Windows 10: BSOD Stop Code System_Service_Exception

Discus and support BSOD Stop Code System_Service_Exception in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am getting a BSOD with stop code System_Service_Exception. It seems to happen any time whether gaming or just sitting on desktop. I have searched... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Josh903, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Josh903 Win User

BSOD Stop Code System_Service_Exception

I am getting a BSOD with stop code System_Service_Exception. It seems to happen any time whether gaming or just sitting on desktop. I have searched google and suggestions were to update gfx driver and remove AntiVirus which I have done. I am running latest versions of AMD drivers. I ran SFC and it came back with no integrity violations.

I have attached zip file from the info collection program.

:)

Josh903, Mar 25, 2018
  2. Zapcren Win User

PC Crashing

Hi,

So for some reason every so often my pc just fails to start up, when I push the power button it sound like it's about to start and then just seems to die, then tries again seconds later. It only happens once every few months, but today it happened while
    I was playing a game, it went to BSoD four times, it gave me:

Stop code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

What failed: afd.sys

And one time it said

Stop code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

What failed: wcifs.sys

Specs:

Intel i7-4790 3.6GHz

16GB RAM

Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 4GB VRAM

Windows 10

Zapcren, Mar 25, 2018
  3. How to troubleshoot blue screen errors in Windows 10

My stop code is saying SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

tashirussell, Mar 25, 2018
  4. Josh903 Win User

I just got another BSOD while the PC was sitting idle on the desktop. This time the stop code was kmode_exception_not_handled.

Zip attached.

Josh903, Mar 25, 2018
  5. cwsink Win User
    They all indicate memory corruption. It looks like your memory is currently using DDR4-3200 settings which I suspect might be too much for your CPUs integrated memory controller. I'd recommend setting the memory for DDR4-2667 as that is the highest officially supported by AMD for your CPU. See if the problems continue after making the change and please let us know whether or not it makes a difference.

cwsink, Mar 25, 2018
  6. Josh903 Win User
    Thank you very much for your reply. I did speed up my memory speed to 3200 after 2 recent bios updates finally let my board boot at that speed but maybe it still hasn't worked out all the bugs. I know many mobo manufacturers have been trying to get more and more RAM to work well with Ryzen chips at higher speeds through bios updates. I was running fine at 2900 prior so I will back the speed down a tad and see what happens.

Josh903, Mar 25, 2018
  7. Josh903 Win User
    Just wanted to update that reducing the RAM speed down to 2933 seems to have resolved the issue. I have been able to get through two days of gaming without further issues. I may try again to get the rated 3200 speed next time the bios are updated with maybe a slightly higher RAM voltage.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

Josh903, Mar 28, 2018
  8. cwsink Win User

Thank your for the update. I'm glad it's working for you and nice that it's working at 2933. I'm sure AMD are trying to improve the chances of getting better stability at higher memory frequencies but I do get the impression there's at least a little luck required in the silicon lottery. Good luck!

cwsink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD Stop Code System_Service_Exception - Similar Threads - BSOD Stop Code

2. BSOD - ntkrnlmp.exe - "Stop Code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - ntkrnlmp.exe - "Stop Code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION": I have an Asus Zenbook with Windows 11 blue screening with the "Stop Code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION"I have attached the 3 x mini dump files from this mornings 3 crashes at the link below plus another couple from other...
  3. BSOD - ntkrnlmp.exe - "Stop Code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - ntkrnlmp.exe - "Stop Code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION": I have an Asus Zenbook with Windows 11 blue screening with the "Stop Code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION"I have attached the 3 x mini dump files from this mornings 3 crashes at the link below plus another couple from other...
  4. Stop Code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stop Code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Hi, A few weeks ago my computer started crashing and showing the BSOD. Often it shows this screen every time I start the computer. It's barely 3 month's old, I have window 10 Pro on it, an upgrade from Windows 10 Single Language. I have tried to install the latest updates...
  5. Stop Code: System_Service_Exception

Stop Code: System_Service_Exception: Hi, One of my customers is regularly getting a BSOD with the following Stop Code SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION when they restart their Dell XPS laptop. The Spec of the laptop is Dell XPS 13 9380 Intel Core i7-8565U 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 10 Pro 20H2 Can someone take a...
  6. BSOD with Stop Code SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, portcls.sys failed

BSOD with Stop Code SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, portcls.sys failed: I've just started having BSODs with the aforementioned stop code. At first it seemed to happen whenever I attached my external hard drive, but that was not the conclusive cause. Sometimes the computer will crash while I'm away from the screen, and it's always stuck loading at...
  7. Frequent BSODs with stop codes like UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION,...

Frequent BSODs with stop codes like UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION,...: Since I built my PC I've been getting increasingly frequent BSODs with stop codes similar to those in the title. The most recent Error event looks like: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007f 0x0000000000000008, 0xffffd3009d1c6e70,...
  8. BSOD with Buzz sound Stop code SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION What failed: ndis.sys

BSOD with Buzz sound Stop code SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION What failed: ndis.sys: Blue screen of Death, this time with buzzing sound Stop code SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION What failed: ndis.sys Disk check has been done, drivers have been updated, Windows updated. May be linked to VPN connection....
  9. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Stop Code

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Stop Code: Hello Recently my computer has shut itself down about 6/7 times in the last month roughly. The last time - this evening, I took a picture on my phone and noticed that the code was SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. My Lenova laptop is not that old - maybe 2 years but I've...
  10. BSOD with stop code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

BSOD with stop code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: The past day or two I've started getting random BSOD with the stop code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. It says the file asmtxhci.sys is what failed. I know that's a file associated with my ASUS USB 3.x driver/s but I haven't been able to solve the issue myself. All my drivers are...