Windows 10: BSOD - Stop Code: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION What Failed: nvlddmkm.sys

Discus and support BSOD - Stop Code: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION What Failed: nvlddmkm.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Attachment 114222 Hello, I been having windows 10 BSOD screen issues. I finally got the (.DMP) files zipped for your reference. See attached. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by hssaini, Dec 19, 2016.

1. hssaini Win User

BSOD - Stop Code: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION What Failed: nvlddmkm.sys

Attachment 114222
    Hello,

I been having windows 10 BSOD screen issues. I finally got the (.DMP) files zipped for your reference. See attached.

I am also attaching a screenshot of the error. It started around 11/19/16 or so.

There are many .dmp files and they all got zipped.

I am hoping you guys can help me fix this issue.

Currently I get this BSOD randomly but thinking it happens when I try to open an image/picture or play music. BTW, my sound has stopped working as well. I tried updating the sound driver but no luck. I am assuming its all related to this BSOD issue.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Rob Saini
    Attachment 114221

:)

hssaini, Dec 19, 2016

2. Stopcode

Windows 10 BSOD Nov 30, 2016: stopcode: system thread not handled, What failed- nvlddmkm.sys.

WilliamRBolton, Dec 19, 2016
  3. Tank.1 Win User
    Windows 10 nvlddmkm.sys system thread exception not handled

Upon attempting to install graphic drivers, during the installer I get a BSOD saying nvlddmkm.sys system thread exception not handled. What failed: nvlddmkm.sys, if I point it to the .inf for the driver it will install it, but upon reboot Windows will BSOD
    at the swirling dots and require going into safemode and removing the drivers to be able to get back in normally.

Any ideas what's going on with this?

Mini dump Dropbox - 011618-10890-01.dmp

Tank.1, Dec 19, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

The zip you uploaded is empty. Please try running DM_Log_collector again and check the zip size before uploading it.

Thanks

Ztruker, Dec 20, 2016
  5. hssaini Win User
    Thanks Rich.

I tried again and zip file says 22KB. When I open it shows as empty. Any suggestions why this tool is not working?

Thanks for your helps/suggestions

Rob

hssaini, Dec 20, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Have you moved your user folders to a different partition? Are you running DM_Log_collector as described? If you have, look for a C:\Users\yourusername\Desktop folder, see what's there.

Ztruker, Dec 20, 2016
  7. hssaini Win User
    Attachment 116218

Hi Everyone,

I reinstalled windows 10 pro again. After few updates in the last week and a half, I have the same problem again.

I am attaching the new DUMP files for your review.

Please help as the re-install of windows didn't fix the issue.

Thanks for your help in advance. This time I verified the DUMP files are there and that the attached zip file is not empty.

Thanks
    Rob

hssaini, Jan 7, 2017
  8. Spectrum Win User

The crash files are pointing towards your Nvidia driver as the culprit. Upgrade to the latest Display driver for you 550TI and let us know if the problems persist.

Spectrum, Jan 7, 2017
  9. hssaini Win User
    Thanks Spectrum

I updated the Nvidia Driver from V21.21.13.6909 dated 8/1/16 to V21.21.13.7633 dated 12/11/16

So far so good.

I'll see how it goes over the next week plus and update accordingly

Thanks again for your help
    Rob

hssaini, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD - Stop Code: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION What Failed: nvlddmkm.sys - Similar Threads - BSOD Stop Code

2. System Thread Exception not Handled What failed: Ci.dll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System Thread Exception not Handled What failed: Ci.dll: Been receiving BSoD's for a while now, have made many attempts to fix possible hardware issues(RMA motherboard, extensive RAM tests, new HDD / Win 10 installs, unplugging peripherals, updating drivers, etc). This is the latest and greatest of BSoD's. My research has lead...
  3. BSOD System Thread Exception Bug Check Code 268435582

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD System Thread Exception Bug Check Code 268435582: I have been having BSOD regarding "system thread exception" and checked the event viewer and it is giving bug code 268435582. It occurs once a day and has recently happened twice today. Sometimes it even occurs when coming from wake or when going to sleep it just says QR Code...
  4. System thread exception: what failed: sekwgdib.sys

in Windows 10 Customization
    System thread exception: what failed: sekwgdib.sys: [IMG] Getting below error. Try everything to do workout but PC keep resarting. need help. thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-thread-exception-what-failed-sekwgdibsys/aacc30c4-f73a-4200-9df7-6a5938235753
  5. system thread exception not handled wdf01000.sys

system thread exception not handled wdf01000.sys: [ATTACH] I dont know how to fix that, I only have command prompt in advanced options, I must fix with that. I cant go in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-thread-exception-not-handled-wdf01000sys/8c25a0ce-3b0d-4212-9c3a-8632662a4a71
  6. stop code : system thread exception not handled - what failed : AmUStar.SYS

stop code : system thread exception not handled - what failed : AmUStar.SYS: stop code : system thread exception not handled - what failed : AmUStar.SYS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-code-system-thread-exception-not-handled-what/cea01d4c-e5b6-4123-bb71-6c4198eae10b
  7. Windows STOP Code: nvlddmkm.sys failed (system thread exception not..

Windows STOP Code: nvlddmkm.sys failed (system thread exception not..: Attachment 111752 I bought used computer from EPC, Inc store for heavy calculation purpose (Dell Precision T5600, Xeon E5-2687W, 8 Core, 32 GB, NVDIA Quadro 5000) - I was running multiphysics simulation program . It was working nicely for ... 2 months than motherboard...
  8. BSOD System Thread Exception help

BSOD System Thread Exception help: The issue with by BSOD is I don't know what it is triggered by, it happens when gaming, sometimes when I watch streams and other times when I just use my PC to browse reddit and other sites. Attachment 63376Attachment 63376 40318
  9. BSOD message, "Stop code: System Thread Exception Not Handled"

BSOD message, "Stop code: System Thread Exception Not Handled": Greetings community: I have a bit of an issue. My new build is caught in a BSOD death loop. I cant even break it to do a clean install on the SSD. I have removed all the peripherals from the MOBO except the monitor and the keyboard and ,mouse. Everything I try is not working....
  10. BSOD system thread exception

BSOD system thread exception: Finally got into safe mode through command prompt and was able to delete the driver from my Nvidia graphics card. Booted back up in normal mode and began the download for new driver. Then BSOD during installation. Ideas? Would love to put my crash file up here but I don't...
Tags: