Windows 10: BSOD system service exception

Discus and support BSOD system service exception in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I keep receiving different BSOD's when using computer. Just browsing the internet it happens, occasionally it happens on start-up right after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by krayzie433, Feb 4, 2017.

1. BSOD system service exception

Hello,

I keep receiving different BSOD's when using computer. Just browsing the internet it happens, occasionally it happens on start-up right after I log in to windows. I get different error messages every time but usually the system service exception. I have tried reinstalling windows, updating drivers, updating BIOS, and disc chks. I also performed memtest with no issues. If you can help that would be great. Thank you very much.

Brandon

:)

krayzie433, Feb 4, 2017

2. BSOD System Service Exception

You should upgrade to the 1511 build as it eliminates quite a few issues

These crashes were related to memory corruption (probably caused by a driver).

Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem. Please run verifier first. You do not need to run memtest yet unless verifier does not find the cause, or you want to.

If you are over-clocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
    In other words STOP!!! If you do not know what this means you probably are not

1-Driver verifier (for complete directions see our wiki here)

2-Memtest. (You can read more about running memtest here)

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Feb 4, 2017
  3. AbdullaSulaimani, Feb 4, 2017
  4. BSOD system service exception

so I have had three more BSODs this morning. All happening while on here trying to post! *Mad First error message was "system thread exception not handled" second was "bad pool header" and third said "system service exception. Dump files included. thanks

krayzie433, Feb 4, 2017
  5. 0x0000003B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (4.02.2017 19:00:35) [Windows 10]
    CAUSED BY:
    memory_corruption
    SYMEFASI64.SYS [12.10.2016] * Symantec Extended File Attributes
    NTFS.sys [2.11.2016] * NT File System Driver

0x00000019: BAD_POOL_HEADER (5.02.2017 17:56:07) [Windows 10]
    CAUSED BY:
    Pool_Corruption
    SRTSP64.SYS [14.09.2016] * Symantec Real Time Storage Protection
    FLTMGR.SYS [16.07.2016] * Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager

Please uninstall the Symantec Software:
    Norton(Symantec) Download and run Norton Removal Tool

After uninstall:
    Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    Enter the following command in the Command Prompt window

SFC /scannow

BSODHunter, Feb 5, 2017
  6. Attachment 120552BSODHunter,

Thank you for your reply. I removed symantec and ran the SFC scan. I get this error every time:
    "Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 78% complete.Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix someof them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Forexample C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently notsupported in offline servicing scenarios"

Not sure what that means and I also just got another BSOD with the program uninstalled!? I ran DISM as well and that had an error too. *Sad Thank you again for taking the time to figure this out. I attached the 1 dump file and CBS log.

Brandon

krayzie433, Feb 9, 2017
  7. try

chkdsk %systemdrive%
    fsutil dirty set %SystemDrive%

then do a reboot an let checkdisk start automatically

after that try again:

DISM /Online /NoRestart /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    Dism /Online /NoRestart /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
    Dism /Online /NoRestart /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

BSODHunter, Feb 10, 2017
  8. BSOD system service exception

i performed a clean install of windows 10 last night and just ran the checks you mentioned. all good so far. its passed DISM, chkdsk and sfc scan. i believe it may be fixed, hopefully! ill mark as solved in a few days if i get no more BSODs. thank you again for your help.

krayzie433, Feb 11, 2017
  9. BSOD system service exception [​IMG]

BSODHunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD system service exception

1. BSOD system service exception - Similar Threads - BSOD system service

2. BSOD System Service Exception

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD System Service Exception: I'm getting a BSOD occasionally that started a couple weeks ago and has gotten worse.The minidumps pointed to a system file so I ran driver verifier and these are the mini dumps it produced off of 2...
  3. BSOD System Service Exception

in Windows 10 Customization
    BSOD System Service Exception: I am randomly getting BSOD screen, some times after 1 month and sometimes every day. I need help debugging my problem. Here is my recent minidump file. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvosaqT-_cvHlX60M_yLb5hmVDa6?e=qwzgKn Thanks...
  4. BSOD System Service Exception

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD System Service Exception: I have a computer that is having random BSOD's. I have ran the windbg tool and have found the error is related to ntkrnlmp.exe. I don't know where to go from there. I have zipped the minidump files and created the Msinfo32 file. Here is the link to the files. I will...
  5. BSOD System Service exception

BSOD System Service exception: Dear sir, madam, I am having this BSOD system service exception already a couple of times, but getting back to windows normally has always been possible so far, but the problem annoys me. I hope someone can help me finding the problem. I followed these instructions:...
  6. BSOD: System Service Exception

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD: System Service Exception: Hello everyone, I kept on getting BSOD on my new PC for a few days. I'm not sure why this is happening frequently although I have updated all drivers and removed the ones that I think is causing issues. I removed my NVIDIA driver as well as my printer device application yet...
  7. BSOD system service exception

BSOD system service exception: Hi, I have BSOD problem and I need help solving it Minidump : https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aiul6mB--Ok6gn4DdBL3trvL0YD8?e=fxFZLO Sorry if my english not good. Thank you....
  8. BSOD System Service Exception

BSOD System Service Exception: Hello, I recently installed an AMD Radeon HD 6450 GPU into my emachine computer, and for the first few days it worked. Previously, this pc had been running on integrated graphics on an Intel GMA X4500 chip and which is currently not being updated from Intel, but ran perfectly...
  9. BSOD : System Service Exception

BSOD : System Service Exception: Hi, Recently, my HP laptop is having BSOD: system service exception issue over the past few weeks after windows updates and when watching youtube. Laptop specs: I5-5200U MOTHERBOARD: hp2337 BIOS: F.32 8GB RAM Win10 Pro 64bit Pl advise. Thank you for your help. 123934
  10. System Service Exception BSOD

System Service Exception BSOD: Hello, I've been frequently having BSOD with the exception System Service Exception. I read online that I should update my drivers but I would appreciate if someone could take a closer look at my dump files to pin point which driver. It might possibly be my usb host...