Windows 10: BSOD: system service exception (netio.sys)

Discus and support BSOD: system service exception (netio.sys) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Since a bit more than two months it starts occurring at irregular intervals blue screens with the bug check string system service exception... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Karlie, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Karlie Win User

BSOD: system service exception (netio.sys)

Hello,

Since a bit more than two months it starts occurring at irregular intervals blue screens with the bug check string system service exception (netio.sys).
    I couldn't find a solution in the internet. Because I read something a driver problem, I started to update a couple of them, but nothing went better. I run the sfc /scannow without any indicated fault..
    The bluescreen happens obviously total ramdomly. No heavy load were running
    The laptop was bought in November and it happens a very few times first in December and more often in Januar.
    I opned the new thread because also the similar described problems didn't fit to mine.
    If anyone has an idea, (s)he would be very welcome!

:)

Karlie, Feb 19, 2016
  2. J.DD Win User

BSOD - System Service Exception (NETIO.SYS) - help

Wouldnt be surprised if ZA is crashing it

3. BSOD - System Service Exception (NETIO.SYS) - help

I use Ethernet net only i have disabled the Wireless drivers. Unfortunately the vendor for the nic card sold out to another about a year later and there are no updated drivers that I can find I found some I thought might work but when i tried to install
    them the install failed saying the hardware did not exist ....as for Kaspersky its the AV portion of ZoneAlarm Extreme. Its an all in one package.

Calvinek99, Feb 19, 2016
  4. BSOD: system service exception (netio.sys)

This seems to be an error being caused by Firefox.

PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe

tanujchadha, Feb 19, 2016
  5. Karlie Win User
    Thanks for your answer, tanujchadha
    but I can't imagine that Firefox is causing the problem, because FF ist running all the time and the problem occurs twice a week or so. Also my other ACER Laptop with Win10 is running with FF and no problems of BSOD at all.
    There must be something other wrong.
    But anyway - thanks again for thinking of the problem.

Karlie, Feb 20, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Don't worry, firefox is active at the time of the crash but not the cause.
    The cause is a driver from Check Point / ZoneAlarm
    Driver Reference Table - vsdatant.sys
    My suggestion is to remove it and use Windows Defender instead as alternative.
    Let us know how it goes *Smile
    Code: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8008ab3dfb8, ffffd000bfb52e70, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for vsdatant.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for vsdatant.sys Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!StreamInvokeCalloutAndNormalizeAction+60 ) Followup: MachineOwner[/quote]

7. Karlie Win User
    Hi axe0,

thanks for your advice. I already deinstalled Zonealarm meanwhile, because I found something in the internet pointing also to Zonealrm as the cause for such BSOD.
    I have to observe now the laptop for a while - lets say two weeks - and if until then no BSOD occures, should be an high chance to have resolved the problem.
    Otherwise (hopefully not) earlier.
    Thanks so far.

Karlie, Feb 20, 2016
  8. Karlie Win User

Hi axe0,

since two weeks now wasn't any crash. So, I think it was the right advice to remove the zonealarm firewall.
    Thank you very much for your help! *Smile

Karlie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD: system service exception (netio.sys) - Similar Threads - BSOD system service

2. BSOD System Service Exception

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD System Service Exception: I'm getting a BSOD occasionally that started a couple weeks ago and has gotten worse.The minidumps pointed to a system file so I ran driver verifier and these are the mini dumps it produced off of 2...
  3. System Service Exception. Wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Service Exception. Wdf01000.sys: My Toshiba Satellite Laptop on Winfows 10,still keeps restarting for like the 40th time. And it won't turn to the locker screen, what do I do to fix this? Can anyone help, please? [IMG]...
  4. BSOD System Service Exception

in Windows 10 Customization
    BSOD System Service Exception: I am randomly getting BSOD screen, some times after 1 month and sometimes every day. I need help debugging my problem. Here is my recent minidump file. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvosaqT-_cvHlX60M_yLb5hmVDa6?e=qwzgKn Thanks...
  5. System Service Exception- igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System Service Exception- igdkmd64.sys: Help pls, when I put a video card in my pc, starts normally but when is charging windows appears a blu screen that says "System Service Exception-Error igdkmd64.sys". But it happens only when i put the video card....
  6. BSOD: System Service Exception

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD: System Service Exception: Hello everyone, I kept on getting BSOD on my new PC for a few days. I'm not sure why this is happening frequently although I have updated all drivers and removed the ones that I think is causing issues. I removed my NVIDIA driver as well as my printer device application yet...
  7. BSOD system service exception

BSOD system service exception: Hi, I have BSOD problem and I need help solving it Minidump : https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aiul6mB--Ok6gn4DdBL3trvL0YD8?e=fxFZLO Sorry if my english not good. Thank you....
  8. BSOD System Service Exception

BSOD System Service Exception: Hello, I recently installed an AMD Radeon HD 6450 GPU into my emachine computer, and for the first few days it worked. Previously, this pc had been running on integrated graphics on an Intel GMA X4500 chip and which is currently not being updated from Intel, but ran perfectly...
  9. System Service Exception BSOD

System Service Exception BSOD: Hello, I've been frequently having BSOD with the exception System Service Exception. I read online that I should update my drivers but I would appreciate if someone could take a closer look at my dump files to pin point which driver. It might possibly be my usb host...
  10. system service exception rtkvhd64.sys

system service exception rtkvhd64.sys: I have no idea... I tried reinstall many times... about 5 or more... I even use Acer driver and MS auto driver... still crash and no sound after using for awhile. I reinstall Windows and sometime I install driver manually and automatically still sound fked up I'm...