nvlddmkm.sys

Attachment 114222
    Hello,

I been having windows 10 BSOD screen issues. I finally got the (.DMP) files zipped for your reference. See attached.

I am also attaching a screenshot of the error. It started around 11/19/16 or so.

There are many .dmp files and they all got zipped.

I am hoping you guys can help me fix this issue.

Currently I get this BSOD randomly but thinking it happens when I try to open an image/picture or play music. BTW, my sound has stopped working as well. I tried updating the sound driver but no luck. I am assuming its all related to this BSOD issue.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Rob Saini
    Attachment 114221

:)

hssaini, Dec 19, 2016

2. Stopcode

Windows 10 BSOD Nov 30, 2016: stopcode: system thread not handled, What failed- nvlddmkm.sys.

WilliamRBolton, Dec 19, 2016
  3. Tank.1 Win User
    Windows 10 nvlddmkm.sys system thread exception not handled

Upon attempting to install graphic drivers, during the installer I get a BSOD saying nvlddmkm.sys system thread exception not handled. What failed: nvlddmkm.sys, if I point it to the .inf for the driver it will install it, but upon reboot Windows will BSOD
    at the swirling dots and require going into safemode and removing the drivers to be able to get back in normally.

Any ideas what's going on with this?

Mini dump Dropbox - 011618-10890-01.dmp

Tank.1, Dec 19, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

The zip you uploaded is empty. Please try running DM_Log_collector again and check the zip size before uploading it.

Thanks

Ztruker, Dec 20, 2016
  5. hssaini Win User
    Thanks Rich.

I tried again and zip file says 22KB. When I open it shows as empty. Any suggestions why this tool is not working?

Thanks for your helps/suggestions

Rob

hssaini, Dec 20, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Have you moved your user folders to a different partition? Are you running DM_Log_collector as described? If you have, look for a C:\Users\yourusername\Desktop folder, see what's there.

Ztruker, Dec 20, 2016
  7. hssaini Win User
    Attachment 116218

Hi Everyone,

I reinstalled windows 10 pro again. After few updates in the last week and a half, I have the same problem again.

I am attaching the new DUMP files for your review.

Please help as the re-install of windows didn't fix the issue.

Thanks for your help in advance. This time I verified the DUMP files are there and that the attached zip file is not empty.

Thanks
    Rob

hssaini, Jan 7, 2017
  8. Spectrum Win User

The crash files are pointing towards your Nvidia driver as the culprit. Upgrade to the latest Display driver for you 550TI and let us know if the problems persist.

Spectrum, Jan 7, 2017
  9. hssaini Win User
    Thanks Spectrum

I updated the Nvidia Driver from V21.21.13.6909 dated 8/1/16 to V21.21.13.7633 dated 12/11/16

So far so good.

I'll see how it goes over the next week plus and update accordingly

Thanks again for your help
    Rob

hssaini, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD - Stop Code: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION What Failed: nvlddmkm.sys - Similar Threads - BSOD Stop Code

2. Stop code: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED What failed: FLTMGR.SYS Cannot get to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop code: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED What failed: FLTMGR.SYS Cannot get to...: cannot access SAFE MODE. Using another PC to query that uses Win 10. The Problem is on a PC with WIN 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-code-system-thread-exception-not-handled-what/96ec63d0-6330-45f9-8792-c9d6480dac42
  3. Stop code: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED What failed: FLTMGR.SYS Cannot get to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop code: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED What failed: FLTMGR.SYS Cannot get to...: cannot access SAFE MODE. Using another PC to query that uses Win 10. The Problem is on a PC with WIN 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-code-system-thread-exception-not-handled-what/96ec63d0-6330-45f9-8792-c9d6480dac42
  4. BSOD Stop Code: System thread exception not handled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Stop Code: System thread exception not handled.: Can somebody please guide me on how to fix this issue. My laptop "always" crashes now when I share my screen in a Teams Meeting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-stop-code-system-thread-exception-not-handled/e9b304d0-f562-4c39-a2ff-9a473336299d
  5. BSOD Stop Code: System thread exception not handled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Stop Code: System thread exception not handled.: Can somebody please guide me on how to fix this issue. My laptop "always" crashes now when I share my screen in a Teams Meeting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-stop-code-system-thread-exception-not-handled/e9b304d0-f562-4c39-a2ff-9a473336299d
  6. BSoD Stop Code: BthA2dp.sys and system thread exception not handled.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD Stop Code: BthA2dp.sys and system thread exception not handled.: HiI know there have already been answers on this topic, but the solutions couldn't help my case. First off, I have an MSI Bravo 15 laptop with R5-4600H and R5500M, 16G RAM. It is throwing up a BSoD with the stop codes mentioned in the subject. This originally happened a month...
  7. Stop code: System thread exception not handled What failed: iaStorAC.sys

Stop code: System thread exception not handled What failed: iaStorAC.sys: I have recently started having a blue screen pop up crashing the computer. It saysHow do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-code-system-thread-exception-not-handled-what/aa9981f9-de33-4366-9557-91bb26928486
  8. System Thread Exception Not Handled,What failed: Qcamain10x64.sys

System Thread Exception Not Handled,What failed: Qcamain10x64.sys: While using Facebook, My pc suddenly stopped and shows that my device ran into a problem and needs to restart.Stop code: System Thread Exception Not Handled; What failed: Qcamain10x64. sys.Now what should I do?My pc runs windows 10.system configuration-intel i3 10 gen, 4GB...
  9. BSOD system thread exception not handled rtkvhd64.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD system thread exception not handled rtkvhd64.sys: TL,DR: system thread exception not handled rtkvhd64.sys error screen and resetting to factory does not work. Hi, I've recently had an issue with my Hp Envy and it will randomly crash and show the screen shown on the link and it will be stuck in this screen. I have no idea...
  10. stop code : system thread exception not handled - what failed : AmUStar.SYS

stop code : system thread exception not handled - what failed : AmUStar.SYS: stop code : system thread exception not handled - what failed : AmUStar.SYS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-code-system-thread-exception-not-handled-what/cea01d4c-e5b6-4123-bb71-6c4198eae10b
Tags: