Windows 10: BSOD storport.sys (clueless)

Discus and support BSOD storport.sys (clueless) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys, I've registered today at this forum and hoping to get some help on my half year journey to solve my bsod's First let me introduce... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jeweettoch13, Feb 8, 2016.

1. BSOD storport.sys (clueless)

Hi guys,

I've registered today at this forum and hoping to get some help on my half year journey to solve my bsod's

First let me introduce myself. I'm Chris, 31 and living in the always rainy Netherlands.

The BSOD that's coming every 24 hrs is bugging me a lot. This evening when i was busy in a 4 hour build of a Farcry 4 multi player map it BSOD'd with the irritation of all the work lost. I was THIS close to destroying my machine but with the amount of money and time invested i let it rest for an hour and cool myself down for some time.

Which takes me to this point to invest some effort to register and maybe the smart people around here could tell me what is going on with my machine. I didn't had all the logs but some of it contains the storport.sys BSOD which is the main problem

What i tried earlier is reinstalled the Intel RST drivers but with no success. (about 3 months ago)
    Also changed the hdd's to different sata ports but also no success.
    it's on since a fresh install of win7 and also same problem with win10.

system specs:
    Asrock extreme6 X79 mobo.
    I7 4930k stock speed.
    32GB G-skill ddr3.
    EVGA GTX 980 sc sli.
    Evga supernova 1300W power supply.
    Win10 pro x64.
    Hooked up to 2 displays. (Iiyama B2888UHSU uhd monitor and Samsung UE65HU7500 uhd LED tv
    Desktop contains 1 ssd (850 pro) and 3 hdd's. (which could be the problem i guess)

I'm desperately hoping for a solution. Saves me a lot of money on a new build lol *chuckle

Thanks all in advance.

:)

Jeweettoch13, Feb 8, 2016
  2. RyanCohen Win User

Storport.sys Problem When Installing Windows 10

So I'm getting a BSOD when trying to update to Windows 10 from 7. The error message says DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Storport.sys) Any help would be much appreciated!

RyanCohen, Feb 8, 2016
  3. TinJon06 Win User
    BSOD after the Lock Screen of Windows 10

I have a Lenovo G4000 laptop running Windows 10. It is bootable but I can't pass the lock screen. And goes to BSOD. DRIVER IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (storport.sys). Please help!

TinJon06, Feb 8, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD storport.sys (clueless)

Please remove the pirated stuff from your system before we can troubleshoot
    Forum rules

5. 4. No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all, i know but were not talking about it, nor is the piracy thing causing the bsod's. It happens also with a clean install of win7 or 10.

Jeweettoch13, Feb 10, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Just to clear this up, no support is given until the piracy is removed.

7. Ok got it. Piracy uninstall is done. updated log in 1st post.

8. axe0 New Member

The piracy hasn't been completely removed, looking at the hosts file.
    Code: 127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 activation.acronis.com[/quote]

9. Sorry my bad. thought i had it all removed. 2nd update in first post.

10. This morning the same annoying BSOD. I begin to think its hardware related.

Jeweettoch13, Feb 11, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    If Acronis is still activated, then it probably has been modified by the bypasses and you need to remove it.

Your problem comes closer to a lot of outdated drivers than hardware problems. This post will be focused on getting rid of outdated drivers.
    The Intel RST drivers have been flagged in the most recent crashes, it needs updating.
    Driver Reference Table - iaStorA.sys
    Code: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck D1, {0, 2, 0, fffff801c9504aac} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStorA.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStorA.sys Probably caused by : iaStorA.sys ( iaStorA+63aa8 ) Followup: MachineOwner 10: kd> lmvm iaStorA start end module name fffff801`cca40000 fffff801`cd0c6000 iaStorA T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: iaStorA.sys Image path: iaStorA.sys Image name: iaStorA.sys Timestamp: Tue Aug 07 17:43:10 2012 (5021378E) CheckSum: 0008E07D ImageSize: 00686000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Remove ESET while troubleshooting or update ESET.
    How do I manually uninstall my Windows ESET product?ESET Knowledgebase

Update/remove following drivers/related software
    Driver Reference Table - kerneld.x64
    Driver Reference Table - k57nd60a.sys
    Acronis
    Driver Reference Table - ScpVBus.sys
    Check ASrock for driver updates for everything possible
    Remove Truecrypt
    Driver Reference Table - KMWDFilter.SYS
    Update the Logitech device drivers

12. Remove ESET while troubleshooting or update ESET. - eset removed
    How do I manually uninstall my Windows ESET product?ESET Knowledgebase

Update/remove following drivers/related software
    Intels RST see below, no win10 from manufacturer site. From the intel site it wont install due to an error code..
    Driver Reference Table - kerneld.x64 - Aida 64 removed

Driver Reference Table - k57nd60a.sys - Gigabit network drivers?
    Acronis - removed
    Driver Reference Table - ScpVBus.sys - is a ps3 controller emulator. is this an issue to let it be as it is?
    Check ASrock for driver updates for everything possible - Xfast ram and extreme tuning utility removed
    Remove Truecrypt - removed
    Driver Reference Table - KMWDFilter.SYS - dont know for sure what this is.
    Update the Logitech device drivers - updated latest logitech software[/quote] What about the INF and ME drivers? should i update those also?

Windows® 7
    Windows® 7 64bit
    Windows® 8
    Windows® 8 64bit 15.81MB Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver and utility ver:12.7.0.1036
    To support RST 12.7, corresponding drivers update are required.
    Click here to download required Intel ME
    Click here to download required Intel INF
    BSOD storport.sys (clueless) [​IMG]

Asia
    L:

Europe

USA
    L:

China
    10/25/2013 Windows® 8.1
    Windows® 8.1 64bit 16.14MB Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver and utility ver:12.8.0.1016
    Windows 7 ver:12.8.0.1016
    Windows 7 64bit ver:12.8.0.1016
    Windows 8 ver:12.8.0.1016
    Windows 8 64bit ver:12.8.0.1016
    Windows 8.1 ver:12.8.0.1016
    Windows 8.1 64bit ver:12.8.0.1016

Asia
    L:

Europe

USA
    L:

China
    7/18/2012 Windows® Vista
    Windows® Vista 64bit 19.11MB Intel Rapid Storage Technology enterprise driver and utility ver:3.1.0.1085

Asia
    L:

Europe

USA
    L:

China
    12/25/2012 Windows® 7
    Windows® 7 64bit
    Windows® 8
    Windows® 8 64bit 26.29MB Intel Rapid Storage Technology enterprise driver and utility ver:3.5.0.1101

Asia
    L:

Europe

USA
    L:

China
    10/25/2013 Windows® 8.1
    Windows® 8.1 64bit 19.69MB Intel Rapid Storage Technology enterprise driver and utility ver:3.8.0.1111

13. axe0 New Member

The k57nd60a.sys is your Broadcom netlink Gigabit ethernet driver, you could update it via Asrock.

I really meant to check for driver updates *Wink
    There are some drivers that need updating like the USB drivers

The post is focused on getting rid of outdated drivers, it will be an issue if you don't take care of it.

What drivers do you mean exactly?

14. For the corresponding RST drivers to work, the Intel INF and ME should be installed also. But i cant find the corresponding RST drivers for windows 10, only the Win8.1 which are from 2 years ago. Also i uninstalled the INF and ME drivers a long time ago cause i thought they are the cause of the BSOD's. When i'm at home i'll look further into it. Right now I cannot update the Gigabit ethernet drivers because im working remotely trough my desktop. I'll get back to you. Also the drivers installed are more recent than listed on the Asrock site.

15. axe0 New Member
    The INF drivers can you download from ASRock > X79 Extreme6
    It seems the Gigabit ethernet drivers aren't available for Windows 10 on Asrock, so you need to download them from the other link provided.

Thema:

1. BSOD storport.sys (clueless) - Similar Threads - BSOD storport sys

2. Wdf01000.sys BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wdf01000.sys BSOD: I was suspicous that my drivers were infected with malware, so I did some research and have read somewhere that verifying the drivers signature can validify on whether or not I have a virus.So I ran Driver Verifier and selected the option 'automatically select all drivers...
  3. BSOD 1 - 2 times a week, clueless.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD 1 - 2 times a week, clueless.: Hello there,I have the problem that for a few months I get these BSODs with the cause being either SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED or CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION, also there is never a specific application or error code mentioned in the BSOD. The first few times I was...
  4. Storport sys problem and bad system problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storport sys problem and bad system problem: Started with a storport.sys problem. Got to ressett pc it worked for 1 week and then bad problem, tried resetting pc, not allowed, tried full reset of pc, not allowed, got into bootrec, did not find or wrong , going in a loop bad system config , automatic repair, How do i...
  5. BSOD and .cpuz141_x64.sys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD and .cpuz141_x64.sys: Hi guys, Let me first start off by saying I'm not too technical when it comes to the fine details of troubleshooting. This morning I installed a Windows update, upon downloading it and signing in I BSOD'ed and was given the error message ".cpuz141_x64.sys". Every single time...
  6. BSOD L1C63x64.sys

BSOD L1C63x64.sys: Heya guys, this is my first post here *Smile. I just had like 3 or 4 BSODs in these last two days, never had any. I just updated my Atheros 8151 PCI-e driver from Network adapter->properties->update driver. I'm not sure if it is the cause, so I used the tool and attached...
  7. BSOD blaming L1C63x64.sys

BSOD blaming L1C63x64.sys: Like many others I am the victim of this, it happens more than once a day. It never happened on windows 8.1. At Toshiba's request, I have back-dated my driver to the one that Windows installs with windows 10. I am hoping this fixes the issue, if not, here's my dump 58971
  8. wdf01000.sys BSOD

wdf01000.sys BSOD: Hey, this is more of a question. My keyboard has been malfunctioning due to liquid damage, so to disable it I installed an incompatible keyboard/touchpad driver intentionally. The day after, I've been getting wdf01000.sys BSOD errors during startup, which brings me to a...
  9. BSOD tdr_failure_igdkmd64.sys

BSOD tdr_failure_igdkmd64.sys: I have been encountering this error frequently when running games, mostly World of Tanks and the World of Warships beta test. I ALWAYS get this error whenever I accidentally bump the windows key on my laptop in game. If I am at the port or garage screen with all my ships,...
  10. Need help I'm clueless.

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help I'm clueless.: Okay, last night I was playing fine on my built PC with windows 10, everything worked and nothing was wrong. But when I started it this moring it was greated by an unusually long lasting black screen on startup and was only able to see my mouse. That's problem #1. Now I...
Tags: