Windows 10: BSOD - System Service Exception

Discus and support BSOD - System Service Exception in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey everybody, thanks for taking the time to read this. I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10 Home on my home build after getting a new SSD.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Audio, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Audio Win User

BSOD - System Service Exception

Hey everybody, thanks for taking the time to read this.

I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10 Home on my home build after getting a new SSD. Since then I've been dealing with pretty consistent System Service exception BSODs. A few times I got DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs, which I used WhoCrashed to diagnose, and identified my Ethernet card driver as the issue. I uninstalled that and the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs seem to have stopped, but the System Service Exceptions have not. I tried briefly using Driver Verifier to identify any other issues with drivers, which caused BSODs pointing to Scsiport.sys. I did a bit of research but could not figure out where to go from here. The Scsiport.sys driver verifer BSODs should be the ones that happened on 4/7/16.

The crashes happen under various circumstances, ranging from full idle to under load playing games, and during moderate load with netflix and other random web browsing tasks.

I attached the .zip made with the program provided on the BSOD posting guide.

Thanks for the help!
    -

*edit*: I forgot to mention I've been having thermal issues as well. Nothing that has manifested itself in a lockup or crash as far as i can tell; however my system tends to run hot. 50C idle and 70C under load (gaming etc.). I'm planning on replacing my cpu cooler but dont have the cash to right now.

:)

Audio, Apr 9, 2016

2. BSOD System Service Exception

You should upgrade to the 1511 build as it eliminates quite a few issues

These crashes were related to memory corruption (probably caused by a driver).

Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem. Please run verifier first. You do not need to run memtest yet unless verifier does not find the cause, or you want to.

If you are over-clocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
    In other words STOP!!! If you do not know what this means you probably are not

1-Driver verifier (for complete directions see our wiki here)

2-Memtest. (You can read more about running memtest here)

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Apr 9, 2016
  3. AbdullaSulaimani, Apr 9, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

The zip file you uploaded is missing the following files that should have been collected.

Code: files.txt msinfo32.nfo ProcessList.txt services.txt startup.txt systeminfo.txt tasklist.txt uninstall.txt updatelog.txt[/quote] Can you run it again please. This time try right clicking on it and selecting Run as Administrator, see if that makes a difference. Upload the resulting zip file here.

Quite a few of the dumps are Bug Check 0x3B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

The little I can find on this says:

See if there is an update for your video card driver. Try that and see if it helps.

Ztruker, Apr 9, 2016
  5. Audio Win User
    I tried rerunning the program to gather the .zip again but its stalling at "generating msinfo report" every time I do. I've been leaving this round going for about 40 minutes and its still not moving past the msinfo report nor creating the .zip on my desktop. I'll keep trying but I thought I might as well respond to this post while its going. If it finishes any time soon I'll edit it into this comment.

As far as updating my graphics drivers goes, I already have the most recent release for my card, and unfortunately my card (HD 6950) is now considered a legacy product and is no longer supported, so no new driver releases for me in the future. I have noticed the occasional random graphical stutters when I'm using my computer in the past few days however. The screen will freeze momentarily and the will begin to loop like it does when you blue screen, but after about a half a second everything returns to normal; which also seems to suggest an issue with the graphics card.

*edit* report finished. still not sure if everything is there but I attached it to this post

Audio, Apr 11, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Thanks for the updated zip file. Didn't help much but allowed me to eliminate some ideas I had.

Last dump pointed at Client.exe:

Code: "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BnS\bin\Client.exe" /launchbylauncher /sesskey -lang:english /CompanyID:"12" /ChannelGroupIndex:"-1" /AuthnToken:"N0ZEMzJDOUQtRkRGNy00MzA4LUE5QjQtNkNDRTc4MTg1MjJCOkYxNjUwQzZCLTc2NzQtNDZBQy1CRTgwLTRFRDcxMjQ1MDkyMA==" /AuthProviderCode:"np" -lang:English -lite:2 -region:0[/quote] Try uninstalling it and see if that helps.

Also found this: AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Beta for Non GCN Products. If that doesn't help then you may have to look at buying a new video card.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD - System Service Exception - Similar Threads - BSOD System Service

2. BSOD System Service Exception

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD System Service Exception: I'm getting a BSOD occasionally that started a couple weeks ago and has gotten worse.The minidumps pointed to a system file so I ran driver verifier and these are the mini dumps it produced off of 2...
  3. BSOD System Service Exception

in Windows 10 Customization
    BSOD System Service Exception: I am randomly getting BSOD screen, some times after 1 month and sometimes every day. I need help debugging my problem. Here is my recent minidump file. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvosaqT-_cvHlX60M_yLb5hmVDa6?e=qwzgKn Thanks...
  4. BSOD System Service Exception

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD System Service Exception: I have a computer that is having random BSOD's. I have ran the windbg tool and have found the error is related to ntkrnlmp.exe. I don't know where to go from there. I have zipped the minidump files and created the Msinfo32 file. Here is the link to the files. I will...
  5. BSOD System Service exception

BSOD System Service exception: Dear sir, madam, I am having this BSOD system service exception already a couple of times, but getting back to windows normally has always been possible so far, but the problem annoys me. I hope someone can help me finding the problem. I followed these instructions:...
  6. BSOD: System Service Exception

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD: System Service Exception: Hello everyone, I kept on getting BSOD on my new PC for a few days. I'm not sure why this is happening frequently although I have updated all drivers and removed the ones that I think is causing issues. I removed my NVIDIA driver as well as my printer device application yet...
  7. BSOD system service exception

BSOD system service exception: Hi, I have BSOD problem and I need help solving it Minidump : https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aiul6mB--Ok6gn4DdBL3trvL0YD8?e=fxFZLO Sorry if my english not good. Thank you....
  8. BSOD System Service Exception

BSOD System Service Exception: Hello, I recently installed an AMD Radeon HD 6450 GPU into my emachine computer, and for the first few days it worked. Previously, this pc had been running on integrated graphics on an Intel GMA X4500 chip and which is currently not being updated from Intel, but ran perfectly...
  9. BSOD : System Service Exception

BSOD : System Service Exception: Hi, Recently, my HP laptop is having BSOD: system service exception issue over the past few weeks after windows updates and when watching youtube. Laptop specs: I5-5200U MOTHERBOARD: hp2337 BIOS: F.32 8GB RAM Win10 Pro 64bit Pl advise. Thank you for your help. 123934
  10. System Service Exception BSOD

System Service Exception BSOD: Hello, I've been frequently having BSOD with the exception System Service Exception. I read online that I should update my drivers but I would appreciate if someone could take a closer look at my dump files to pin point which driver. It might possibly be my usb host...